Lt.Smurf
+5|6696|North Germany
Got stitched by a scorpion in Saudi Arabia in 77', had about 15 min left to live, and as you know women aren't allowed to drive there so i had a prob getting to hospital because all the men where at work and the camp i lived in was far out in the desert near Ad Dammam. Then we got some street workers to drive us (my mom and me) there, but he got in an car crash too.... anyhow someway we got there in time and i got 5 huge injections... that was the worst part.... but still alive.... dam law in Saudi...

p.s.: sorry for the the spelling a little rusty my English

p.s.s.: don't know if the law is still active that women aren't allowed to drive....

Last edited by Lt.Smurf (2006-10-02 16:55:59)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA
operating table is all i have to say...fucking doctors dont know a clean knife from a dirty one
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6603
many many times. twice i was jumping on my dads bed when i was 4, i fell off the bed hitting my head on the ground. i could oh snap my neck instead, 2 TIMES.

I stook a key in an outlet when i was 4, now looking back, im suprised i didnt pass out.

Drank paint, very sick! when i was 6

Almost snapped neck again for the third time, falling down a stairs.

Oh yea i purposely rode my bike infront of a vehicle almost getting hit, last year, i cant beleive i did that

i know i almost died more...ill think of them
Sylvanis
+13|6637|Toronto, Ontario
Went for a swim when I was about 12 months old or so (obviously not knowing how to do so).  Was involved in car accident, 3 dead 2 survived (no I wasn't driving).  Got hit by a car while riding my bike.  Nearly drove my car into the front of a snowplow at 90+ kph (a few times).  Many assorted close calls with heights and falling objects.  And my favorite was the time a convenience store clerk put a gun to my face because he thought my girlfriend stole a $5 plant.

EDIT
Not to forget nearly breaking my neck a few times snowboarding, but that's just part of the sport.

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-10-02 16:55:42)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6766|Dallas

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

many many times. twice i was jumping on my dads bed when i was 4, i fell off the bed hitting my head on the ground. i could oh snap my neck instead, 2 TIMES.

I stook a key in an outlet when i was 4, now looking back, im suprised i didnt pass out.

Drank paint, very sick! when i was 6

Almost snapped neck again for the third time, falling down a stairs.

Oh yea i purposely rode my bike infront of a vehicle almost getting hit, last year, i cant beleive i did that

i know i almost died more...ill think of them
I think Darwin was speaking directly about you in the whole "Survival of the Fittest and Smartest" bit.
starkingdoms
+6|6772
motorcycle accident, some ass turned right in front of me, luckily i was slowing down (30-35 miles per hour) when i had to make the emergency stop that ended in me being hospitalized for a little bit.
dubbs
+105|6633|Lexington, KY
Every time I sneeze I am close to death.

About a year ago I was doing 90 MPH per hour in the rain (trying to pass a semi so I could see), and hydroplaned.  After three 180s and I hit the semi twice, and went across 2 lanes of traffic on Interstate 75.  All of this while in a 2001 S10 extended cab.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

I got electrocuted once. A small zap though, left my arm numb for a few minutes.
Madhadda1
+270|6546|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
i woke up 2 times and couldnt breathe..... couldnt talk..... couldnt breathe needless to say it was very scary.. 
ive also had 2 open heart surgerys, your pretty much dead throught the surgery your not breathing and your heart isnt beating.. so close enough.

Last edited by Madhadda1 (2006-10-02 17:05:57)

samhornby
Bo'Selecta!
+14|6553
I crashed my sisters bike going 50 the otherday in the rain o a winding country road. Im not sure what happened but i ended up sliding with the bike trepped ontop of me for about 20 meters. jumped back on the bike and rode it home, because I thought i had just twisted my Ankle. Sadly I had ripped a chuck of meat out of my ankle an inch deep by and inch wide, so now im taking tons of codine for the pain and lots of Antibiotics. But, it could have been alot worse..A car was infront of me when i picked my bike up, if i had crashed just a few seconds later, i would have slided round a blind corner, and everyone speeds on the road..it wouldnt have been pretty.
T0rr3nt
+54|6578|Michigan
i was driving on a highway and it was wet. out of nowhere this construction sign was out too far, so i had to swurve(sp?) around it. since it was nice and wet out i slid all over the place and hit a barrel, then swurved back and then back into the barrels, trying to avoid the wall. finally i did a 270 degree turn right in front of a gastanker, no shit. and was almost t-boned by it.

that was by far the scarriest thing i have ever been through.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6561

Cougar wrote:

I had sex with a latina chick once who had just gotten her nails done.

I'm lucky to be here.
Oh yeah,  I only date latinas. Let just say that my back looks like I get whipped on a regular basis.

Anyways, three years ago I was t-boned by a chevy bronco. I was the passenger in a honda accord and it hit on my side. The bronco hit the right front tire and my door flush. Had it just hit  my door I'd be dead. Walked away with a bruised sternum and lots of cuts. Well lets just say i faired better than the girl who hit us. She was ejected from the bronco and the car landed on her head. Life lesson: Don't drink and drive. Yes, she was very drunk. The paramedics said they could smell the alcohol from the blood on the ground.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6702
I was in a plane crash. That's probably the closest to death I've ever been, by far.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6752|Chicago.

Skruples wrote:

I was in a plane crash. That's probably the closest to death I've ever been, by far.
!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Do tell!
Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6689
kinda embarassing but when I was like 5 or something, I went to this water park in the Caribbean(can't remember where) and my dad was calling me that we were going. And we were in this place where the water was shallow and there was like a shit load of people and little kids. I also liked going underwater a lot for some reason so as I marched out of the pool I went underwater a few times. As I went under, I tried to get back up but I couldn't. I struggled to get my head above water but I realized I was stuck in something. But then these two people pulled me up kind of and when I was above water, I realized I was stuck right inside this lady's ring floatie that was around her belly. Smack right into her boobs lol.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6433|Washington State, USA
i almost drowned once, i almost got hit by a car on several occasions.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Hit head on when I was going down the highway at 55mph by a speeding truck coming around a corner.  The guy totaled my car and pushed the steering column up so far that there was about a foot between the seat and the steering wheel.  Should've broken both legs or killed me and all I had was a bruised sternum and a pulled muscle in my biceps muscle.  Guardian angels FTW!
zer0fus10n
+14|6513
Not me but a guy i know, This happend at a Go-Kart track, Not your average 30kph rip-off tracks, A proper karting track these reach speeds of about 100kph, The start of the race was a rolling start and some of the go karts have a push to start button and others you need to get them moving so the engine kicks in and if yours konks out you gotta get out and push it, so when you stop your kart stops so if you spin out yours will stop, Anyway at the start of a race the first bend a sharp left this guy spun out he was winning and you know what its like when your winning, he jumps out to push his kart with about 30 karts flying down the straight heading for this bend while he was out of his kart, He got hit around like a domino the people came around the corner dam fast and had to slide and still damaged him pretty bad resulting in 2 broken arms and legs and hospitlised for a while aswell he lived though
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I was in Afghanistan in December 2001, we were in a fire fight, and I was behind a group of big rocks.  I was reloading my weapon, but was being way too fast about it.  The magazine flew about 2 feet away from me.  I low crawled out to go pick it up, and a line of bullets hitting the ground came flying right past my face destroying the magazine.  If I wasn't too scared to shit myself, I would have.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6518
fell down the stairs holding a basket of needles flat on my face
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6579|Florida

usmarine2005 wrote:

I was in Afghanistan in December 2001, we were in a fire fight, and I was behind a group of big rocks.  I was reloading my weapon, but was being way too fast about it.  The magazine flew about 2 feet away from me.  I low crawled out to go pick it up, and a line of bullets hitting the ground came flying right past my face destroying the magazine.  If I wasn't too scared to shit myself, I would have.
suck
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

suck
Damn right I did.  I was just spayin and prayin for about an hour after that.....way too shook up to aim.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6744|Backward Ass Kansas

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

I got electrocuted once. A small zap though, left my arm numb for a few minutes.
To say you were electrocuted is like saying you drowned a little.

tr.v. e·lec·tro·cut·ed, e·lec·tro·cut·ing, e·lec·tro·cutes

1. To kill with electricity: a worker who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire.
   2. To execute (a condemned prisoner) by means of electricity.

At the age of 38, I honeslty can't remember all the times I have almost died, but I can recall a few....

As very small kid my cousin Rex told me to lick the ground wire on a 3 to 2 prong plug and it kcocked me about 10 feet off of the wall but in no way was I elecrtocuted - just a hell of a shock.
Hit by a car in 2nd grade, the car I was in was at a stop light and I told the lady who was driving our car pool that I could cut through the yards to go home and before she could say anything I got out and ran straight into a car going the other way.
In high school I got so wacked out on acid that I somehow ended up inbetween the lanes of a very busy highway - not sure how I made it out of that one.
In college someone undid the quick release on the front tire of my mountian bike. Flying dow a hill I hopped a curb, front wheel went away, forks dug in and I catapulted over the handlebars and smacked my forehead really hard (was going about 30 mph) on the grass about 12 inches past a concrete sidewalk. Knocked the fuck out for a couple of minutes until a guy I had class with shook me awake - I then proceded to go over to what I though was my girlfriends house and she informed me that I had broken up with her two weeks earlier - no shit.
I've also been in at least a dozen car wrecks, impailed myself with a sharp stick in a mountian bike race, broken countless bones and had hundreds of stiches. Those last two are moslty due to my fondness for Kentucky Straight Bourbon.
Thats all that comes to mind right now....  Great thread...  + 1 to creater.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA
I haven't, but a friend of mine died 2 times. Once, he had an allerhic reaction to a medication he took and his throught swolled shut. The second, he had a seizure at prom and something weird happened. But I'm glad they could revive him both times.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

When i was 16 I built a jacobs ladder out of a neon transformer, a wood block and two welding rods. They were two far apart and i ASSumed the transformer was off. My hands were actually hot from the shock and i got bucked.

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-10-02 18:10:38)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard