Yes, from time to time27%27% - 31
Yes, but rarely20%20% - 23
No, but I've tried19%19% - 22
No, never tried26%26% - 29
Total: 111
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland
Just wondering how many people on this forum play the wonderful (IMO) game of golf.

I myself am only 16 years old but I'm pretty crap tbh. I play on average once a week, but my putter got owned by a tree and now it's bent. (Long Story)

lol, I'm also consistently losing golf balls. One time, I saw the golf ball land on the fairway so I put my club back in it's bag and walked towards it. WTF there's nothing here. Man, frustrating to say the least.

I've also had the pleasantry of striking a bird with my ball. My god what a sweet shot, with a 5 iron!

Post your stories and/or comments....
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6730|San Antonio, Texas
I play about one to two times a month.
mp30
Cynicism is an art, right?
+13|6701|It Rarely Rains in Seattle
I've been playing for just over four years, I'm 19, have gotten down to a 3.6 handicap thus far. However, I have met a challenge. I just tore the mcl ( a ligament in the knee), the meniscus ( cartilage in the knee), and dislocated my knee cap. So I'll be hanging up the sticks for a few months unfortunately, the doctors and physical therapists won't even let me chip around with a club. I love the game as well, obviously. And I must congratulate you on your "birdie".

I've hit the top of a bathroom with my drive that was at the time occupied by some 70 year old women during a school match, kind of embarrassing. I doubt she enjoyed it either. Another time, another player on my team hit his shot, and had the head of his iron fly off of the shaft towards a pond just in front of him...he saved the iron though.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6744|Nova Scotia, Canada

I just finished playing 2 rounds the other day, wasn't bad. I haven't golfed in a while due to work, but I love the game.

A funny story, here's one.

So it's the 7th hole, and I hadn't hit a good drive yet, they all either went in the woods or something crappy like that happened. I step up to the tee box, and crack the ball. Zooom....nicest shot I've ever hit probably, I could just see it take off down the fairway straight as an arrow, and then what? About 100 yards down, it hits a powerline and drop straight to the ground. There I stand dumbfounded. I read the scorecard and it says that "balls striking power lines may be re-hit with no penalty" So I put another ball on the tee, all pumped up from such a good shot and at the same time pissed at how my best shot ever was ruined by a power line, and hit the ball. *Whoosh*.........*Splash* .....in the drink. There goes that club.
Master*
Banned
+416|6464|United States
mini golf in gym class
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6668

I do loves me a good round of golf.
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6413|Austria - Graz
I visited several golf courses years ago and had some equipment, but since I got my pc (and i got it quite late) i stopped playing it.

Was a very nice sport!
mp30
Cynicism is an art, right?
+13|6701|It Rarely Rains in Seattle

Prodie wrote:

I just finished playing 2 rounds the other day, wasn't bad. I haven't golfed in a while due to work, but I love the game.

A funny story, here's one.

So it's the 7th hole, and I hadn't hit a good drive yet, they all either went in the woods or something crappy like that happened. I step up to the tee box, and crack the ball. Zooom....nicest shot I've ever hit probably, I could just see it take off down the fairway straight as an arrow, and then what? About 100 yards down, it hits a powerline and drop straight to the ground. There I stand dumbfounded. I read the scorecard and it says that "balls striking power lines may be re-hit with no penalty" So I put another ball on the tee, all pumped up from such a good shot and at the same time pissed at how my best shot ever was ruined by a power line, and hit the ball. *Whoosh*.........*Splash* .....in the drink. There goes that club.
I've done the same thing, almost. But, I hit the wire twice with perfect drives, and then they bounce off the wire into the woods, two lost balls, two wasted drives...fucking wires.
herrr_smity
+156|6598|space command ur anus
no but i want a golf gti
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440
i enjoy a good round of gulf of oman every once in a while.

golf is only fun if u have a motorcart.  minigolf is better.
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6440|New York
If you mean going to the local driving range drunk then yes, all the time.  But if you mean actually going to a course and playing a real game, then no.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
where is the choice: no its gay go fuck ur self lol..........j/k
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6593|Camp XRay

when i am not here or at work i am usually playing. been playing since i was about 9(i am 25 now) and i play to about  a 1 or 2.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6665|Mountains of West Virginia
I go about twice a month. I get all hyped up to play, go out and do it, then suck and get pissed. Then in about three weeks, I get hyped agian. Rinse and Repeat
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6500|Boston, MA
I've only gone to driving ranges/mini putt. My favorite story was the first time I went with my brother. I don't know how but he managed to hit the golf ball between his legs and straight backwards. He hit some old guy in the knee like 4 booths down. He just kinda looked up and was like "eh?" and laughed. When we got back to the car, my brother said it would've been hilarious if the guy fell and was like "aww, I just had surgery on that knee!"
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6736|Arizona
My brother did some lessons a few years ago...have a nice Par3 course out here he use to drag me to.  I just kill time playin this nowadays when I need a BF2 break. 
http://www.albatross18.com/season2/
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6668

0ktane wrote:

http://www.albatross18.com/season2/
The hell is this?
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
Whenever there's a fair weather weekend, I try to go out and play a round with some close buddies.
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6452
used to go a couple of times a month when i was younger but now not really its kinda ...boring

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-09-19 19:46:38)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6450|Purdue
I play golf during the spring for school..I suck but meh, I'm gettin better. I gotta play 1 sport every season
Kanye North
randy
+80|6435
I was at the driving range, and i was holding onto the grip loosely like suppose to, swung, guess my grip was to loose, flew up in the air, and hit some guy pretty embarrassing :]
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland

Kanye North wrote:

I was at the driving range, and i was holding onto the grip loosely like suppose to, swung, guess my grip was to loose, flew up in the air, and hit some guy pretty embarrassing :]
lol, I once hit the little golf-ball-picker-uper. don't even know what it's called.

Anyway, I hit it twice in a row and the guy was totally confounded as to who it was, I just acted normally but I was pmsl inside.

The funniest thing about that is to see that guy shit himself as it smacks off of it.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6589|Cork, Ireland
Yeah, I like to play golf

Here's a funny story: One day I was out playing with some friends and one of them was about to tee off. The thing was that there was a tree just left of the tee-box.  Anyway, he hit the ball, it hit the tree and ended up behind him. All of us laughed at him for the rest of the round
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6624|Westminster, Colorado
I played about once a week in college at a local cheap course.  I now get out maybe once or twice a month (work).  I love my Wilson Pro Staff irons.  Just got a new TaylorMade r5 driver and have yet to zero it in.  I am a fairly consistent ball striker now, but still struggle on the greens.  I went to the cross hand grip on the club when putting and it seems to help me with my putting speed.

I used to hate golfing, but now I find it exciting.

60 degree lob wedge FTW!
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

I play, just not very well.  I could probably cut my strokes in half if I played my divet rather than my ball. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard