-=:Sparky176:=-
+1|6682
I've run across a bloke who is impersonating a BF2S administrator, may be worth your while to look into this fella.

He's posted in a public forum and I will post for you his post and my replies for you to view.

bf2s kitchenspoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a notice.

This server was reported to me the last turn over at the bf2s meeting. It is indeed violating the bf2 roe and thus it will be removed from the server listing permanently.

Although this may seem harsh, this was not the whole reason for my decision.

I entered this server and participated in several games. the first of which clan who admins the server was on the MEC team and i was on the USMC team. From the minute i entered their was "biased" administration courtesy of TE Michael (something similar). Their rules clearly state, no claymores in and around the flag points. This is acceptable within the bf2 roe. it also states that you cannot spawn camp and kill excessively at spawn point with either nades or bullets. This is also within the bf2 roe. but thus, player on my team (MEC) was being kicked for this breaking these rules, but the players on their team was not being warned or kicked from the server for laying claymores.

I was eventually kicked in testing this theory.

On my return to the server i joined the USMC team and joined the same squad as TE clan. Generally too explain to them the situation, it was followed with another kick for "show some respect".

If you cannot tolerate the blunt truth of what i said, then u need too grow up a bit.

On my last return, i explained who i was, what i do on bf2 servers and how i assess them on a ratings basis and whether too pursue any action with my superiors. Eventually i was banned from the server.

I really hope a TE clan leader or representative can contact me about this situation. Or your server will be removed from the server listings and made "rank inactive" thus you gain 0 points for participating in this server towards your stats.

You can contact me either through the official EA BF2 Forum as "kitchenspoon"

or my email

[email protected]

BF2S Server Administration was made for a specific reason in compliance with EA and the developers. we administer the server, and follow up on any complaints that players may have worldwide. If these accusation are found too be true, action is taken.

The next term meeting is being held on the BF2S teamspeak, all are more than welcome too sit in and listen. Once again, contact myself or another bf2s admin you may see.

Sincerely yours,

Kitchenspoon

Head of UK Liaison
+1|6682
I would like to post our server rules for ALL to see, and I will also post the ROE, I am asking you to point directly to sections of the ROE and specific rules that we're using to break these rules, and if this is in fact a violation we will remove them immediately.

Welcome to The Exploited UK Ranked BF2 Server
Server Rules
No Claymores on or around the flag area.
US Team only spec ops may enter factory to blow commander assets
MEC is not allowed on or up the hill, other than to take out commander assets.
The Factory is the MEC Uncappable base, please don't cap factory
Commanders must hide and command NO FIGHTING COMMANDERS
Not following these rules will be reason enough for admins to kick or ban
Teamspeak is running for those 18+ on IP 66.29.7.121:9344 password is in member forums

**************************BF2ROE****************** ****

ROE
The following are the official Rules Of Engagement for Battlefield 2 and supercede any you may have read prior to this date. This announcement will be duplicated across all EA Battlefield outlets and as such are the only official outlets for rule updates and modifications. Any changes to the Rules Of Engagement will be made simultaneously across official channels.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (ROE)

RANKED SERVERS – AN OVERVIEW
The ranked server program and ranking system introduced by DICE and EA for Battlefield 2 is designed to promote a system of statistics gathering and rewards for BF2 players on a level playing field in which players can expect the same standard configuration and playing environment on any ranked server they play on. These standards are achieved and maintained by ensuring that all server providers and server administrators are abiding by a common set of rules as determined by EA.

1. RULES AND POLICIES FOR TRUSTED PARTNERS / SERVER HOST PROVIDERS
Dice and EA are limiting trusted server software distribution to our network of Trusted Partners in order to protect the integrity of the code system. We want everyone to be able to play Ranked Servers if they choose. It is imperative that all of these Rules and Policies be adhered to in order to create a level playing field for everyone.

1.1 Server Configuration

1.1.1 Ranked Servers have a number of settings hard-coded so that users cannot adjust them. These settings are all set as below to keep the competition on Ranked servers balanced across all providers:

minPlayers: 16+ (minimum server size is 16 players)

sv.password = “” (empty string - Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.)

sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for 16-32 maxPlayers, 8 for 64)

sv.spawnTime 15

sv.manDownTime 15

sv.ticketRatio 100

sv.teamRatioPercent 100

sv.punkBuster 1

1.1.2 Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).

1.2 Server Content

1.2.1 Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers are not allowed to run customised games or Mods, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components.

1.2.2 Whenever there is a new patch released Ranked Partners are required to upgrade their servers.

Ranked servers are not to run upcoming content early nor out of date content.

1.3 Server Access

1.3.1 BF2CC may be used to access and adjust server settings not defined above but hosts must be able to demonstrate that the ranked server code is secure – no FTP access or other direct access to the files is allowed.

1.4 Maps

1.4.1 Custom maps are never permitted on ranked servers, although we do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players.

2. RULES AND POLICIES FOR ALL SERVER ADMINISTRATORS MANAGING RANKED SERVERS (PUBLIC OR PRIVATE)
These are rules and policies that all people running ranked servers are expected to observe. Failure to do so can result in the server being delisted.

2.1 Copyright Infringements and Advertising

2.1.1 Server Administrators may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software, distribution of copyrighted software or CD keys or other contraband while on any Ranked Servers.

2.1.2 Server Administrators may not market, promote or advertise other services or products on any ranked servers (excluding trusted partners and in game server messages).

2.2 Game Setting Changes

2.2.1 Server Administrators may not change any server settings preset by EA (as listed above).

2.2.2 Server Administrators may not load up custom maps or modifications to Ranked Servers.

2.2.3 TK Punish must be active (i.e. not “off”), but can be set to automatically punish or to allow players to punish/forgive by voting.

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply only to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

3. RULES AND POLICIES APPLYING TO ALL PLAYERS ON RANKED SERVERS.
The following rules are ones that players are expected to abide by while playing on ranked servers. Any use of third-party programs or game exploits not listed below should be reported through one of the channels listed below.

3.1 Use of Cheats or Hacks

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players. This would include but not limited to:

(a) MSX and other 3rd party software.

(b) Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.

(c) CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon

(d) CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings

(e) Mini-Map hack so all players are visible

(f) Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.

3.2 Game Exploits

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(a) Using tag teams to take turns to kill and revive each other in turn (using knives, pistols, etc.)

(b) Playing on Knife and/or Pistol only Servers

(c) Playing on Knife only Servers

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

(e) Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

(f) Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

(g) Turning boats upside down and constantly repairing them

(h) Glitching inside buildings (using building model glitches to attack out without risk of being hit).

Cont'd next post
+1|6682
4. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THE ROE

Anyone who observes violations of the ROE based upon server rules or player actions should report these violations (with screenshots) as soon as possible.

Any action taken against players or Server Administrators will be taken by EA and may include having ranked servers being delisted (unranked) or having player accounts reset to remove all global points and awards.

Violations (or suspected violations) can be reported to any of the following authorised groups:

EA Support: http://support.ea.com/

Punkbuster: Cheats, hacks or exploits can be reported to [email protected]
Last edited by ROE|IndianScout : 09-07-2006 at 11:11.

*****************END OF ROE***************************

With that being said, I've researched the validity of the Kitchen spoon on www.bf2s.com and it's funny he's not listed as a server admin or even a member or bf2s. And I find it a bit strange that he uses a hotmail addressa rather than an address like [email protected] account?

Again I am calling for clarification as to what rule or rules exactly and refer to the exact section of the ROE that your aledging we're violating by having the said rules.

Our rules are posted in the loading screen and are scrolled in game as per ROE, We're not prohibiting anyone from using any commander assets, not using any weapons, or armor, anything such as that.

We've merely applied custom rules, which under my interpretation of the ROE are completely within the ROE. I guess I need to seek clarifications on the rules, because at the end of the day there are many gray areas and subject that are not specifically covered. I would like to confirm that these rules that we've made were done so with the ROE in mind, and to the best of our knowledge have not been deemed illegal by anyone OFFICIALLY from EA.

Kitchen spoon I am quite puzzled by the fact that our server logs don't reflect any admin abuse whatsoever, however they reflect an admin responding to you and your concerns. Here are the logs for your and everyone's viewing.

5 KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:28:59] you put C4 on claymores
5 KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:29:00] idiot

KITCHENSPOON............STOP Spawnkillinh.....NOOB
5 KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:29:11] then stop putting c4/clymore on flags
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [18:29:07] *** WARNING: [GN]Lt.Spoon, your language is

unacceptable. Please keep it clean.
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [18:29:28] KICKING!!! KitchenSpoon RAPING SPAWNS
3 TE Michael408 2 Global [18:31:44] !w mic language
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:33:17] *§1DEAD§0*but you dont kick when snipers on your

OWN team put claymores around flag which is rule 1?
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:33:24] *§1DEAD§0*kinda biased/hypocritical
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:39:28] michale, why dont you start kicking for the snipers on

YOUR team putting claymores onf lags
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:39:36] or the players on your team using c4 bug to get on

buildings?
3 TE Michael408 2 Global [18:39:42] when did you let me know
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:39:42] rubbish admins
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:39:49] a few times, you ignore thou
5 bf2s KitchenSpoon 1 Global [18:39:57] hence im reporting this server too my seniours
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [18:40:01] KICKING!!! bf2s KitchenSpoon show some respect

4 bf2s KitchenSpoon 2 Squad [18:44:28] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_SQUADthis server is being

reported to bf2 roe, for not upholidng their adminstrative rights and general server abuse
3 TE Michael408 2 Global [18:44:44] dude why dont you just leave
4 bf2s KitchenSpoon 2 Squad [18:45:06] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_SQUAD if you are unsure of this,

you can check on the Official BF2 EA Forums and my post will be on their, you can find me as kitchen spoon,

moderator and
4 bf2s KitchenSpoon 2 Squad [18:45:09] HUD_TEXT_CHAT_SQUADbf2s admin
-1 Admin None ServerMessage [18:45:17] BANNING!!! bf2s KitchenSpoon disrespecting

admins

Thanks and good day sir, and you sir are being critical of our admins, I say people who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Sparky
+331|6737|Houston, TX
To my knowledge, none of the staff here at bf2s.com is on the BFROE team.  Nor do we have any admin or Moderator who goes by the handle "Kitchenspoon".  I'd believe his claim to work for bf2s as fraudulent.  To further on that, bf2s.com is in no way authorized to handle any disciplinary measures concerning server status, nor do we handle EA's enforcement of ROE.

You mention that he posted in a public forum.  Would you be kind and link said forum here so that we may view it please?  Myself and the rest of the staff here don't take kindly to impersonators, or the threats they issue.

KJ
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6712|The Netherlands
Lol at superfly.

A bit more serious reply is needed tho imo.

Read all about the rules for the european bf2s server here

Btw after reading what this idiot wrote, i think he made a spelling error cause its seems to me he's posing as a BF2RS server admin really. The BF2s server admins don't 'check' other servers to see if they play by the roe bla bla. We don't even care about other servers. All 13 eu server admins are quite busy with running just one 64 player ranked server really. BF2RS admins do just that so i think he's trying to posing as a bf2rs admin really.

To think bf2s has some kind of ea connection and that we re reporting other servers that are violating the roe is just ridiculous. In most cases we don't report even stat padders, we just ban them.

Edit: good point Kung Jew, a link would be cool sparky so we can talk to the guys who own that forum and tell them its an imposter.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-10-04 09:49:49)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6785
It woudl be amusing if he posted that list of server rules on BF2RS at the same time as asking who this Kitchenspoon is.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

I think we should haul Saladfork in for questioning.

KJ here.  Mack the knife has been apprehended, but the others remain at large.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Echo
WOoKie

King_County_Downy wrote:

I think we should haul Saladfork in for questioning.

KJ here.  Mack the knife has been apprehended, but the others remain at large.
Explane yourselves please guys, me and probably most of the others have no idea what you are talking about.
kn0ckahh
+98|6731|netherlands, sweet lake city
dont forget that you should ask you enemy if you may kill him
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

Whoever wrote the ROE is a complete moron..who in the world would run a server with infantry only and go through all the trouble to say to people, don't use tanks or KICK!! when he can also choose for the easy way?
I tell you..morons at EA
scouseclarky
+10|6574
sparky has informed ea of our server rules for clarification on weather or not the breach roe, if the do we will take off the rules that breach them. i informed sparky that kitchenspoon was not an admin as i checked both the user groups for bf2s and bf2s game admins and moderators and his name wasn't on the list. i also informed sparky that any1 who is a forum member is entitled to wear the [BF2s] tag, and sparky has spoken to slayer about kitchenspoon i will try and get him to post a link of the forum posts later
Echo
WOoKie

scouseclarky wrote:

sparky has informed ea of our server rules for clarification on weather or not the breach roe, if the do we will take off the rules that breach them. i informed sparky that kitchenspoon was not an admin as i checked both the user groups for bf2s and bf2s game admins and moderators and his name wasn't on the list. i also informed sparky that any1 who is a forum member is entitled to wear the [BF2s] tag, and sparky has spoken to slayer about kitchenspoon i will try and get him to post a link of the forum posts later
Hey cool. Thanks for your effort.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6675

-=:Sparky176:=- wrote:

^^I'm thinking this is a ROE violation.

ROE wrote:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
Although it not explicitly stated here, preventing a team from capturing a capturable flag is preventing a game feature that is almost certainly intentionally set as such by the programmers.

A similar example is when the U.S. caps the suberbs on Kark and both team agree to just leave it and fight at the hotel. This turns off ticket bleed for the US, and is considered stat padding (or something similar).
+1|6682
My mistake I should have given the link to the public forums I'm referring to in regards to Kitchenspoon.

http://www.4u-servers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1010

Thanks guys,

Sparky
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6701
ROTFLMAO at them believing the kid and at their silly statpadding rules.  Only spec' ops in the factory, what about the support guy to give him more C4(blow up the assets all in one trip), what about the medic to keep the other two alive).  I think it is a violation of the ROE to limit  who can go in to an un-capable base, besides the factory is NOT AN UN-CAPABLE BASE.

But then isn't it against the ROE to impersonate someone else (clan or admin), not that you could figure out witch stats were KitchenSpoons ( unless he is stupid and use his nick), nnnaaahhh you still can't prove it.  I guess it was not in game, but does that matter? 

Stat wipes and ranked server revocations are not publicly posted they are sent in an email.  No company does messy business like that in public if they can help it.  Its bad PR.
Echo
WOoKie

My mistake I should have given the link to the public forums I'm referring to in regards to Kitchenspoon.

http://www.4u-servers.co.uk/forums/show … php?t=1010

Thanks guys,

Sparky
Thanks sparky.

I ll take care of it guys. Give me some time to reply to their forum, i already regestered there just now.
Echo
WOoKie
Okay here's what i wrote.

me wrote:

Good day gentlemen,

General-Echo here, server admin on the bf2s european ranked server for bf2s.com. http://wiki.bf2s.com/site/servers/eu/chiefsofstaff

I m here because of this report of an bf2s imposter on your forum. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=46993

Official reponce from Kung Jew, moderator for bf2s.com.

Kung Jew wrote:

To my knowledge, none of the staff here at bf2s.com is on the BFROE team.  Nor do we have any admin or Moderator who goes by the handle "Kitchenspoon".  I'd believe his claim to work for bf2s as fraudulent.  To further on that, bf2s.com is in no way authorized to handle any disciplinary measures concerning server status, nor do we handle EA's enforcement of ROE.
To think bf2s has some kind of ea connection and that we re reporting other servers that are violating the roe is just ridiculous.

Cheers,

[BF2s] General-Echo.
BF2s.com.

Edit: i m sure i was posting in the right thread here, did you guys do a cleanup?
Responce:

BlueHawk, administrator on that forum wrote:

The ROE posts have been removed, this forum is for clan promotion etc any further posts off topic will also be removed.

If anyone has an issue with a server please follow the proper channels or contact 4u directly. 

Anyone wishing clarification on there server rules please pm them to BF2RS|L3|Lammie
They removed his stuff already.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-10-04 11:43:02)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6737|Houston, TX
Echo - K_C_D and I were pokin fun a the name Kitchenspoon.  Hence the Saladfork (actual member on bf2s forum) and Mack the knife.  Sorry bout the confusion and spam.

KJ

PS thanks for the awesome representation of bf2s.com in handling the OP's situation.  Couldn't have done it better myself.
Echo
WOoKie
Ah i get it now, i knew Saladfork was a member here so i thought you guys were serious lol.

Thanks.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I would like to post our server rules for ALL to see, and I will also post the ROE, I am asking you to point directly to sections of the ROE and specific rules that we're using to break these rules, and if this is in fact a violation we will remove them immediately.

Welcome to The Exploited UK Ranked BF2 Server
Server Rules
No Claymores on or around the flag area.
US Team only spec ops may enter factory to blow commander assets
MEC is not allowed on or up the hill, other than to take out commander assets.
Commanders must hide and command NO FIGHTING COMMANDERS
Not following these rules will be reason enough for admins to kick or ban
Teamspeak is running for those 18+ on IP 66.29.7.121:9344 password is in member forums

ROE wrote:

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

Echo
WOoKie
This sub forum isnt here to discuss server rules of the The Exploited UK Ranked BF2 Server.

We re done here. Can a mod please close it?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

yes general.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6749|Hell, p.o box 666

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard