stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

We pulled out of there after '93. Dont expect us to do anything anymore.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

North Africa is a wasteland.  It needs to be walled off from the rest of the world.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6570|Florida
lets build a Great Wall of Africa, similar to the Great Wall of China.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6757|Toronto Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

North Africa is a wasteland.  It needs to be walled off from the rest of the world.
there's the completely ignorant response i expected from you.

ok, well i know al-quaeda is supplying the people with food and supplies, recruiting for their cause. not good. but i seriously doubt that the us will venture into africa again. they just don't care. ie Sudan.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Yawn
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
It's not North Africa. It's East Africa.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6757|Dallas
Maybe we should dump all of our prisoners off in Africa.  It worked pretty good for Australia.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6754

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Have you ever been there?  I have.  A few times.  Cutting off babies heads, putting them in bags, then showing the bags full of kids heads to the mothers in the village is how they behave.  You can't repair that.  That is a lost civilization.

And fuck you for calling me ignorant.  All you know about it is from what you read in the news......that is ignorant.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-09-25 18:35:21)

AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA
Yes and I wonder who has been featured in the news lately is responsible for the precedent but not neccessarily the current, although you could swing it that way........

HMmmmmmm.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6757|Toronto Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Have you ever been there?  I have.  A few times.  Cutting off babies heads, putting them in bags, then showing the bags full of kids heads to the mothers in the village is how they behave.  You can't repair that.  That is a lost civilization.

And fuck you for calling me ignorant.  All you know about it is from what you read in the news......that is ignorant.
i eat baby heads.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

i eat baby heads.
I don't even need to say anything.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6757|Toronto Canada
haha. yessss. frankly i didnt want to get into some huge debate. i have better things to do.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA

kessel! wrote:

haha. yessss. frankly i didnt want to get into some huge debate. i have better things to do.
Ok, Goodbye.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553
You know what I find funny about the people saying to just ignore it?

1)  The US is willing to go to war against a government in what is (supposedly) an effort to stop terrorism, yet they won't help a government who actually asks for help

2)  All of Africa's problems are due to the West.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6748|United States of America

Bubbalo wrote:

1)  The US is willing to go to war against a government in what is (supposedly) an effort to stop terrorism, yet they won't help a government who actually asks for help

Africa's problem is itself.  We give them money to start developing, they go spend it on whatever they feel like.  We also, will not be willing to help because, we take all the bull shit you throw at us and never get anything good.  If we go in, the first casualty will be publicized, then, It's for the wrong reasons, those were fake documents sent from Somalia blah blah blah. Fuck you all who want help, we've tried we've "failed" and now you can stop asking for any help.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA

Bubbalo wrote:

NUMBER TWO REASON NOW, how the *@#&*(@ is it the wests fault, you've got to be kidding me man, I never expected THIS much out of you.

Yeah the US is willing to go to war, guess what the UN WON'T HELP A GOVERNMENT THAT ACTUALLY NEEDS HELP EITHER, wheres the criticisim for THEM HUH!!!! WHERE IS IT, so quick to just blame the U.S. and no one else.
Doc-DeAtH
+2|6491|Luton (UK)
No oil in Somalia :[
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6553

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

NUMBER TWO REASON NOW, how the *@#&*(@ is it the wests fault, you've got to be kidding me man, I never expected THIS much out of you.
Your history class kinda skipped the whole colonialism phase, didn't it?

rdx-fx wrote:

In summary, parts of Africa (i.e., Somalia) are so far gone that NO amount of military force will solve anything.  Would be like a bandaid on a terminal cancer patient.
Indeed, it would, given that band-aids have no effect on cancer, it fits nicely with the military's record for solving problems.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA

Bubbalo wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

In summary, parts of Africa (i.e., Somalia) are so far gone that NO amount of military force will solve anything.  Would be like a bandaid on a terminal cancer patient.
Indeed, it would, given that band-aids have no effect on cancer, it fits nicely with the military's record for solving problems.
Argh, I didn't mean that dude, I mean currently, you think Colonialism has PERMANETLY set back Africa beyond repair?????? I think not.  Yeah somalia is lost, and you know why, Because we didn't finish the job and the U.N. is immensely impotent.  Maybe if the U.N. had some balls Darfur, Somalia, other parts of the Sudan as well would be GONE (the problems).  But nope, its all the U.S. its all the West.  Blame the British if you want, but talk current.  Africa could be restored if the U.N. did what it was fucking created for.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6684|Calgary

usmarine2005 wrote:

kessel! wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

How about we send over a couple of nukes?
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I'm a fairly liberal person.  I understand that they want help.  Somalia is a fucking death trap, money pit.  It's a wild west version of Iraq.  everyone has an AK, everyone is high on the local hallucinogenic, instead of sunni vs. shi'a it's family vs. family.  The country is filled with HIV and god knows what else.  No food, no resources.  Just millions of people with nothing to lose.  North Africa is a completely lost cause.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6827|Kubra, Damn it!

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Argh, I didn't mean that dude, I mean currently, you think Colonialism has PERMANETLY set back Africa beyond repair?????? I think not.  Yeah somalia is lost, and you know why, Because we didn't finish the job and the U.N. is immensely impotent.  Maybe if the U.N. had some balls Darfur, Somalia, other parts of the Sudan as well would be GONE (the problems).  But nope, its all the U.S. its all the West.  Blame the British if you want, but talk current.  Africa could be restored if the U.N. did what it was fucking created for.
Good call, Albert. Let's look at all the other places England colonized and see what's going on there. Hong Kong: thriving, modern city. India: currently a developing country but on the fast track to being a major world power. Singapore: taking the place of Switzerland as the new financial capital. Malaysia: an excellent example of a peaceful, moderate, muslim country. Don't forget Canada, the US, Jamaica, the Bahamas and Australia. The list goes on. The west, as it was called above (say white people if you mean that since Africa is just as far west as most of Europe), may not have helped their problems, but I don't think you can really say we caused their problems.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6636|Seattle, WA

chittydog wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

AlbertWesker[RE] wrote:

Good call, Albert. Let's look at all the other places England colonized and see what's going on there. Hong Kong: thriving, modern city. India: currently a developing country but on the fast track to being a major world power. Singapore: taking the place of Switzerland as the new financial capital. Malaysia: an excellent example of a peaceful, moderate, muslim country. Don't forget Canada, the US, Jamaica, the Bahamas and Australia. The list goes on. The west, as it was called above (say white people if you mean that since Africa is just as far west as most of Europe), may not have helped their problems, but I don't think you can really say we caused their problems.
QFT
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6833|Cologne, Germany

dx-fx wrote:

Sadly, Africa is not going to get fixed anytime soon.
It would require a strong foreign military presence there for at least 20 to 40 years.
There's not a nation on the planet that has the stomach for that right now.
Much of the current african population knows only warfare and violence - it'd take 20 to 40 years of enforced peace, to raise a generation that can understand peace.

Best description of Somalia I've ever heard, "Somalia: A country where everything that can be accomplished with a rifle, has been accomplished"

If you want to accomplish anything in Africa, you first have to contend with the fact that to many males there, their AK-47 is the sum total meaning of manhood.
Second major detail; their only source of recreation seems to be sex.  Great - spread some more AIDS, and produce more mouths that you can't feed.  Brilliant.
Third detail; There is next to no major industrial foundation there.  The only real major economic activity is controlled by warlords and thugs. (Diamond trade, gun running, drugs, etc).

UN isn't going to fix Africa.  UN, as a whole, lacks the strength of will to enforce enough peace in the region to allow civilization to take root again there.

Take a look at a map of africa;
http://www.geographicguide.com/africa-map.htm
Ask the questions;
Why aren't any of the North-African nations helping out?
Why aren't any of the neighbors to the east helping out?

Here's African mentality for you;
When the U.S. Army has generators powering water filtration systems, they have to post armed guards around the generators - otherwise the population will strip the metal from the generators to sell for scrap.
Let me reiterate that point one more time.
The indiginous population will tear apart the generators that are providing them with clean water, electricity, and power to the field hospitals - to sell for scrap at the rate of $1 per 1000 pounds of copper wiring.  If they have to try to kill the guards around the generators, they will.

I've been to Africa, and I've been to the Middle East.
Send me back to the Middle East, if I have to pick between the two.  Middle East has culture, has hope for the future, has a civilization, has industry, has pride in themselves.
F*** Africa.  Too many of their countries have nothing but a 'Culture of Death'.  Quarantine the continent, until they decide they want to rejoin humanity.
QFE.
It's just like the situation in iraq. Just as you cannot force democracy upon people there, you cannot force africans to realize what's best for their continent through outside force. They have to come to that conclusion themselves, it has to come from within them, or it won't be successful.
All the money from the UN won't change that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard