Fujin
+18|6567

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

I have to Agree that IO lacks some of the excitement and satisfaction of ground pounding.  I was playing Jallalabad the other day on a normal server and was defending the Mosque.  The enemy had us pinned down with 3 tanks sitting outside the wall on the main road.  I snuk behind them and got to the TOW at the entrance to the Mosque area.  3 tank kills, 1 humvee full and 1 FAV latter: I was having a great time and was trully satisfied that my ground pounding ass wiped out their entire armor whoring team.  That is satisfaction you just can't get in IO.
Too right there!

I am predominently a ground pounder.  Occasionally I'll get in a vehicle or tank but mostly just to get somewhere and then get back on the ground.  I like IO...it has been a nice change of pace, all with it's own type of challenge.  Regular BF2 (with vehicles) is yet another kind of challenge that gives another facet of the game that I or anyone can enjoy.  I don't really have any preference other than what I feel like playing at the moment.
Disodium
+13|6535|Sydney
I enjoy IO but umm its alittle quiet without having to worry about choppers, planes, armour and jeeps..
I still find my self eyeing the sky now and then when capping flags because.. well to be honest you need to use alot more evasive tactics in Normal BF2 then in IO mode.
As per skill level, yes you do need to be more skilled at ground pounding but your skill for evading vehicles is taxed.

Different modes of play fit different tastes.
I like both and do NOT feel you need to be any more skilled to play either.
People that call other people noobs for not having the same tastes of game play as them are very narrow minded people and could infact be called the noobs them selfs for not having some variety.
doneyone
+30|6577|Holland Hardcore
Yeah well weighing all the pro's en con's I think IO is a very welcome addition to bf2. Me, i hate the vehicles so i can play IO, other people like them so they can play regular. Let's stop calling eachother n00bs for playing IO or not.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6499|Communist Republic of CA, USA

Towelly wrote:

I know a lot of people hate karkand, but on IO, it's actually a really great map to play, no tanks spawn camping any alleyways, and if you play on the right servers you get a bit of teamwork going and you can have a really good game with a form of the game that requires a whole heap of skill to do well in. Mashtuur doesn't feel all to differnet, sharqui is nice when you don't have a Mi-28 raining down molten death on you, and Gulf of Oman 16p is nice to play as well.
Thing is, once you step out of Karkand, Wake, and Jalalabad, you find that the players playing the less frequented maps are often much better (not in skill, in the sense of maturity and honor) then anyone else.  I've been playing Dragon Valley lately, and I've seen coordinated Sea Air Land attacks from random people who've never played before arise.  I've also been getting a hell of a lot more points fighting in Armor Battles then I ever did playing Medic on Karkand.  That's where you say I'm an Armor Whore and a noob infantryman, and I'll say fine, I like tanks, and I don't belong in the top 10 of Infantry.  But the community outside of the "Point Maps" is often a lot better than 12 year olds.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6757|Houston, TX
IO is fun. If people start spamming nades I start spamming revives. Though not often. In IO I just run to the hills and snipe or start a squad and cap. I still love vehicles though.
Stormavik
+0|6550

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

I have to Agree that IO lacks some of the excitement and satisfaction of ground pounding.  I was playing Jallalabad the other day on a normal server and was defending the Mosque.  The enemy had us pinned down with 3 tanks sitting outside the wall on the main road.  I snuk behind them and got to the TOW at the entrance to the Mosque area.  3 tank kills, 1 humvee full and 1 FAV latter: I was having a great time and was trully satisfied that my ground pounding ass wiped out their entire armor whoring team.  That is satisfaction you just can't get in IO.
Agreed...best feeling in the game is killing a tank...I love playing infantry and when I first heard they were coming out with IO I thought "great"...after playing it once though I was totally disappointed...just plain boring. And I especially can't understand why almost every RtJ server is an IO server...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard