~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6537|Internetfitlerland

Here are the Ranks, Medals, Badges, Ribbons, Pins, Unlocks, Maps, Weapons and Vehicles that will/can be seen in BF2142.

Ranks | Badges | Medals | Ribbons | Pins | Unlocks | Maps | Vehicles | Weapons

Sources = http://www.battlefield-game.com and http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com

******Updated******

If something is incorrect, please PM me and it will be fixed.

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2006-10-28 21:54:04)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6580|Melbourne, Australia.
+1, awesome!

Alot of the badges/ribbons/medals are the same as BF2

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2006-09-15 02:36:12)

glopje_nl
+21|6669|HOLLAND
good find  and i like the ranks and the medals look very cool
+1 for u
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Solid, Stickied.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6626|The Netherlands
Thay Look Nice
nieker
but too baad whit the ribbons thay chanced it in bf2 and now thay do olmost the same requirements
nieker
some things let a little voice in my mind say ''also here comes knivepistol only servers''
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6501|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Nice and Shiny

+1
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Niekjejeje, let me introduce you to a little pal next to the 'quote' button. It's called the edit button. Use it if you wish to add something instead of creating more posts.

Knife/Pistol only servers probably won't exist, at least not ranked. The statistic system keeps track of unique dogtags, if you have heaps of dogtags but only a few unique ones, you will be put under scrutiny. Plus there's the added fact that people won't necessarily be willing to sacrifice their dogtags to other players.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6462|Tyne & Wear, England
I'm not sure im going to like this game, the ranks just look, dare i say...corny.  There seems to be just too many of them aswell.  I'm not a big fan of futuristic games anyway, but I hope i can enjoy it because i think it's gunna be huge.  Good find none the less.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
doneyone
+30|6554|Holland Hardcore
Is it true it comes out 17th october?? cauz that's my birthday!!! good idea for a present..
ToiletTrooper
+25|6774|WC
Hmm thats nice
dstock9
+13|6604
Thanks, I read through the whole thing.

Few comments:
I think they learned their lesson on a few of the badges. Examples:
1) Armor Expert 50 hours. Maybe it's a little light now, but at least it isn't 400.
2) Expert Engineer Excellence: 15 repair points. Doable in a game and you still might be able to do something else. I'm not looking forward to the expert in BF2 when I get the time.
3) Gold Air Defense: 30 kills, 20 was pretty easy in the Linebacker on Daqing...
4) Gold Collectors: Added an IAR requirement. Thank you! No noobs more noobs spawning after a patch and getting their expert knife.
5) I thought the requirements for the army-specific medals were rather high, then I realized there are only 2. 300 wins probably isn't that much when it comes down to it.

Questions:
1) Medic Excellence Silver/Gold: Hours with hub? Is that deployed or in your hands? I'm going to laugh if I find people hiding on the maps somewhere with a medic hub out.
2) The pins all look pretty reasonable, except for the "Close Combat" one. The shotgun is an unlock, and while it looks sweet (read Pump), I doubt they'll be handing out a ton of these.

Overall, it seems like things are finally balance out pretty well, with badges at least, that the bronze is do-able when you first start to play, but it's going to take significant work to get the gold. I never got to play the beta, but from my understanding, according to the req's for Titan Destruction Achievement Gold, you basically have to do the whole thing yourself minus one console? I look forward to the challenge.
Icleos
+101|6741
There was a pin that was already removed from the game.
The picture and information was removed but its' socket or "empty code" is still there.

The ID string for the removed award is called pin_405
It was located between the Troop Transporter Pin and Titan Defender Pin

Also another medal was removed too.
This is a note that I found in a CON file.

swiffHost.addAward 0 2190304 0 99999
rem ** this is the air defense combat medal which has been removed

Last edited by Icleos (2006-09-15 14:38:59)

*e6/TheChronic
+21|6480
shiny badges... I might have to get that game, but I would have to get a new rig
e-i-u-benjamin
WoeKoeMakaLaLaLoekieWaWa
+40|6758|The Netherlands
they are exactly the same as bf2, only they made them abit uglyer, i dont like em at all its way to squary (dont know if thats a word tho )
THE RUSKIE
+19|6442|UK but from Russia(StP)
So is the rank system same as bf2?
THE RUSKIE
+19|6442|UK but from Russia(StP)
lol soz, i just checked and the medals are nearly exactly the same as bf2, wtf is the point?
gunnaboy
+26|6717
+1 for the info.
Somethings like armor hrs is a little light now, but other than that cooool!!!! 
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

THE RUSKIE wrote:

lol soz, i just checked and the medals are nearly exactly the same as bf2, wtf is the point?
...its a different game, thats the point
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

THE RUSKIE wrote:

A little saying comes to mind, 'Dont fix it, if it ain't broke.'
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
Nice Find, but the ranks are the most ugliest I ever saw..
Peldri
+4|6675|Suomi Finland

RDMC(2) wrote:

Nice Find, but the ranks are the most ugliest I ever saw..
I agree. It´s funny that rank requirements are so low(except high ranks). You play one round and you´re like on 15th rank

Last edited by Peldri (2006-09-16 01:11:18)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Well at least there won't be any, 'OMGZ 1st Sergent to Major gap is to big' threads.  Also, with all the new unlocks coming fast, it will keep you interested in the game for longer.
millhous
+39|6636|OREEGONE, USA
I think the large number of unlocks is great, but why did they make certain items unlocks when we should already have them? 

For instance, granades.  Grenades have been in a default kit since 1942.  Why the hell should we waste an unlock for an item we should've already had?  I think the developers ran out of ideas and decided on cleaning out anything in the kits that wasn't your armor/gun/pistol. Very sad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard