Poll

Which direction do you usually strafe chopper pilots?

Clockwise (left)64%64% - 44
Counter-clockwise (right)35%35% - 24
Total: 68
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6760

I've been trying to do new things with the chopper and started to realize I have a major weakness. I can do almost any maneuver I want by circling clockwise (tilting to the left, correcting with "D" key) and feel very agile, but when I have to switch directions I'm all awkward about it. My circles are wider, and less graceful, and I find myself going back to that one direction all the time.

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that they do maneuvers in a single direction generally speaking.

Maybe it's got to do with left/right handedness, or left/right brain kinda deal. Who knows. Leave comments about what you think please.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

clockwise
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6748|the middle of nowhere

stryyker wrote:

clockwise
It just feels better.

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2006-09-30 21:02:48)

switchbladezz
+48|6615
left, that is becasue when i solo that is the best way to couteract the spinning of the chopper so that i can use the chaingun better, so i am just better at doing it to the left.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6748|Chicago.
If 12 o'clock is facing North, then counter-clockwise would be to the left. I think your poll is messed up.

Anyway, it dosen't matter for me. I do both. Probably 75% counter-clockwise, 25% clockwise.
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6703|Alaska
i do it both ways
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

now that i think about, i do an eliptical pattern, and then a roll, and then i go the other direction.

so both?
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6703|Alaska
i didnt mean at the same time, just i do left and right
GotMex?
+193|6760

Darkhelmet wrote:

It just feels better.
That's my best explanation so far as well... it feels right.

BigmacK wrote:

If 12 o'clock is facing North, then counter-clockwise would be to the left. I think your poll is messed up.

Anyway, it dosen't matter for me. I do both. Probably 75% counter-clockwise, 25% clockwise.
I was picturing it from a birds-eye view down on chopper. Clockwise is achieved by tilting chopper to the left and compensating with right strafe (D). Counter-clockwise just the opposite.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6554|Brisbane, Aus

anti clockwise
cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.
I typically go counter-clockwise but I can go either direction with no problem.
cablecopulate
+449|6735|Massachusetts.

bi-Dsp-CS- wrote:

i do it both ways
ha ha.
slicknic
+145|6623
wheres both?.. but yea it just takes practice... but i can do it both
MorbidFetus
+76|6548|Ohio

BigmacK wrote:

If 12 o'clock is facing North, then counter-clockwise would be to the left.
No. If you strafe left you are going clockwise.
t0mhank5
+319|6709|Surge
always counter clockwise... is it to do with my left handedness anyone?
Lime
[Bf.Nut] - No Use Talking
+23|6742|Singapore
Can do both ways but somehow i just feel more comfortable doing counter-clockwise... i'm right handed.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6588|Your attic
If I'm on my own I go clockwise, so you can use the main gun on your own.

If there's someone in with me I still tend to go clockwise anyway, but I don't seem to feel any difference if I switch, quite useful just to keep them AT guys on their toes.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6707|austria
depends on the environment! doesnt matter!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
Graphic
Real Horrorshow
+24|6492|Nevada
Counter-clockwise feels better.
Drumedor
Oops, who put that tree there?
+17|6542|Borås, Sweden
Clockwise, don't know why.
GotMex?
+193|6760

Interesting results... looks like most people (2/3rds) spin the same direction I do, while the other 1/3 goes around the other way. I should've added which handedness you are as part of the options as well and it might've shed some more info, oh well.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas
Counter. Right Handed.

I don't know why. I tried clockwise, I could still do it pretty well, it just felt weird.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6678|Disaster Free Zone
errr I'd say clockwise but I can chuck it anyway I like... The figure 8 keeps people guessing and I've never seen any other pilot use it.
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6603|Parainen, Finland
Counter. Right handed also.

Funny that you took it up cause I have never thought of it that much, but now that you mention it I also suck going clockwise. Don´t know if I have much use of it though but it wouldn´t hurt practicing at all, could come in handy some day...

+1 for awakening me!!!
im_in_heaven
+27|6585
lol all the same shittt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard