11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6505|behind my rifle
i was recently playing on ghost town as the british commander and everytime i would click the arty button on my target i would get a message on my screen saying Team Vehicle Damage! yet it wouldnt subtract from my score and the arty hadn't even hit the ground yet, anyone else have this problem
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6624|Florida
sorry pal, havnt seen it, but then again ive not played SF since the patch, i still have to re-install it after my last format.
eagles1106
+269|6630|Marlton, New Jersey.
negative...
Greenpanda
+6|6568
Sometimes the arty slowly destroys itself which is what your getting the team damage from...It has happened to me a few times.

Last edited by Greenpanda (2006-09-12 19:33:13)

11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

Greenpanda wrote:

Sometimes the arty slowly destroys itself which is what your getting the team damage from...It has happened to me a few times.
yeah good point, but wouldnt that take away from your score? when it happened to me as soon as i clicked the arty button, The arty hadnt even began firing and it said team vehicle damage, ur prolly right though
jamriche
+0|6517
No, if your damaging your artillery then your not affecting any of the other players including vehicles, since the artillery is an extension of the commander.  In another way you are only hurting your player, this is why it is not deducted from your score, b/c you affect no one else.  Hope this makes sense.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life

jamriche wrote:

Hope this makes sense.
it does but how do i damage my artillery when im sitting in a house 100 yards away with my m24
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6637|Australia
I didn't think commanders got affected by team damage/kill negatives? Similarly to how they don' get affected by points for kills/caps etc. All you get is your team's crummy average.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6685|Montreal, Qc, Canada
never to me, someone controlled my vehicul droping while i was comanding the guy was droping like 50 vehicul in the same spot but not the problem you had !
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6778|Germany, near Koblenz

vanmani wrote:

I didn't think commanders got affected by team damage/kill negatives? Similarly to how they don' get affected by points for kills/caps etc. All you get is your team's crummy average.
You won't get negative team points for all the damage done with the arty - allthough it will be counted for your statistics.

You'll "earn" the negative points for all team damage done by anything else but the arty, just like a normal soldier!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard