.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6831
An ambulance decided to drive through a red light on a blind junction without the sirens on doing at least 50mph and missed my car by about 20cm.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK

Reciprocity wrote:

In the moment, i was pissed(angry to our UK friends)  more than anything that this guy in the truck chose to kill me rather than the asshole in the van.
We use pissed like that too, as in 'pissed off' at someone or something.
But pissed can also be drunk.

---

When i was about 12 - I was quite ill just before flying home,  (from Saudi to UK) so mom took me to the medical center, and i was given some stuff, a double dose as i was flying in a couple of hours.
About 4 hours into the 7 hour flight i projectile vomited down the cabin.  Un-conscious soon after, kind of remember being wheel chaired off the plain.
Turned out i was given penicillin, i am allergic to penciling.
Asshat, in this day and age we would have probably gone for compensation, then we did nothing.

Been told it was quite serious because of being 3 hours from any medical help.
224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6430|NH
When I was about three, I decided it might be cool to somersault down a flight of stairs.

It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be.

Other than that, I've cracked my head open on stone surfaces twice.

If you really think about it, you almost die every second of the day.

Like, "what if I had crossed the street 10 seconds ago? I would've been pizza."
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6453|Bradford UK

Masterstyle wrote:

I can remember 3 distinct times so far in my life, I almost drowned the first time i jumped in a pool, I ran into a bathroom too fast with my sisters hairspray all over the floor making it slippery, i slipped and hit my shoulder on the toilet seat so hard i couldnt move it for 10 minutes im lucky it wasnt my neck that hit the seat like that and i almost got run over by a bus while riding a bike.

Have you ever almost met with an untimely end? if so post it here.
the other night i ran round the corner slap bang into the path of...................A FUCKING MACHINE GUNNER, I BUNNY HOPPED MYSELF TO SAFETY, RAN OVER TO HIM TEABAGGED HIM WHILE HE WAS RELOADING, ALSO TOOK A SHOT ON HIS HEAD B4 KNIFING HIM IN THE FOOT!!!! Almost an untimely death but not quite!!
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
In france on the motorway, bout 100mph, lorry driver signals to us to pull over. we figure that it was the exhaust that we recently had fixed. lorry driver gets out n points to the front wheel. Me n my mum get out, my dad reverses a bit. the front near side wheel is almost falling off, wobbling everywhere. My dad then gets out, on closer inspection, turns out that 4 of the 5 nuts keeping thw wheel on had fallen off. he then took the last one of with his hand! if u lose a front tyre at that speed, u will flip and die
turns out when we got a new tyre put on, the guy only tightened the nuts wid his hand n not the drill. so we are currently sueing them.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
going about 30mph on my bike in the middle of winter at 6AM on a sunday (paper round, makes it incredibly heavy) and i went over a patch of black ice the bike skidded onto its side just as a land rover discovery came tearing round the corner at about 50mph. it never even saw me and missed me still on the ground about 6 inches away from where it went. it nackered anyway just coming off at that speed onto tarmack with no helmet.

going bout 15 mph on the pavement when i passed a driveway that was about 500 metres long and just when i was passing it i heard the squeal of car breaks and a bloody humvee smacks into my back wheel at 30mph. i was sent way over the handlebars and onto a brickwall on my back, cracked my head open though i didn't realise it till i sat down at home and saw that there was blood running down the back of the chair. whoops.

doing paper rounds can be a dangerous occupation!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
riding my bike once down a fast hill with my brother, i checked behind me to see if he was still there and when i looked back, there was a dam van infront of me. it clipped the side of my bike and spun me off towards the middle of the road. i managed to gain control again, and seconds later a shit load of chavs in cars drove past (from around a corner, so if i was in the road i would have been hurt). i suppose that was the closest i have got.

oh also, when i was crossing a zebra crossing when iw as younger once, some prick didn't stop, and drove full speed past me, about a foot away from me. so that was also close.
Fadediesel
+15|6417|Emmaus, Pennsylvania
me = chocking
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6480
Lets see....
1. Turning on the oven with a match for my brother when I was ten and he was 8.  He neglected to tell me he turned the gas on a "couple" of minutes prior to lighting.  Hair grew back nicely though.  Blew me and my brother into the living room and caught our table on fire.
2. Driving a motorcycle around 70mph when another motorcycle pulls out in front of me and I clip the back tire with my front and I slid 50 yards before hitting a clump of trees. (If I had hit the trees first I would have definitely been dead.) Bike was totaled when it hit the trees.
3. Working as a volunteer firefighter at a 2 story church fire. I was posted at the top of the ladder feeding a stream from a hose into an open window when it blew and I flew off the ladder and landed with my leg pinched in the ladder in a tree a few feet away from active power lines.

Just waiting for the grand exit.  Probably have a tank land on me or I am the first case of a virulent disease.
Lupoo
+6|6418|Belgium
I've almost died 3 time's.

1- I was 2.5 years and had a virus at my brains(never went good again ) and at the first night at the hospital the doctors had the revived me.

2- At the age of 12 I've been hit by a car(of a policeman ) at 90km/h,I fly about 3meters high in the sky and smacked to the ground, past out about 15 min.and then at the way to the hospital they had to revived me (again :s).I broke my leg at 2 places and can't walk for about 6 month.At this car hit there where 4 friend with me (we came just of a football match). they haven't sleep for about a week. The problem was that at the end of the round my brakes of my bike broke.

3- I was cycling and fall down with an other very hard.My hips was broken,stomach and lever hurt. At the hospital,in the operation room, I past out and they had to revived me (3 time of my live:s). Then the next 3 months I must stay at my bed. Not leaving for eating,washing,going to the toilet,.... At this moment I was 16 years.

For the rest I broke almost every bone at my body,had stitches all over my body too.

Now I'm love live.I'm now 27,have a wife and 2 boys (the little one is just like his dad, also haven't fear of anything :d:d)
If you watch dead in his eyes 3 times you starting to love live. Every day is a beautiful day to me.

Now I die every day at BF2 but it hurt not so much.
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

I can remember 3 distinct times so far in my life, I almost drowned the first time i jumped in a pool, I ran into a bathroom too fast with my sisters hairspray all over the floor making it slippery, i slipped and hit my shoulder on the toilet seat so hard i couldnt move it for 10 minutes im lucky it wasnt my neck that hit the seat like that and i almost got run over by a bus while riding a bike.

Have you ever almost met with an untimely end? if so post it here.
the other night i ran round the corner slap bang into the path of...................A FUCKING MACHINE GUNNER, I BUNNY HOPPED MYSELF TO SAFETY, RAN OVER TO HIM TEABAGGED HIM WHILE HE WAS RELOADING, ALSO TOOK A SHOT ON HIS HEAD B4 KNIFING HIM IN THE FOOT!!!! Almost an untimely death but not quite!!
R you kidding me?
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6480

Lupoo wrote:

I've almost died 3 time's.

1- I was 2.5 years and had a virus at my brains(never went good again ) and at the first night at the hospital the doctors had the revived me.

2- At the age of 12 I've been hit by a car(of a policeman ) at 90km/h,I fly about 3meters high in the sky and smacked to the ground, past out about 15 min.and then at the way to the hospital they had to revived me (again :s).I broke my leg at 2 places and can't walk for about 6 month.At this car hit there where 4 friend with me (we came just of a football match). they haven't sleep for about a week. The problem was that at the end of the round my brakes of my bike broke.

3- I was cycling and fall down with an other very hard.My hips was broken,stomach and lever hurt. At the hospital,in the operation room, I past out and they had to revived me (3 time of my live:s). Then the next 3 months I must stay at my bed. Not leaving for eating,washing,going to the toilet,.... At this moment I was 16 years.

For the rest I broke almost every bone at my body,had stitches all over my body too.

Now I'm love live.I'm now 27,have a wife and 2 boys (the little one is just like his dad, also haven't fear of anything :d:d)
If you watch dead in his eyes 3 times you starting to love live. Every day is a beautiful day to me.

Now I die every day at BF2 but it hurt not so much.
Wow.. I almost kicked the bucket 3 times myself... STRANGE,..........
rippa1
+3|6523
I was in a gas explosion once which blew a wall down in a house like it was made out of cardboard, I escaped by punching an upstairs window out and jumping through it, the door wouldn't open with the pressure, the wall blew down when i smashed the window, strange indeed ,very frightening. Coupla weeks in hospital and a hell of a lot of micro-surgery, was picking plastic off my head for weeks from the melted ceiling tiles,they are deadly. Got run over once , knocked the f==k out. Had my lung collapse three times a few month ago,that really wasn't nice, had a bad car crash or two, was blowing smoke outta my chin below my lips after one of em, was a big hole there.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

Not me, and I've never broken a bone either.  Although I believe I had hairline fractures on my shinbones from not using shinguards (DOH!).

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-10-04 14:39:30)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
novadounuts
+5|6490
Wellllllllllllllllllllll...............................

Havent Really Experienced Any Of That Shit Yet That I Cant Think Of...

Last edited by novadounuts (2006-10-04 14:41:34)

FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6532|Boston, MA
I should've died/gotten injured after a lot of stupid things I've done. The last thing I did was jumped up and down on the top step of an 8 foot ladder with no wall within arms reach so I could've easily have fallen on my head and have been really screwed. I can't believe some of the things I do and that I still never broke a bone yet. I've held onto the back of a moving car, car was going maybe 30-40mph, seems like friggin 60-70 when you're outside! I always jump over a fence that I want to say is roughly 3.5-4 feet tall and I just kinda barely clear it, I'm waiting for the day where I clip my feet on the top and land face first into the concrete, that will not be a good day.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6845|Waikato, Aotearoa
Hmmz lets see......

Almost drowned when I was 8, been stung by a box jellyfish (or seawasp) when I was 10, been hit by cars twice (when I was 10 and again @ 20), thats about it.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6494|There?
No................but i almost killed some people one time..............shhhhhhhh dont tell
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

I had few close calls during the war. Once an artillery shell (or tank) fell maybe 15 meters away from me. Also it hit the concrete so the fragmentation was very erm... close to the ground. Luckily I was hugging and kissing the ground in time, cursing the buttons on my jacket, so it went over my head.

Also I probably had few close encounters with Anti Personnel Mines and unexploded erm.. things that explode
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6465|cuntshitlake

Once I fell on my back and couldn't breath for a few minutes. that scared the hell out of me but dying hasn't been close so far...
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6649|I smell corners
I was in Thailand during the tsunami, we had booked a boat tour for the 24th Dec but we didn't go because my girlfriend was sick, the boat we should have taken never came back from Phi-Phi island. We were very lucky on this one, unfortunately many people were not.
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Once I fell on my back and couldn't breath for a few minutes. that scared the hell out of me but dying hasn't been close so far...
lol
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

Masterstyle wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

lol
Well that was mean.
TravisC555
+118|6221|Cox Convention Center, OK
I swallowed a penny and couldn't breathe for a few seconds or so. I don't even know why I put it in my mouth, and don't know what it looked like after it came out

Last edited by TravisC555 (2007-05-14 19:27:56)

rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6513
i was swinging on a rope 10 feet over a river, rope snapped, i landed on my head in the river next to a piece of wood that was 6 inches from my head.  Im lucky i didnt break my neck and lucky the board didnt pierce my skull.  Ive had various other "close calls" but dont have time to elaborate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard