n0sX
+71|6480
About 25% of the time my TV missile will go straight through the enermy chopper, im just wondering which is the best part to tv it so it actually blows up. And also since patch 1.4 i noticed sometimes ill hit a chopper and the tv misslile will blow up on the chopper and the chopper will be still alive? Any 1 else had this (and the choppers are not out of range when this happens).
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6731|Alaska
right in the middle, try that
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6653|UK
https://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/cobrahit1.jpg

Thats on secretsofbattlefield but i'd say that when tv'ing a chopper your best to hit the tail... or anywhere
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6609|U.S.A
Even though its tougher to hit, try the tail.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6548

Leprechaun56 wrote:

its not tougher to hit, its the easiest to hit...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6800|Noizyland

Just hit the fucker, a TV will take out anything in one hit.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6616|Your attic
If your hitting a chopper side (when it's moving) on I try to aim for the tail.

If it's hovering side on straight in the middle

If it's coming towards you slightly below the cockpit.

Hope that helps.
XxUNDEROATHxX
=(1C4L)=underOATH
+52|6682|Chandler, AZ
Aim for the tail in the back, as it has larger hit boxes and is usually always a hit...

When you aim for the middle, or teh cockpiyt area, you usually end up misisng because it goes right through... Another good place to hit a chopper is the belly, as the hitboxes there are wide...
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6597

Towelly wrote:

If your hitting a chopper side (when it's moving) on I try to aim for the tail.

If it's hovering side on straight in the middle

If it's coming towards you slightly below the cockpit.

Hope that helps.
Indeed, try and avoid the cockpit. Not saying don't go for it, but I find that it "goes through" more often with the cockpit.
AchangelTyreal
360 owns my soul
+31|6534|Behind You
I always go for the tail of the cobra and the middle fo the mi-28, anyone else noticed how whenever your tv goes through an enemy helo it's usually a cobra?
Phrozenbot
+632|6641|do not disturb

Hit from above.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6652|Los Angeles, California, US.
I fly more than I gun, But arent you supposed to Aim for the Tail, For (I think it is) Possibly Compensation?
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Leprechaun56
Proud Infantry Whore
+31|6609|U.S.A

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

Leprechaun56 wrote:

its not tougher to hit, its the easiest to hit...
really? i seem to miss it alot, but when i hit it ,it always explodes.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6616|Your attic

DaReJa wrote:

I fly more than I gun, But arent you supposed to Aim for the Tail, For (I think it is) Possibly Compensation?
I know I've heard something about a 1 second delay in the TV missiles, although I'm not sure how that one works.

Maybe what you are seeing is behind the missile, so if you aim for the tail the missile is actually going for the center? Just a theory, another being that the hotboxes are just mucked up, seems more likely I guess.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6512|Melbourne

I aim for the tail and it mearly bounces off it and keeps going, we even tested it (1.4) and it just hits it and bounces off, i found that the Side is the best spot to hit imo.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6588|British Columbia, Canada
The Side/Tail or the Top if your above the Heli
starkingdoms
+6|6797
tail for me...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6546|Austin, Texas
Tail, Tail, Tail, Tail.

Today I had two TV missiles go directly through the side of a cobra. I mean DEAD center. I was so pissed that I nearly crashed.

Aim for the tail.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6656|Washington, DC

When will DICE make it so TV's don't go through choppers without leaving even a small scratch?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6546|Austin, Texas

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

When will DICE make it so TV's don't go through choppers without leaving even a small scratch?
I don't know, but they nearly cost me a piece of crap keyboard, a doctors bill for my foot, and a hole through my desk.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6745|California

Ram him.
whitelightning125
+0|6450
The best place I have found is just under the rotors where the rotor attaches to the frame of the copter.  Works like a charm everytime!
slicknic
+145|6651
aye.. hitboxes are very fubard... and depending on the direction and speed the enemy chopperis going.. depends on where you want to hit.

you will want to almost always go for tail..
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6494
The missile seems to go through the tail, aim for any other area and if you hit, that's a dead chopper.
slicknic
+145|6651

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

The missile seems to go through the tail, aim for any other area and if you hit, that's a dead chopper.
please ignore that guy... even with 5 hours in the chopper.. i dont think he quite knows what hes talking about...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard