Volatile
+252|6695|Sextupling in Empire

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6621|Washington, DC

Jesus christ. What's next? Pre-order 2142 and get a free nuclear reactor?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6710|California

/win
Volatile
+252|6695|Sextupling in Empire

What better way to keep people from selling the game on Ebay after getting bored than making them buy it through the downloader.

Also, it saves on our resources.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459
Bad-Ass. I get another jump-start on killing the skilless of the future.
Simon Moon
+13|6660|Canada
There seeems to be a lot confusion about this.

A preload will allow you to download the game, completely to your pc. The pborlem is, that it will be encrypted in a package you cant install yet. This way, you can download the big file over multiple days if needed. Once the game gets released your EA downloader client gets the key sent to it that it needs to decrypt the package. Once you got that, you can play the game. So you might have the game 7 days early on your disk, but you cant install it or play it (whatever they chose to do for the activation).

So no playing 1 week earlier.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

Simon Moon wrote:

A preload will allow you to download the game, completely to your pc. The pborlem is, that it will be encrypted in a package you cant install yet. This way, you can download the big file over multiple days if needed. Once the game gets released your EA downloader client gets the key sent to it that it needs to decrypt the package. Once you got that, you can play the game. So you might have the game 7 days early on your disk, but you cant install it or play it (whatever they chose to do for the activation).

Great way to rain on my glory. Oh btw I told everyone in my clan (its a small one) about your site and contest like you asked.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

Simon Moon wrote:

by any chance are u french canadian?
Simon Moon
+13|6660|Canada

Superior Mind wrote:

by any chance are u french canadian?
I am not even canadian. I can understand french, but thats it. I am swiss.
CaptainKris
+54|6467|Safety Harbor, Florida

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Meh, who wants the reactor? Go for the Freaking bomb dude, go for the freaking bomb!
Icleos
+101|6732

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I heard it was a discount deal.
Better not let Iran find out...  =X
Rogue_Delta
+6|6446
you can preload the game 7 days early cause the servers will be fricking overheated all week. EA says 120,000 people have applied for the veteran program. can you think of 120,000 people clicking the 'download now' link on the same day?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6528|Internetfitlerland

120,000 people may have signed up for vets, but not everyone will be playing right away.  Some just want to reserve a name in case they decide to get the game or when they buy it down the track.  I'd say of that number, about 50,000-60,000 will click the 'download now' button the day its out, probably less.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6446
sure, but then you got to add the new players. anyway, I still believe the reason for a 7 days early preload is to avoid overcrowding servers
Delphy
+45|6575|Bristol, UK
I don't really care, i'm torrenting 2142. I have no money.
Rogue_Delta
+6|6446

Delphy wrote:

wow.. SP. I guess you will be done before we even get to play on servers LMAO
starman7
+15|6715
Yeah... I sorta thought initially that some sort of internet pulse would be sent out to all the pre-downloads to activate it... but thx for the informative post about how they work (that actually would make a lot more sense-it just wouldn't install if the system clock said it was before a certain date.  Though maybe you could disconnect it from the Internet and screw with the clock...)
Hyper
Banned
+154|6741

Rogue_Delta wrote:

Delphy wrote:

wow.. SP. I guess you will be done before we even get to play on servers LMAO
TONS of places to play with the *not so legit* versions of things
Perfeck.kirby
IT's Perfect.kirby
+2|6756|Winterpeg Manitoba

Delphy wrote:

got to love torrent
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6765
Wow, I feel like such an old timer, still buying my EA games on CD...
Trixano-taa-
+2|6539|NY
ied much rather buy it on a CD, i hate that ea downloader peice of crap.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6477|Melbourne

I dont plan on buying BF2142 getting a RC aircraft instead, but i must say its a bold move on EA's behalf think of all the people that will release this file as a torrent though...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6648|WPB, FL. USA
OMFG HAXORZ!!!!
It's BS in the first degree!

Look at the guys tag on the link "2142 Staff", now look at the site - not EA, now look his join date "Sept 2006"

If it looks like dog shit, smells like dog shit, taste like dog shit then it's EA/Dice

Kaboom

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard