IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6733|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
A new opinion poll by the US Dept. of Defense shows that 75% of Iraq's 5 million Sunni Muslims now support the armed insurgency compared to 14% in the first poll commissioned in 2003. 6,600 people died violent deaths in Baghdad July/August (13% increase on the previous 2 months) - and most bodies recovered now show indications of torture.   What are the ramifications of this for GWB?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5371394.stm

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2006-09-25 09:19:26)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

IG-Calibre wrote:

6,600 people died in Baghdad July/August 13% increase on the previous 2 months - and most bodies recovered now show indications of torture.   What are the ramifications of this for GWB?

He will have to remove the corpses in order to dig for oil?
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6646|United States of America
I bet the 6,600 people that got killed didn't support the insurgency.  Are you suggesting that all the people getting blown up by these ass puppets support them???? 

I would like to see how that poll was worded and what it was really about.  Last I knew the Insurgents were attacking civilian Markets and such, so why would civilians support that???
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6635|United States - Illinois
Blame the insurgency for this problem.  They are the ones killing people.  If we pulled out now they'd bitch about the insurgency.  If we stay they bitch about the U.S.  Get a grip iraq.

If they insurgency stopped attacking we'd leave.  But hey won't stop attacking because we are there.  It's a vicious circle.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6722|Peoria, Illinois

IG-Calibre wrote:

A new opinion poll by the US Dept. of Defense shows that 75% of Iraq's 5 million Sunni Muslims now support the armed insurgency compared to 14% in the first poll commissioned in 2003. 6,600 people died in Baghdad July/August 13% increase on the previous 2 months - and most bodies recovered now show indications of torture.   What are the ramifications of this for GWB?

He won't win the next election? OMG torture by Saddam's own political party in Iraq? Nah can't be. I can imagine there's be torture in China too if the civilians wanted a Democracy.
Jepeto87
+38|6676|Dublin

Major_Spittle wrote:

I bet the 6,600 people that got killed didn't support the insurgency.  Are you suggesting that all the people getting blown up by these ass puppets support them???? 

I would like to see how that poll was worded and what it was really about.  Last I knew the Insurgents were attacking civilian Markets and such, so why would civilians support that???
Why would the US Department of defense word the survey in such a way in that it showed people not supporting them and the Iraqi goverment? If any thing they'd do the complete opposite!

The poll has was with Sunni Iraqi's, if you understood this I think this whole thing would make more sense to you!
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6733|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Major_Spittle wrote:

i'm not suggesting anything i'm just stating the facts presented in the Simpson piece..
T0rr3nt
+54|6568|Michigan
they lost my support as soon as they went to iraq.
Jepeto87
+38|6676|Dublin
Eh who? Is'nt this about Iraqi's! You dont support Iraqi's since they went to Iraq, man you can hold a grudge that was thousands of years ago!!
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6672|Dayton, Ohio
I would bet that the poll was whether or not the people considered themselves affiliated with one group or another.  With the increase in sectarian violence civilians are pushed to align with one of the groups for protection.  So now instead of "I am an Iraqi first" we have "I am a Shite or Sunni or other sect because they promise to either A: do harm to me if I don't or B: protect me." 

I can't posibly believe that 75% support torure and blowing up markets.  But I bet that was not the way the question was presented.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6731
Fucking lol they are supporting the people blowing them up.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

I would bet that the poll was whether or not the people considered themselves affiliated with one group or another.  With the increase in sectarian violence civilians are pushed to align with one of the groups for protection.  So now instead of "I am an Iraqi first" we have "I am a Shite or Sunni or other sect because they promise to either A: do harm to me if I don't or B: protect me." 

I can't posibly believe that 75% support torure and blowing up markets.  But I bet that was not the way the question was presented.
It's their fucking problem, not GWB's.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Tell those fucking idiots to stop killing each other and act like a civilized human race, and maybe, just maybe most of them can stop wiping their asses with their hands and actually have a bathroom.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command
I haven't seen enough heart to know if they have any minds.
Jepeto87
+38|6676|Dublin

sergeriver wrote:

Of course he is some way responsible! They shouldn have disbanded the police and army after the invasion, that way you could have kept the peace until you found a peaceful way for these two groups to live side by side. If there's that much violence a month id imagine lots of people would support terrorists as most people would probably know some one who was killed, an eye for an eye mentality.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

ATG wrote:

I haven't seen enough heart to know if they have any minds.
You could twist your answer to fit other people.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6748|Argentina

Jepeto87 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Of course he is some way responsible! They shouldn have disbanded the police and army after the invasion, that way you could have kept the peace until you found a peaceful way for these two groups to live side by side. If there's that much violence a month id imagine lots of people would support terrorists as most people would probably know some one who was killed, an eye for an eye mentality.
Of course he's responsible.  It was not his fucking problem since the beginning, and now you can see the consequences of getting into other country's problems.  He shouldn't have invaded Iraq.

IG-Calibre wrote:

A new opinion poll by the US Dept. of Defense shows that 75% of Iraq's 5 million Sunni Muslims now support the armed insurgency
All you really had to say was Sunni. Sadaam is a Sunni and they are the minotiry in Iraq. Of course they are going to be displeased that ousting the Baathist's and emplacing a democracy will give the Shi'ites the power. Before Sadaam took power the Sunni's and Shi'ites clashed removing Sadaam was like tearing off the band aid. Honestly i'm scepticle about them ever being 15% supportive.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard