usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

Gitmo is a violation of human rights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_ … mo_ramadan

"Meals are offered before dawn and after sunset to accommodate their fasting during daylight hours."

Wow....I wonder what US troops in Japan POW camps think of this.  Oh wait, never mind, they were being experimented on with chemical weapons.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

we are such the evil empire.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6669|Ft. Drum, NY
gitmo=club med 

well compared to what the north vietnamese did to downed pilots in the nam.

Last edited by yuckfou09 (2006-09-28 09:56:01)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Gitmo inmate: "i hope that my meals dont tempt me during my religious holiday"
US prisioner is asshola, Iraq: " i hope they dont chop off my head today"
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad
flyboy in 'nam camp: "I hope that they don't cut me open, rip my intestines out, show them to my face, sever all my limbs, and then leave me to die"
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6470|Communist Republic of CA, USA

yuckfou09 wrote:

gitmo=club med 

well compared to what the north koreans did to downed pilots in the nam.
North Koreans in Vietnam?  I know I wasn't there and am not a certified History expert, but something doesn't quite add up...
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6511|Montucky

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

gitmo=club med 

well compared to what the north koreans did to downed pilots in the nam.
North Koreans in Vietnam?  I know I wasn't there and am not a certified History expert, but something doesn't quite add up...
I'm sure he meant North Vietnam...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6665|Colorado
They have to be human for it to be a violation of human rights, as these things that used to be men, chose religion over reason, they made the choice of doing what felt right to them, instead of proceeding with the knowledge of what is right.
They should put them all to death, force answered with force but only after attacked.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6511|Montucky
I wonder if Pork is on the weekly menu...
T0X1C1TY
+6|6425|Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

TrollmeaT wrote:

They have to be human for it to be a violation of human rights, as these things that used to be men, chose religion over reason, they made the choice of doing what felt right to them, instead of proceeding with the knowledge of what is right.
They should put them all to death, force answered with force but only after attacked.
Your idea of right and there idea of right are to completely different things. You see as Osama Bin Laden put "Americans value life to much and won't sacrifice, but we value death as if it was the Americans Life values." Meaning just because you think them killing for something our European ancestors killed for the last 900 years ago is wrong, and they think it's right doesnt make you right or them right.

In short we are all evil bastards who deserve an early grave.
P.S. What we killed for was for our religion, like they are doing right now...
Please start correcting/hating me now....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

T0X1C1TY wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Your idea of right and there idea of right are to completely different things. You see as Osama Bin Laden put "Americans value life to much and won't sacrifice, but we value death as if it was the Americans Life values." Meaning just because you think them killing for something our European ancestors killed for the last 900 years ago is wrong, and they think it's right doesnt make you right or them right.

Ya know, but the crusades were 1000 years ago, and it was wrong then just as what radical Islam is doing is wrong NOW. We can't speak for, defend, or take responsibility for shit that happened 1000 years before we were born.

1000 year old history event does not give the justifation for what they are doing now.
CommandoRog
+10|6676|USA
The Geneva Conventions on prisoners of war should not apply to Al Qaeda ,Taliban or any Terrorist.

Capture-Interrorgation-Extermination.

Guess im one of those Evil Americans.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6822

CommandoRog wrote:

The Geneva Conventions on prisoners of war should not apply to Al Qaeda ,Taliban or any Terrorist.

Capture-Interrorgation-Extermination.

Guess im one of those Evil Americans.
Yep, you are.
It's one of the problems with trying to be the good guys, you actually have to be good.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6554
Which they've done after severe criticism.  It wouldn't look good if all their prisoners starved to death.  And besides, cold comfort in you're an innocent.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6785

lowing wrote:

T0X1C1TY wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Ya know, but the crusades were 1000 years ago, and it was wrong then just as what radical Islam is doing is wrong NOW. We can't speak for, defend, or take responsibility for shit that happened 1000 years before we were born.

1000 year old history event does not give the justifation for what they are doing now.
But what happened in Vietnam and Japan would justify doing shit to the guys in Guantanamo, deliberately placed outside of any legal jurisdiction by the US government?

Can't have it both ways.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

aardfrith wrote:

lowing wrote:

T0X1C1TY wrote:

But what happened in Vietnam and Japan would justify doing shit to the guys in Guantanamo, deliberately placed outside of any legal jurisdiction by the US government?

Can't have it both ways.
I think the argument here boils down to "just because it was done in history doesn't mean it should be done now." However, I don't think the US is keeping prisoners ala Deer Hunter.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-28 06:25:24)

Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

lowing wrote:

Can't have it both ways.
I think the argument here boils down to "just because it was done in history doesn't mean it should be done now." However, I don't think the US is keeping prisoners ala Deer Hunter.
Unfortunately we aren't.  The only thing that the prisoners and their leaders understand is force.  Using force is what drives them.  Look, they all want to die and be martyrs, lets give that to them. On our turf, on our terms, Gitmo should be cutting their heads off as our soldiers had their heads cut off.  They will understand that, and nothing else.

Last edited by Miller (2006-09-28 06:29:53)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Miller wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

Can't have it both ways.
Unfortunately we aren't.  The only thing that the prisoners and their leaders understand is force.  Using force is what drives them.  Look, they all want to die and be martyrs, lets give that to them. On our turf, on our terms, Gitmo should be cutting their heads off as our soldiers had their heads cut off.  They will understand that, and nothing else.
Sure, I'm pissed off about victims of terrorism, and internet-broadcast beheadings are irritating, to say the least. But I'd keep a cool head and make sure that someone properly guilty is executed, and not just some poor arab schmuck used to satisfy the more bloodthirsty of American audiences. Otherwise, what then would seperate the values of our government from those of Saddam's regime?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-28 06:41:56)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

usmarine2005 wrote:

Gitmo is a violation of human rights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_ … mo_ramadan

"Meals are offered before dawn and after sunset to accommodate their fasting during daylight hours."

Wow....I wonder what US troops in Japan POW camps think of this.  Oh wait, never mind, they were being experimented on with chemical weapons.
Lots of mistakes were made on both sides through the various wars. Yes the Jap POW camps were shocking. Yes dropping two atomic bombs on civilian targets was wrong.  Yes airmen were tortured in the nam......yes US troops wiped out whole villages of women and children in the nam. Most countries don't practice these atrocities anymore, we have moved on. Hence accommodating a prisoners religious practices. Bush and his Christian buddies are always hankering on about god etc, so its good to see they are respecting ppl's religion as religion seams to drive Bush's decisions.
Aenima_Eyes
+20|6644
Actually the firebombing we did in WW2 was MUCH worse than the 2 atomic bombs dropped on Japan.

I heard the other day that we got all this info out of one of the top guys we had at Gitmo with "torture".  I was interested and kept listening to find out what the "torture" was.  They stuck the guy in a cold room and blared Red Hot Chili Peppers music in......don't people pay good money to have that happen to them here in the United States?

Damn. . .may we burn in hell for eternity for our evil ways. /sarcasm
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6659|United States

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Actually the firebombing we did in WW2 was MUCH worse than the 2 atomic bombs dropped on Japan.

I heard the other day that we got all this info out of one of the top guys we had at Gitmo with "torture".  I was interested and kept listening to find out what the "torture" was.  They stuck the guy in a cold room and blared Red Hot Chili Peppers music in......don't people pay good money to have that happen to them here in the United States?

OMG, Red Hot Chili Peppers?  That is just barbaric.
SwampDog
+12|6463|Luton, England

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

OMG, Red Hot Chili Peppers?  That is just barbaric.
LMAO! Poor bastards, no one can take the Peppers! It`s worse than the Spanish Inquisition.
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
Exactly, by reciting what other countries did to our POWs has no bearing on how US prisons should act.  We are who we are because we didn't do such things..until now.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6543|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

yuckfou09 wrote:

gitmo=club med 

well compared to what the north vietnamese did to downed pilots in the nam.
Um, Gitmo = 2006
'Nam= 1960s

See the difference?  If I remember correctly, the US still segregated whites and blacks in that era so how can you compare the two?

Last edited by =OBS= EstebanRey (2006-09-28 10:49:34)

IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California

Aenima_Eyes wrote:

Do you mean the napalm firebombing we did in vietnam?  if so, that still didn't kill the hundreds of thousands instantly and eventually killed from the two atomic bombs in Japan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard