cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6692|NJ
Now I might be wrong on this, but if an Amish person gets there picture taken doesn't it steal there soul? So all the Photographers are snapping away on these people because of the incident and making matters worse for these poor people by stealing there souls..
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
Isn't that some south american tribes???
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6739|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
What goes?:  clip clop clip clop BANG!!! BANG!!!! clip clop clip clop clip. clop

An Amish drive by
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

"...even Ezekiel thinks that my mind is gone."
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Isn't that some south american tribes???
Yeah, that sounds more like it.  I don't think Amish have such beliefs.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6574|Florida
I dont think thats Amish beliefs either.  Im not sure who believes in that, but I know what your talking about.
JaMDuDe
+69|6774
Thats a native american thing i think. Amish people base their beliefs on the New Testament and it doesnt say pictures will steal your soul in there.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6566|Portland, OR, USA
well obviously no amish person is going to respond to this thread...

i guess we'll never know
dubbs
+105|6628|Lexington, KY
The Amish do not believe that taking you picture steals your soul.  As all the other people stated.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6752|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

HAHA, Weird Al FTW!

Livin' in an Amish paradise.

Last edited by Miller (2006-10-03 15:50:39)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6681|United States of America
It's just like the treatment for the injured people. They're not denied the hospital technology to save lives. They, themselves, are just not allowed to own or use it. They just avoid the modern technology.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

DesertFox423 wrote:

It's just like the treatment for the injured people. They're not denied the hospital technology to save lives. They, themselves, are just not allowed to own or use it. They just avoid the modern technology.
They are allowed to own it if it's a neccesity - for example if an ederly man, with arthritis, needs a petrol-driven tractor in order to work the fields to feed himself, then that's ok.

Basically, from what I understand it's a pride/greed/averice thing - if it can be seen as a 'status symbol' it's bad. Comes from not 'worshiping' any 'thing' other than 'god'.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2006-10-03 16:10:58)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6441|The Land of Scott Walker

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

DesertFox423 wrote:

They are allowed to own it if it's a neccesity - for example if an ederly man, with arthritis, needs a petrol-driven tractor in order to work the fields to feed himself, then that's ok.

Basically, from what I understand it's a pride/greed/averice thing - if it can be seen as a 'status symbol' it's bad. Comes from not 'worshiping' any 'thing' other than 'god'.
I think you're right.  That's what I've heard.  Wish I could talk to an actual Amish person to clarify for sure.
Xblade-3o5-
Oi, Suzy!
+113|6749|Florida, United States

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I am a man off the land here to discipline, got a bible on my hand and a beard on my chin
KevMunro
Bring a Towel
+8|6428|Brisbane
"Well then I put this question to you - How many Amish abadiginal people do you see modelling anyway?" - Derek Zoolander

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard