KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6458|Cambridge, UK

DirtyMexican wrote:

Lone wolfs better, I dont have to spawn onto the dumbass squad leader standing infront of pkm fire
Thats why you need to be in TS with your squad.... and if your not you can be in a squad and not spawn on the leader (but you can if you see them in another place you want to be)!

IMO: lonewolf is for points, squads is for teamwork, the win and fun
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6695|London, UK
I find being in a squad easier cause taking the flags is much more quicker then waiting a year for u to cap a flag
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6604|Cheshire. UK
I find that if you have a small team you tend to work better 4 max...but every now and again its good to hoof it a s a loner.... and being completely selfish!! point whoring...lol
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6700|Howell, Mi USA

stryyker wrote:

a squad of one good person out-benefits 2 squads full of tards
QfT

Perfact example, a squad of 4 asshats w/a medic vs me alone as assault. the squad was trying to take the Surveillance Point flag on Sharqi. I launch 1 nade, killed 3 of them leaving their medic. medic revives 2 of them, i shot 1 revived guy, medic revives the 3rd, i shot the medic, launch another nade killing 2nd revived guy, then shot the remaining guy who was trying to shoot me. 7 kills, defand flags, +2 for each kill, all mine with no squad to share. stryyker is right, a dipshit squad is nothing against 1 good player.

even though i probly got lucky but yea a lone wolf will get more points than a squad.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6652

usmarine2005 wrote:

Maybe it is just me, but I find myself being more effective when being by myself instead of being in a squad.  I love the teamwork and movement that goes along with being in a squad.  After a week of testing, I found that I almost get twice as many kills and half the deaths being a lone wolf.  What the hell am I doing wrong?
i noticed you werent making or in squads the other day, i had 2 invite u in before you decided to join
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
Full, organised squad moving togethor = Arty magnet

Fuck that. I just cap flags and spawn on squad leaders and that's about it. The rest is me trying to go somewhere that doesn't get myself arty'd. Course i could just skip the lot and become a sniper like everyone else, but where's the fun in that?
TheGiantSE
+14|6477|Sweden
Squads are more fun.
It's great when people work togheter, when ever that happen.
And it's fun to talk while you play.

I only hav 30 h lonewolf out of 600 h i think
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

pure_beef_69 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Maybe it is just me, but I find myself being more effective when being by myself instead of being in a squad.  I love the teamwork and movement that goes along with being in a squad.  After a week of testing, I found that I almost get twice as many kills and half the deaths being a lone wolf.  What the hell am I doing wrong?
i noticed you werent making or in squads the other day, i had 2 invite u in before you decided to join
That is the only time I do join one, if I know somebody.
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6535|here
If you can find a decent squad to work with, they're unstoppable.  Especially if you can talk to each other.  I personally squad up with my brother as much as possible, because our computers are within talking distance from each other.  I'll pop in with an F2000, him with the L85, and the two of us are damn near unstoppable.  Until the heli shows up.  Then we're kinda...boned.  ><
jsnipy
+3,276|6528|...

its relative. If you know the squad then ur a whoring machine. When get random pepes .. welll ...

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-09-13 10:11:39)

SPQR
+3|6565|US Fricken A

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sometimes I get a better score.. but I find myself being a tank noob as I approach vet armor... i dont notice the difference lately...

but I dont get too many points being lonewolf  too bad they dont have a lonewolf award/ribbon
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
Since deciding to join squad my K has evened out. Squads allow me to spawn closer to the fight and ussally put me in close proximity to medics so I live longer.
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
Put a team of 32 in good squads against 32 lone wolfs and the squads will win.

The lone wolfs will get more points though,and i'm guessing have a bit more fun depending on the map.
Zefar
+116|6655|Sweden
Lone Wolfs will always be away from the battles unless it's close to their flags so it's good to be in a Squad that is close to battle because you will be able to outnumber the enemies pretty quick that way.

I either create a Squad so that I don't get throw to the other team or I just join one. I spawn close to the Squad leader if he's close to a flag to.
Havazn
+39|6699|van.ca
I only ever play with a couple of my friends. Always squad it up. I find i do fine either alone or in a squad, except since im playing with friends, they'll revive me if they can, which allows me to continue to get a higher score.

If anyone wants to play in a fun teamworking squad, look me up as I'm always with at least two other guys.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6668|Groningen, The Netherlands
If you have a reliable squad you can get far better scores working together.

As a lone wolf you can stay unnoticed and get a higher kdr
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6543|Search Whore killing fields
I hate being squad leader on a map where im sniping and have 3 idiots join me and spawn as spec ops and crap and get almost every helo, tank, and sniper to look over at us for fun. It especially pisses me off when they are anti tank, they fire missles at shit and then it kills us all.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

Gamematt wrote:

If you have a reliable squad you can get far better scores working together.

As a lone wolf you can stay unnoticed and get a higher kdr
I get killed more as a squad member, but get more points for caps and teamwork. 

I go lonewolf capping when the rest of my team sucks.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-09-13 12:12:40)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6688|Canada
i DON'T KOW WTF YOU'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT BEING LONEWOLVES GETTING MORE POINTS.  Oops sorry caps.  When in a squad that actually works together, I gan generate about 5 points per minute just chucking ammo at everyone.  5 guys see more targets, and 5 ppl kill more ppl than 1 does.  5 ppl cover more ground, shoot more ammo, require more healing, and if ppl die you can get like 8 ppm reviving them.  Lone wolf serves no purpose whatsoever.  If you die more in a squad you should be playing a more solo oriented game like Unreal, rather than a game designed specifically to promote teamwork.  And for you snipes who think it's 'cool' to be lonewolf really, noone is impressed, it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.  Squadded snipers can spawn more safely and get targets pointed out for them.  Commanders ignore lone wolves.
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6446|Canada
I'd have to say I'm the opposite...I get the most kills when im with a squad...Maybe its because I have more pressure, or I am determined to win the best USMC squad!!!!
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6667|The Outer Circle
Playing with a squad is the best wat to work, more people have a chance that just 1 person.

Usually we have around 10 people on TS from my squad and we split into different teams so its more manageable. This is used to devastating effect

TPM-SQUAD-

www.tpm-squad.com & www.tpm-squad.net
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6535|UK

Jbrar wrote:

I get a better k/d ratio by my self, if i'm in a squad I focus on reviving and healing everyone else so they get good scores. So usually my squad consists of the top 10 players of the round.
I was just in the same server as you,
All you did was revive us(not complaining) but got a nice k/d aswell
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6637|949

My K/D, FPPR and team points and overall points are higher when I am in a squad.  Granted, I only join/start squads with people I know and/or frequently play with.
adv3rsary
+28|6721
i join squads only when i am playin with my real life friends... only other time you ll find me in a squad is either because i am in a chopper and i have found my dream pilot or gunner or i need to request stuff (supplies, cars...) otherwise, i role alone.. don't need some jackass i dont know spawning in my chopper out of nowhere
Rogue_Delta
+6|6461

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

If you wanna go solo fine.Just create a squad and lock it.That way you can ask the commanders for stuff and hear warnings of incoming artillery.Also, as a squad leader you won't get auto switched.
wrong. sometimes I play alone and when I get on some servers I see like 4 squads with just one guy in them, couple of them are locked, the others are snipers. WTF?!
now that really pisses me off!
you wanna go lonewolf? I aint stopping you or trying to get through to you with my squad-friendly arguments, nope, but when you go lone youre 'lone'. you see, the point is that you get that certain message: MAX NUMBER OF SQUADS REACHED, so if 4 or 5 of them loners go in a squad and pretend to lead as snipers laying on some rooftop the other 25 guys in the team dont get the chance to do teamwork. and they WILL lose.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard