Septimius2
+9|6439

BolvisOculus wrote:

Because no one knows how to spell it.  It's J-A-L-A-L-A-B-A-D, Jalalabad.  Just 2 "la's".
yup...

one more "la" and it would officially BE a "gay"-assed map...
chef1969
Banned
+7|6419|uk
it rocks it has every thing apart from jets but thats cool
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6655|The Netherlands
Its a great map And it NOT like karkand!

No u got more buildings and kind of things to get cover! I Loveee that map . And the begin is NOT like Kark. Kark = Rush and most of the time ur team cant cap Hotel very fast, In Jalala u can cap 2 near spawm points.
And watercrossing . NO APC |D W00t. Hills for snipers REAL hills, not 1 like in kark. U got like everything .

Am happy they didnt added helo's (they would own and piss me off)
+1 for ur (h)
Jelecak
+1|6596|Vodnik camper van, Ghost town
I'm using the Jackhammer on Jalalabad on no vehicles mode and I own more than some of these snipers which are often 60% players. 20% are supports 18% are medics and I'm the 2% left with my Jackhammer
MurPHy
+9|6542|West Deptford, NJ

BolvisOculus wrote:

Because no one knows how to spell it.  It's J-A-L-A-L-A-B-A-D, Jalalabad.  Just 2 "la's".
I say JALALALALLALALLALALLALLAALALALLALLALA, but that's just me.

It is an AWESOME map. Add in the fact that there's no bullet drop for the M24 anymore, and it roxors my boxors.
staticblue
Vindicator
+28|6706|Houston, TX
I love it for sniping. 29-0 was my best round on Jalalabad so far. I have gotten more points but, K/D is the stat I worry about the most now a days. It really is fun though. Make smoke grenadesa lot more useful, just wish more people would use them. Smoke makes for an easy advance. I have lead the team numerous time on a raid. Just follow the smoke. MEC are easier to see in smoke than US. Darker camo.
negolien
+3|6466
Hey ,

It's a great map for MEC if ur US and it's infantry only ur fooked. The US guys get pushed up to their base and raped /shrug boring.
James-m
+28|6520|England

Mongoose wrote:

i agree it is one of the best maps, but cpuldnt hold a candle to wake island (and no im not a jet whore, and just so you believ me, here are my stats :http://bf2s.com/player/65989980/ )
youve been playin for 430+ hours, and your only a sgt major?
midnitebassist
Countersniper
+11|6500|here
I love hopping on a 64 man Infantry Only Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalabad and countersniping.  I only target snipers.  I'll leave the spec ops and medics to our spec ops and medics.  Snipers are mine.

I must say, though...awesomeness can occur if you can find another sniper to work with.  A good jalalabad sniper pair is frickin deadly.  I work with this one guy all the time, and there's never been a round where we didn't finish with less than 60 points.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6655|The Netherlands

midnitebassist wrote:

I love hopping on a 64 man Infantry Only Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalabad and countersniping.  I only target snipers.  I'll leave the spec ops and medics to our spec ops and medics.  Snipers are mine.

I must say, though...awesomeness can occur if you can find another sniper to work with.  A good jalalabad sniper pair is frickin deadly.  I work with this one guy all the time, and there's never been a round where we didn't finish with less than 60 points.
Omg u suck /sarcasm

Last edited by bf2_zspyvin (2006-09-12 14:13:57)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6683|US
I like Jalalabad. i use medic, sniper, and only US engineer on it. but i only use engineer to come around corners & pack the enemy's face full of metal.
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6631
I think it is a great sniper map.  But it does get old after a bit!!
Marinejuana
local
+415|6556|Seattle
Jalalabad is a great map. Comes in second after Karkand if I was going to draw my conclusion right now.

daffytag wrote:

my only complaint is on infantry only. US have to spend almost half a game trying to get a flag in the city.
Apart from that its an ace map.
i like this unique scenario though. On the one hand it gives people that normally dont play sniper an excuse to do a bit of it at the beginning of the round (especially MEC). Its almost too easy for US to get into the city in karkand, it makes the 'war' as a whole less interesting because there are not multiple stages. In karkand it is sort of constant CQC whereas Jalalabad requires first winning territory in a long range battle and then moving in for a real fight.

It is an AWESOME incentive for teamwork on the US side. To simply charge their first flag and not get sniped is going to be hard, but with a squad of a good medic, assault, and support player, it is possible to move from cover to cover until the large rock crag, where deploying a smoke grenade will then give your team a dramatic and effective bit of cover in order to make that last charge in towards the flag. I love being the assault troop in the squad especially because once you arrive at the first flag, its like stealing candy from babies as you shred through their now CQC-attempting snipers. If you are the squad leader (which I have done a lot of for this map so far) a great strategy is to bear to your right as you pass the last large rock crag, run to the right of your smoke grenade, such that you arrive at the sand bag wall. Now stand behind that wall and pronespam while flanking (raping) all those snipers and distracted medics. If you can keep this rape up for a minute or so, your squad mates will spawn on you, and then you can continue along this wall, past the first base, and capture the second one instead. Meanwhile you squadmates will probably still be swarming the first base. And voila, your team now is fighting the city battle.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Jet whores get owned since there are no jets.
Armor whores get C4ed.
Only groundpounders like it.
Couldnt have said it better myself +1
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

Marinejuana wrote:

*a bunch of interesting stuff*
yes, i was going to say some things about why i'm coming around to liking this map after an initial 'meh' period, but you've already said it all.

+1
IRONCHEF
+385|6461|Northern California
Truly an excellent map.  It offers ALOT for each kit - spec ops can get to one of the many scattered assets often while other fighting is going on over flags...making repairmen more viable too.  There's every possible type of terrain and atmosphere (even inside buildings) - desert, rolling hills, city walls, burning debris, water, shallows, rocks, everything..and they're all frequented since there's not a square inch of this map that is not used regularly.  Getting 3 tanks and hitting a flag makes for some serious intensity, having constant exchanges of that first mec flag with so many spawn points is very, very fun even if you just spend the round there exchanging flags (you can easily forget the fighting going on at the other 5 or 6 flags).  This is a snipers paradise where both buildings galore and lots of good ground spots give long range sighting.

Ok, i'll stop geeking off about this map.  I've put in about 8 hours so far and I'll easily surpass my Oman hours and keep going because of the variations this map has.  Another thing good about it is it has people who don't know it at all, and then the people who know it the most have only had it a month or so now (1.4beta, like i did).  Best thing about it...no aircraft!   INF only is awesome too!  Yesterday i did my first INF only on it and being USMC was awesome as you slowly advance for the the first two flags...as long as the USMC forces split evenly and coordinate in pushing them back, those flags are very rewarding.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-13 13:30:46)

LSXREVAN
Dark Lord of the Shock Paddles
+1|6552|THE ALAMO
i just 162 points in one round in it with just the AK-101. Its a good map.
killaer
+41|6688
Tanks are WAY unbalanced. I know this from
BEING in a tank and raping the enemy spawns
And being RAPED by the tanks of the enemy
arnica
+18|6651|Sydney
Why the fk are people obsessed with spelling errors for these maps? Who gives a rats arse how you spell it ... you understood what the poster was trying to say so that's it ... ffs ...
starkingdoms
+6|6742
songua is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Septimius2
+9|6439

arnica wrote:

Why the fk are people obsessed with spelling errors for these maps? Who gives a rats arse how you spell it ... you understood what the poster was trying to say so that's it ... ffs ...
cuz its a cheep waay to get a smawl chuckle...

chill out dude
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I like this map with and without vehicles. However, the US are at a bit of a disadvantage in infantry only, unless they have better players...or are able to rush as a group.
nelsonator
+0|6314
Jet whores get owned since there are no jets.
Armor whores get C4ed.
Only groundpounders like it.

Learn to drive armour properly and don't even bother going for flag points unless you absolutely have too, back up ur team and dont get blown apart by spec ops by moving around a bit
Jalalabad is my favourite map

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard