specops10-4
+108|6750|In the hills
After seeing sigs and threads about people stopping their addiction to karkand i noticed I was addicted to wake island! 

For this past weekend i have been trying out maps (including Jalalabad) that i haven't played for quite some time.  The only problem is I am so used to getting 90 point plus rounds every time.  I am unable to tear myself away from that juicy J10! 

I want to be a legit player, however i am so used to looking at my score and seeing 45-1.  But what is more exciting then killing 12 people in a single strafe on a carrier? 

Anyone have any good maps that might help break my addiction, or at least break the habit for a week?

If you help, you shall receive karma

Last edited by specops10-4 (2006-09-10 19:44:24)

colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6482|B.C Canada
choppering on sharqi,no god damn j-10's to worry about
l41e
+677|6655

Play POE2 or BF1942.
specops10-4
+108|6750|In the hills
Already tried that...  I did good, but it just doesnt have that much replayability. 

EDIT: i thought POE2 would break my addiction, but it only broke my addiction for a few days!

Last edited by specops10-4 (2006-09-10 19:47:52)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6493|Melbourne

Play as Inf on Wake or practise in the F35 On wake.

Just becuase you play wake doesnt mean you have to choose a dif map for a challange.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6450|California
just stay on wake and pwn their n00b asses
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6590|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
You will love Kubra Dam or Operation Cleen Sweep, the bomber jets on those maps are perfect for getting many kills, in a round, especially on a full server since 5 bombs drop at once and seem to be stronger than Fighters bombs.  The cannon is also stronger I believe.
twiistaaa
+87|6675|mexico

specops10-4 wrote:

But what is more exciting then killing 12 people in a single strafe on a carrier?
killing 12 people who arent defencless

u should hit dragon valley, it has j-10s but u can get a decent score running around in an apc.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America
Wake is a disease. It needs to be cured!!!!! The virus of Wake Island 2007 has encompassed much of the community.
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6550|Boise, Idaho
dalian plant soloing

There have been quite a few people that I have played with that dominate that map when it comes to soloing.
specops10-4
+108|6750|In the hills
My worst problem is that i just dont have the pacience to get good at any other maps!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

Like I have said before.............

I would rather play with an angry pit bull with peanut butter on my nuts than play Wake.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6633|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I recommend Dragon Valley.  It's similar to wake but without all the rapeage that happens in the beginning of the round.

You know how sometimes in Wake there actually really isn't a game?  In Dragon Valley the USMC starts with a flag on the mainland, and also, the carrier is a swim away from the mainland.  Good map.

I also like Ghost Town a lot, if you have Special Forces.
Swifty_Gold
+3|6446
karkand is an addicting map:(
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6727|California

Night Flight > Wake
TokyoJoe
+5|6552

stryyker wrote:

Night Flight > Wake
iron gator.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

TokyoJoe wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Night Flight > Wake
iron gator.
Wurd
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6796|Singapore

Cleansweep.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

polarbearz wrote:

Cleansweep.
Infantry Only??
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6796|Singapore

usmarine2005 wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Cleansweep.
Infantry Only??
Would still be an awesome map that way. I don't know, I just like how cleansweep is laid out. With or without jets its a balanced map. Airfields way too far apart to effectively camp down the other planes (especially on 64p where the f18/Mig start at either ends), 2 BHs for the US, a whole bloody amphibous convoy of boats/APCs they have to to take off.

Love that map.
SgtMurphy
+11|6547
Wake Island would be the best map in this game in Infabtry only mode, imo.

Its small, easy layout, and with the exception of north base being a little far
from the airfield, all the bases are easily attacked by foot.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6592|Montreal

polarbearz wrote:

Would still be an awesome map that way. I don't know, I just like how cleansweep is laid out. With or without jets its a balanced map. Airfields way too far apart to effectively camp down the other planes (especially on 64p where the f18/Mig start at either ends), 2 BHs for the US, a whole bloody amphibous convoy of boats/APCs they have to to take off.

Love that map.
I agree. Cleansweep is quickly becoming my new favorite. It only sucks when you're USMC and your team is a bunch of noobs and you can't cap one flag on the island. Hey, that sounds alot like Wake.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida
Um, most Wake servers don't allow you to rape the carrier.  You should really stop doing it
specops10-4
+108|6750|In the hills
I play insomnia, no admins .  Cleansweep seems most popular, only problem is there arent many 24/7 servers and I have a 5 min load (I dont know why)

Last edited by specops10-4 (2006-09-10 21:21:54)

specops10-4
+108|6750|In the hills
wierd, my karma seems messed up.  Whenever I press "+1" it brings me to the page showing me the karma I received...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard