1hawaii50
+5|6707
This patch really hasn't solved anything for me. I get more CTD's now than ever, and I'm still dropping connections due to servers crashing like crazy.
Disodium
+13|6514|Sydney
I get problem connections but they are yet to boot me out of the game and zero CTD since patch.. actually i never had any in 1.3 either the patch before 1.3 i had alot but i blame that to a faulty stick of 512 ram...
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6652|Spokane, Washington

The patch has worked charms on our server. Even though it still crashes, its not even near as much. I never get CTD now.....only freeze for like 1/2 hour.....>_>
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6471
either ur net sucks or ur computer sucks or both. now stfu, they fucking fixed it
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6553|UK

1hawaii50 wrote:

This patch really hasn't solved anything for me. I get more CTD's now than ever, and I'm still dropping connections due to servers crashing like crazy.
If you're still having trouble download and run MemTest86 and then Prime95 on your rig to see if you have any RAM or CPU problems.  If either test fails you will need to fix your hardware.

For dropped connections have you checked that you're set to use DSL connection speed in the game settings and not LAN speed?
Ben>You
+90|6527

norge wrote:

either ur net sucks or ur computer sucks or both. now stfu, they fucking fixed it
No, they didn't. Internet has nothing to do with CTD's, nor does your rig.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6547
I noticed less crashes, but the server I was on last night still crashed. I get random lockups occasionally now too which never happened before and only happen with BF2.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6553|UK

Ben>You wrote:

norge wrote:

Internet won't affect CTDs unless you have crap network drivers. Will definately affect connection loss.

If your rig is faulty you will definately be prone to CTDs.
1hawaii50
+5|6707

norge wrote:

Norge, get a hobby as you don't play well as a tough guy behind a computer screen.  I'm sure my computer would put yours to shame.  I've got a fresh built X2 4800+ @2.65ghz, 2G Mushkin Extreme, 250Gb Seagate HDD, X1900XT, OCZ 700W PS.  My system is Prime stable, and no errors on memtest, so OBVIOUSLY EA HASN'T FIXED THE PROBLEM since I'm getting more CTD then I ever did before, and I get just as many connection problems.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6734|Singapore
I got a ctd today when i picked up someone's kit.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
I havent had one since the patch
gunnaboy
+26|6718

1hawaii50 wrote:

norge wrote:

Norge, get a hobby as you don't play well as a tough guy behind a computer screen.  I'm sure my computer would put yours to shame.  I've got a fresh built X2 4800+ @2.65ghz, 2G Mushkin Extreme, 250Gb Seagate HDD, X1900XT, OCZ 700W PS.  My system is Prime stable, and no errors on memtest, so OBVIOUSLY EA HASN'T FIXED THE PROBLEM since I'm getting more CTD then I ever did before, and I get just as many connection problems.
You have a pretty extrem rig there m8, little bit of overkill for gaming though, but thats not the point.
When you downloaded drivers/patches did you have anti-virus operating at the same time, if yes they aren't configuring properly. Try redoing the drivers/patches with anti-virus off. Also BF2 doesn't like dual core processors try switching one core off and see what happens.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
Connection speed definitely affects connection losses.

Before my connection was throttled, I had no connection losses.
After it was throttled to 10kb/s download speed, it went bad. Very fast.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BattlefieldMedic
+25|6601|Sydney City, THE city.
I have yet to have a single CTD since 1.4! It used to be like, every second server I joined...
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I've had 2 CTDs and 2 server crashes since 1.4, but I'd expect that rate of error with any game that uses alot of system resources (or any other program for that matter). No machine is perfect even if the code was.
beerface702
+65|6694|las vegas
did you do a fresh install? clean reg entries etc. although it seems 1.3 left less of a footprint then previous versions.

still try a fresh install. then see

for me it seems pretty solid. ive logged about 13 hours or so on the new patch. and havent had but one crash

which is good for bf
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6734|Singapore
I dunno why but when i picked a kit today, i crashed out to desktop.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Game crashes when your in the middle of selecting a spawn point and the server switches your team. soon as you hit 'done' ding, game dies. me and 3 mates of mine have tested it so its not just me.
1hawaii50
+5|6707

gunnaboy wrote:

You have a pretty extrem rig there m8, little bit of overkill for gaming though, but thats not the point.
When you downloaded drivers/patches did you have anti-virus operating at the same time, if yes they aren't configuring properly. Try redoing the drivers/patches with anti-virus off. Also BF2 doesn't like dual core processors try switching one core off and see what happens.
I figured it was time to build with the prices cuts that AMD made, so I got a killer system for a great price.  Also, I have the Dual core optimizer and patch from AMD, and the Dual Core hotfix from Microsoft so I don't think it's a dual core problem as I would get CTD's and connection issues with the old system too (A64 3700+ and X850XT).  I did install the patch with my Panda running, if you think that may be an issue, I'll re-install everything with the AV off.

And come on....can you really have an overkill rig for gaming!!!! lol!!!

Last edited by 1hawaii50 (2006-09-14 06:29:31)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6549|USA bitches!
I had my 2nd or 3rd CTD last night. The game loaded up and right before I could go to hit Join Now, CTD. Lovely. There will always be bugs, just don't let it bother you that much.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6471

Ben>You wrote:

norge wrote:

uhmmmm, ur rig has everything to do with CTDs, and ur internet has everything to do with losing connection, THINK before you post.

1.4 fixed ctd and most server crashes, servers can still crash, but its hella rare.  Ive only lost connection once, but it was my nets fault. and i knew that. and i didnt come here and whine like all u bitches that must have some fetish to complain.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6471

1hawaii50 wrote:

norge wrote:

AMAGAD u spent prolly 3x as much as i did for ur computer, and guess what, i get 100fps at full details! rofl.
DaRQueSToRM
+0|6540|Knoxville, Tenn USA
No 1.4 didn't fix CTDs, I have had 7 since the patch and 2 in the last 2 hours.
BoneEnforcer
+4|6749
I had a problem when I first patched it with crashing and servers not showing up.  I did a "remove the program" way like i read here on the forums.

1.  Removed everything, including profiles
2.  Installed Vanilla
3.  Full Patch
4.  Installed SF
5.  Full Patch

I have no issues now and my SF loads up better than before.  It would get choppy when the spawn selection first came up, but now it is slick as a whistle.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6459|behind my rifle

norge wrote:

take it easy jesus

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard