Poll

Should admins be able to choose if Claymores are aloud in infantry?

No they shouldnt24%24% - 37
Yes they should20%20% - 32
STFU with bitching about clays55%55% - 85
Total: 154
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6486|The Suburb at Karkand
Hey guys ive been getting really pissed from Clays on infantry. Everytime i turn a corner boom claymore goes off. Anyways clays take no skill and half my deaths are from clays when i play so should they be banned? Oh by the way im gonna T-Bag each sniper i kill for now on
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas
I think 'nades are a bigger problem.
rmilhous
+32|6545|Augusta, Georgia
No, just get one of your clan mates to go medic, solves the problem. If not, 15 secs is not a long time...
=4th=vsujohn
+3|6434
I think we should ban everything and have everyone stand around in a giant circle jerk and play with each other....
Yeh...stop bitchin, watch your corners, teamwork....etc, can make claymores no big deal.
47man
+46|6441|Cali
Get rid of grenades and claymores or else go away.
MT_Androo
Banned

rmilhous wrote:

No, just get one of your clan mates to go medic, solves the problem. If not, 15 secs is not a long time...
Actually nades are a problem to and every1 are noobs and never revive nades are getting annoying too..
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6773|United States of America
The best way to not get killed by a claymore on infantry only, is to run straight at it.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6695|In You Endo- Stoke
But saying clays take no skill,is like saying mines take no skill,really the person dieing off them needs more skill to dodge then,shit happens dude its part of the game and should be left in.
Spytech
+7|6575

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

I think 'nades are a bigger problem.
yeah, the constant flow of "nades" is much greater annoyance 

But the use of them is also greatly influenced by which map is being played aswell.

/\_/\
          _ /oo    |
         ()_          \______
              \                   / .
                -_              /.  .
                   |  |      / .  .
MT_Androo
Banned

Miller wrote:

The best way to not get killed by a claymore on infantry only, is to run straight at it.
wtf do u mean?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6684

=4th=vsujohn wrote:

I think we should ban everything and have everyone stand around in a giant circle jerk and play with each other....
Yeh...stop bitchin, watch your corners, teamwork....etc, can make claymores no big deal.
QFT. 

Avoid the obvious routes, look before going around corners, and team up with medics.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-10-04 16:51:16)

GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6495|San Diego, CA
I dont mind clays, Id just like them to be destroy-able with grenades not just by wrenches.
Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6435|Florida

=4th=vsujohn wrote:

Excellent, well said.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6675|WPB, FL. USA
No and GTFOI!  It's part of the game - you can't get rid of everything that kills you.  Besides, a sniper is limited by his rifle so that makes things balanced.  Here's a few more things that would interfere with you of having a 100/0 KDR - Nades, noob toob, medics, AK101, everyone better than you, etc.

If it's in the game exploit it

Kaboom.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6675|WPB, FL. USA

MT_Androo wrote:

rmilhous wrote:

Actually nades are a problem to and every1 are noobs and never revive nades are getting annoying too..
WTF did he just say?? 
No wonder everyone wants to close down the borders and even kick some people out

Kaboom.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6768|Chicago.
Why don't we remove guns and substitue cute, little teddy bears as the main weapon?

As a note to all, don't ask for anything to be nurfed, it's really become pathetic.
DaZeD863
+11|6568
clays ARE FOR THE INFANTRY.... so why take them out in IFANTRY only.. lol... The easiest way to avoid them is not run straight for enemy flags.. try and go to the sides or back..... Also helps with the nade fest... Honestly I treat nade spammings like arty... Just get the fuck away as fast as possible....

If it really starts pissing me off ill just switch to sniper and get some no skill kills myself and yes... it takes no skill to kill with a clay... I would love to see how you guys avoid them... seems to everytime i see one around the corner its usually cause it just blew up in my face... adding peaking around corners would be nice....
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485
Well they definatly should be able to kick people who abuse them, spamming in alleys and on flags, running up into an enemy base and throwing them in some poor bastard's face, or putting them on a spawn point so when a guy spawns.... boom!! +2 points.
slicknic
+145|6643
Clays should be banned period.   they are completely overpowered as is.
=4th=vsujohn
+3|6434
Those who want the removal of claymores probably dont know how to use them effectively, or they just get killed too much.
Teamwork with medics can make claymores no big deal at all. You whine about claymores on the flag? Have 1 guy go on the flag to remove them, have another guy run up and revive him.... 1 guy gets revive points both get cap and cap assist points and nobody dies. As much as a claymore whore as I may be, i hardly ever die from claymores, why? Because I know where they would be, and i try to avoid ramboing by myself.
=4th=vsujohn
+3|6434

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Well they definatly should be able to kick people who abuse them, spamming in alleys and on flags, running up into an enemy base and throwing them in some poor bastard's face, or putting them on a spawn point so when a guy spawns.... boom!! +2 points.
Now spawn claymores are slightly gay, but I can imagine what map and what spawn this occurs the most....Hotel on Karkard. If all you hotel kiddies would spawn at square or suburb and be in a much better position to defend, you wouldnt have to worry about getting spawn killed with them. I dont believe spawn killing is wrong, because for the most part they can spawn elsewhere. Uncap raping is different, especially on Wake, changes the whole balance of the game.
demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK
Why do we go from people whining about tanks and planes to now in IO servers people whining about claymores and nades if you don't like the things go play WOW FFS, this must be about the 10th post about this sort of thing. I know everyone is entitled to the own opinion but come on its a war game. Maybe we should have servers were we all run around slapping each other. I do get pissed off when i am dumb enough to get killed by a claymore but its part of the game so i just live with it.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6644|Warlord
No.

If that became a permissible server rule* then it's just the thin end of the wedge. What's next? Grenades, because they take little skill and support guys can use unlimited numbers? The G36E, because it's too accurate? The PKM, because it's too powerful?

*It's already a rule on some servers.

I use claymores a lot but I hate claymore spammers, even on my own team. Putting them down again and again and again in high-traffic areas is just cheap and actually caused one of my favourite SF servers to switch from IFF on to off, which ticks me off no end as that makes them essentially useless.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6690|Houston, Texas
I can understand in a ranked environment, ok whatever. But EA does need to offer support for class/weapon restrictions for the non ranked servers. Novalogic has had it in their games for YEARS now.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone
FF on FTW!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard