Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6541|Grand Rapids, MI
Can't you just smell the frustration?

And you thought it was a fart!

Customer 09/24/2006 07:34 PM
I am trying to enter the 2142 Veteran program, but I'm told that my BF2 account is already being used.

The name for my BF2 account is

<(OGG)>Shopvac

Can you confirm if this name is being used by someone for me? If it is, are they allowed to use it without my permission? Can I still enter the program if my account is being used by someone else?

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Thanks.
<(OGG)>Shopvac

Response (EA Daneshwar S) 09/24/2006 11:04 PM
Hi Shopvac,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

If you are not able to reserve a nickname or are getting errors such as 'The screen name you have entered already exists in our database' and/or 'Please correct the error and try again', there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of reserving a nickname. Make sure your nickname does not exceed 14 characters as this is the limit for the length of nicknames in Battlefield 2142. Do not include your clan tag in your reserved name (you can add this to your nickname once you are in the game) as this may push your nickname over the character limit.

If the web site is receiving high traffic, you may want to try again at a later time to ensure your request goes through. If you have tried your nickname at different times without success, your nickname may have already been reserved by another character. You can reserve a different nickname and you will still receive your Veteran Status even if you nickname does not match your Battlefield 2 nickname. Unfortunately, Support staff can not modify or remove Battlefield 2142 soldier names, so please make sure that the name you reserve is the name you wish to use.

Please, let us know if you have any more questions or troubles.

Thank you,

Daneshwar
EA Online Customer Support

Customer 09/25/2006 04:35 AM
I tried all of this. I was trying to use Shopvac_OGG

But my error message doesn't say that my 2142 name is being used, it says that my BF2 account is already used. Do you know what I mean? I can't use any 2142 name if my BF2 account is already being used by someone else. Is there any way around this?

Response (EA Deval S.) 09/25/2006 04:40 AM
Greetings Shopvac,

Thank you for writing back to EA.com account services.

If you are getting some error while using your nick name then we request you to please visit the given below link and simply follow the steps as mentioned over there and it will work fine:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=14044

If you have any further questions feel free to respond to this email for assistance.

Thank you,

Deval
EA Online Support.

Customer 09/25/2006 04:49 AM
Yes I am having further problems.

If someone would please just READ my messages.

MY BF2 ACCOUNT IS BEING USED BY SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME. I CAN NOT ENTER THE VETERAN PROGRAM IF I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO MY BF2 ACCOUNT . . . BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME IS USEING IT.

IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK? CAN I BE A MEMBER OF THE PROGRAM IF MY BF2 USER NAME IS BEING HIJACKED?

Thank you in advance for reading my message and answering my actual question.

Response (GM Kalag) 09/25/2006 02:54 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Battlefield 2 Game Support. Unfortunately, your BF2 name <(OGG)>Shopvac, cannot be accepted into the BF2142 Veteran Program. This is due to the special characters you have used. You can use a different name which has not already been reserved by other BF2 players. If you try a name which is already reserved, you will get the message that the nameis already being used. I can only suggest you keep trying different names you want until one is accepted. Let us know if you have other questions. Take care.

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer 09/25/2006 04:13 PM
I've tried to do what I've been told. I created a new character name in BF2, then I went to the web site and used it to enter the veteran's program.

+ - "Now I'm being told that my account has too many sub accounts." - +

Here is the cut and paste of the message I'm getting:

TOO MANY SUB ACCOUNTS EXIST FOR THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR SUPPORT SITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION (http://support.ea.com/)

I then followed the link to the support page to look into this error message, but there is nothing regarding it.

I'm starting to wonder why I'm even bothering with all of this . . . After all of the crap with the patches in BF2, if it weren't for the guys I get to talk to when I'm gaming I would never waste my money on such a lousy supported product. This is awful.

At this point, I have no idea if there is anything that can be done to resolve my nickname issues. If you can help me, great, if not . . . well that's about as much as I'm expecting at this point, so thanks anyways. I heard there's donuts in the break room, so enjoy. The coffee's on me.

Response (GM Wolf) 09/25/2006 09:03 PM
Hello Shopvac,

You can not currently use any Battlefield 2 name which is not already being used by you, these names are reserved for their current owners. At some time in the future these names will be released and any user will be able to use them. This means if your Battlefield 2 name is [EA]Spada, you may not be able to reserve the Battlefield 2142 name Spada as this may belong to someone already.

Battlefield 2142 Names must meet the following criteria.

· Name must consist of Alphanumeric

· Must begin with a alphabetic character

· Can not start with a number

· Must be greater then 4 characters but no more then 14

· 4th char cannot be -

· Can not have special characters in it, except underscores _ and dashs

· There are some reserved EA Support names which cannot be in a soldier name

· Names cannot begin with @, +, or #

· Cannot start with a space

· Cannot end with a space

· Cannot contain double spaces

Thank You,

EA Rep Wolf
Customer Support
Electronic Arts

Customer 09/26/2006 04:44 AM
Yup, I tried that. And thank you for including the nickname criteria and rules. I had already read them, and visited EA support on line. The nicknames I tried were Shop_vac / Shopvac_2142 / Shopvac_ / Shopvac- / I believe that these all fall within the nickname rules.

Unfortunately the latest answer, as well as several others I have received so far do not address the error messages that I'm receiving. The error message had nothing to do with the nickname I was trying to choose. It said . . . and I repeat . . .

TOO MANY SUB ACCOUNTS EXIST FOR THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR SUPPORT SITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION (http://support.ea.com/)

Now if someone could address that particular error message . . . or even if it could be added to the on line support, that might help. As things are going now, I seriously doubt it. Thanks for . . . well . . . nothing so far, but I feel like I should still try to be polite.

Sincerely yours,
Shopvac

Response (GM Petrucchio) 09/26/2006 10:21 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Battlefield 2 Game Support. Unfortunately, your BF2 name <(OGG)>Shopvac, cannot be accepted into the BF2142 Veteran Program. This is due to the special characters you have used. You can use a different name which has not already been reserved by other BF2 players. If you try a name which is already reserved, you will get the message that the nameis already being used. I can only suggest you keep trying different names you want until one is accepted. Let us know if you have other questions. Take care.

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

As of yesterday, 9/25/2006 I show that the name Shop_Vac has been reserved for BF2142 by you under the ea.com account name of ********. When you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will want to enter your ******** account name as well as the appropriate password in order to access thsi reserved name.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you for your support of EA games and good luck on the battlefield.

Sincerely,

EARepWalsh
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Last edited by Shopvac (2006-09-27 06:04:06)

Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

Shopvac wrote:

Can't you just smell the frustration?

And you thought it was a fart!

Customer 09/24/2006 07:34 PM
I am trying to enter the 2142 Veteran program, but I'm told that my BF2 account is already being used.

The name for my BF2 account is

<(OGG)>Shopvac

Can you confirm if this name is being used by someone for me? If it is, are they allowed to use it without my permission? Can I still enter the program if my account is being used by someone else?

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Thanks.
<(OGG)>Shopvac

Response (EA Daneshwar S) 09/24/2006 11:04 PM
Hi Shopvac,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

If you are not able to reserve a nickname or are getting errors such as 'The screen name you have entered already exists in our database' and/or 'Please correct the error and try again', there are a number of steps you can take to improve your chances of reserving a nickname. Make sure your nickname does not exceed 14 characters as this is the limit for the length of nicknames in Battlefield 2142. Do not include your clan tag in your reserved name (you can add this to your nickname once you are in the game) as this may push your nickname over the character limit.

If the web site is receiving high traffic, you may want to try again at a later time to ensure your request goes through. If you have tried your nickname at different times without success, your nickname may have already been reserved by another character. You can reserve a different nickname and you will still receive your Veteran Status even if you nickname does not match your Battlefield 2 nickname. Unfortunately, Support staff can not modify or remove Battlefield 2142 soldier names, so please make sure that the name you reserve is the name you wish to use.

Please, let us know if you have any more questions or troubles.

Thank you,

Daneshwar
EA Online Customer Support

Customer 09/25/2006 04:35 AM
I tried all of this. I was trying to use Shopvac_OGG

But my error message doesn't say that my 2142 name is being used, it says that my BF2 account is already used. Do you know what I mean? I can't use any 2142 name if my BF2 account is already being used by someone else. Is there any way around this?

Response (EA Deval S.) 09/25/2006 04:40 AM
Greetings Shopvac,

Thank you for writing back to EA.com account services.

If you are getting some error while using your nick name then we request you to please visit the given below link and simply follow the steps as mentioned over there and it will work fine:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=14044

If you have any further questions feel free to respond to this email for assistance.

Thank you,

Deval
EA Online Support.

Yes I am having further problems.

If someone would please just READ my messages.

MY BF2 ACCOUNT IS BEING USED BY SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME. I CAN NOT ENTER THE VETERAN PROGRAM IF I NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO MY BF2 ACCOUNT . . . BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME IS USEING IT.

IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY ACCOUNT BACK? CAN I BE A MEMBER OF THE PROGRAM IF MY BF2 USER NAME IS BEING HIJACKED?

Thank you in advance for reading my message and answering my actual question.

Response (GM Kalag) 09/25/2006 02:54 PM
Hello,

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer 09/25/2006 04:13 PM
I've tried to do what I've been told. I created a new character name in BF2, then I went to the web site and used it to enter the veteran's program.

+ - "Now I'm being told that my account has too many sub accounts." - +

Here is the cut and paste of the message I'm getting:

I then followed the link to the support page to look into this error message, but there is nothing regarding it.

I'm starting to wonder why I'm even bothering with all of this . . . After all of the crap with the patches in BF2, if it weren't for the guys I get to talk to when I'm gaming I would never waste my money on such a lousy supported product. This is awful.

At this point, I have no idea if there is anything that can be done to resolve my nickname issues. If you can help me, great, if not . . . well that's about as much as I'm expecting at this point, so thanks anyways. I heard there's donuts in the break room, so enjoy. The coffee's on me.

Response (GM Wolf) 09/25/2006 09:03 PM
Hello Shopvac,

You can not currently use any Battlefield 2 name which is not already being used by you, these names are reserved for their current owners. At some time in the future these names will be released and any user will be able to use them. This means if your Battlefield 2 name is [EA]Spada, you may not be able to reserve the Battlefield 2142 name Spada as this may belong to someone already.

Battlefield 2142 Names must meet the following criteria.

· Name must consist of Alphanumeric

· Must begin with a alphabetic character

· Can not start with a number

· Must be greater then 4 characters but no more then 14

· 4th char cannot be -

· Can not have special characters in it, except underscores _ and dashs

· There are some reserved EA Support names which cannot be in a soldier name

· Names cannot begin with @, +, or #

· Cannot start with a space

· Cannot end with a space

· Cannot contain double spaces

Thank You,

EA Rep Wolf
Customer Support
Electronic Arts

Customer 09/26/2006 04:44 AM
Yup, I tried that. And thank you for including the nickname criteria and rules. I had already read them, and visited EA support on line. The nicknames I tried were Shop_vac / Shopvac_2142 / Shopvac_ / Shopvac- / I believe that these all fall within the nickname rules.

Unfortunately the latest answer, as well as several others I have received so far do not address the error messages that I'm receiving. The error message had nothing to do with the nickname I was trying to choose. It said . . . and I repeat . . .

Now if someone could address that particular error message . . . or even if it could be added to the on line support, that might help. As things are going now, I seriously doubt it. Thanks for . . . well . . . nothing so far, but I feel like I should still try to be polite.

Sincerely yours,
Shopvac

Response (GM Petrucchio) 09/26/2006 10:21 AM
Hello,

Regards,

EA Rep Kalag
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

As of yesterday, 9/25/2006 I show that the name Shop_Vac has been reserved for BF2142 by you under the ea.com account name of ********. When you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will want to enter your ******** account name as well as the appropriate password in order to access thsi reserved name.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you for your support of EA games and good luck on the battlefield.

Sincerely,

EARepWalsh
Player Relations
Electronic Arts
oh yea im definitley gonna read all of that
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6628|The Netherlands
my friend has the same prob whit the name he is called 00smeris[NL] so he also cant reserve irts name

Last edited by Niekjejeje (2006-09-27 06:34:10)

hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6765|mansfield
yes its such a cafuffle !!
arnica
+18|6681|Sydney
Well if you cant get that name .. create another one ... why boil over something that's beyond your control? No offense to you ....
47man
+46|6425|Cali

Masterstyle wrote:

Thanks for quoting the largest post possible and all the while making your own post completely useless.

To postmaker it is only like 30 points to the first rank so not recieving the vet rank wont damage you that much. I do understand that it can be frustrating, but EA probably recieves quite a few e-mails, support and hate, everyday. They probably can not personally respond to every e-mail and still keep everybody bitching for nerfs happy. Automated responses are made to answer majority of the questions regarding that topic, it is inevitable that you will get a few atuomated responses when you deal with a large company.
Master*
Banned
+416|6496|United States

47man wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

Thanks for quoting the largest post possible and all the while making your own post completely useless.

To postmaker it is only like 30 points to the first rank so not recieving the vet rank wont damage you that much. I do understand that it can be frustrating, but EA probably recieves quite a few e-mails, support and hate, everyday. They probably can not personally respond to every e-mail and still keep everybody bitching for nerfs happy. Automated responses are made to answer majority of the questions regarding that topic, it is inevitable that you will get a few atuomated responses when you deal with a large company.
lol
Shopvac
If it doesn't say shop-vac keep shopping!
+25|6541|Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks 47 man. Yeah I knew it wouldn't be worth my while if I kept at it, but I just thought their futility was worth a laugh.  Their support is awful. I mean how can you have an error message that sends you to the FAQ page and not have support for it? It's just stupid, and it exemplifies the thought they put into just about everything they do. I meant what I said about only playing because of my clan mates, but I was just kidding about the donuts in the break room.
KevMunro
Bring a Towel
+8|6432|Brisbane
If I was EA Support, I would have given customers a fake number a long time ago.
All the n00bism.
joemah
+6|6743
2142 Ftl!
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547

Shopvac wrote:

When you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will want to enter your ******** account name as well as the appropriate password in order to access thsi reserved name.
You need to enter your EA account name in order to get your reserved name? The only reason I even made an EA account was to reserve a nick and then I forgot the name and password. LOL, what bullshit.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Shopvac wrote:

When you log in to Battlefield 2142 you will want to enter your ******** account name as well as the appropriate password in order to access thsi reserved name.
You need to enter your EA account name in order to get your reserved name? The only reason I even made an EA account was to reserve a nick and then I forgot the name and password. LOL, what bullshit.
Ya, me too

Fuck 2142..
MochaBayGuy
+3|6486|Fort Collins CO
And I thought dealing with the "real Army" admin types was bad --

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard