pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6664
For all of you that do not understand what the social class system is, it consists of the working class, the middle class and the upper class.

I am from a working class family and i live in working class area however i often wonder what life is like in middle and upper class families. The majority of working class families follow the same morals, ideas and largely share the same leisure activities. For example: At school there is not such a big effort made to achieve high grades then you get a job as soon as you leave school.

I have recently read 1984 by George Orwell and in his book it talks about the class system in a fictional future, however he says that working class are free to do what they want and think what they want, but the middle and upper class are constantly watched to see how they act. I was wondering if this could be applied to modern day society.

Is anyone from a higher class than working class?

Ps. It is not the best worded topic, i couldnt be bothered to spend much time on it, but i hope you can get the general idea of what i am saying

Last edited by pure_beef_69 (2006-09-10 04:34:04)

P581
Monkey
+44|6486
I vote for the one right below working class? What is that again? The poor?
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6700|England and damn proud
I would say middle class for me, my dads has lots of cash and i dont
Simon
basically
+838|6675|UK
Royalty
pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6664
sorry just edited
heman6666
+2|6541|Vettefan du
middle class i think?
Choclot
+21|6560
working class? im 15 and got a pretty hard job and i live in a shitty house but i have pretty good stuff. clothes, equiptment etc
kimaera
+2|6469|Auburn,AL
I grew up in lower middle class. single-mom kind of thing. But I dont believe anyone is confined to these classes. If you want to improve your class level or whatever you can. Just figure out how.
dc_involved
+13|6548
There are lots of misconceptions about class. Many people who think they are middle class simply aren't. If you work for somebody then you are working class. Even if you own a small business but have to work damn hard to keep it going you are essentially working class. Middle class people tend to have businesses that require minimal input from themselves and/or they do not need to put long days in from early morning. The upper class tend to simply inherit wealth and as we all know money makes money, they needn't do a damn thing all day to live comfortably.

Sorry to burst the bubble of any would be middle class out there but the truth is the overwhelming majority of the world is working class. A big house, nice car and  sat nav system does not change this!

Workers of the world unite!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6608|Your attic
I tend to think of myself as middle class.
P581
Monkey
+44|6486

dc_involved wrote:

There are lots of misconceptions about class. Many people who think they are middle class simply aren't. If you work for somebody then you are working class. Even if you own a small business but have to work damn hard to keep it going you are essentially working class. Middle class people tend to have businesses that require minimal input from themselves and/or they do not need to put long days in from early morning. The upper class tend to simply inherit wealth and as we all know money makes money, they needn't do a damn thing all day to live comfortably.

Sorry to burst the bubble of any would be middle class out there but the truth is the overwhelming majority of the world is working class. A big house, nice car and  sat nav system does not change this!

Workers of the world unite!
Troof. You hit the nail on the head.
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6460|Austria - Graz
Well I´m from the middle class.

We have a average house with 2000 m² ground, my sister is nurse and I´m going to study physics. Well. I like my life.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6682|NT, like Mick Dundee

Working class. Suits me fine.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
velocitychaos
+26|6514|Brisbane Australia
I would say upper class, mum and dad have heaps of cash ( i don't so in a way that makes me working class ), so i could just sit on my arse and wait for the inheritance but I learned good business ethics from them because they built their own business from the ground up and now i'm doing the same and will probably be fricking loaded when i'm older. It's a good feeling to come from money and all but i don't think it means shit unless you have good relationship skills and by that i mean how you relate to all people, I personally try to forget that I come from money and ingnore all that class bullshit and just get on with people.

Last edited by velocitychaos (2006-09-10 05:23:38)

BVC
+325|6713
Working class/student
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6760|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
class is an illusion -  you're either a member of the shit upon class or you're doing the shitting - the end
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
I was poor as a kid and now I have lots of money.

To me it isn't a class issue and if it were there wouldn't be just three classes.

You forgot the Animal class who throw their babies in dumpsters

So I guess I was working class, I still work a lot but only when I want to.
I buy anything I want and go anywhere I want anytime I want.

If I won 95 million dollars, my life wouldn't change that much. I would want to change the lives of others. Maybe I would buy up all he property that marconiuos's parents own and lease it to Biker types.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

What about the non-working class.
lessthangreene
+0|6461
im jesus
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
I thot social class was like if you were popular, not popular, a loser, etc.

I think what you're all talking about is economic class, but maybe I'm wrong

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-09-10 09:12:46)

iamangry
+59|6663|The United States of America

killa_karnickl wrote:

Well I´m from the middle class.

We have a average house with 2000 m² ground, my sister is nurse and I´m going to study physics. Well. I like my life.
Good Major!!!  The world needs more people like us!

My Class: Lower-Middle(its not middle because my mother's white and my father has a Ph.D. in ChE, so while my family generates enough income to be in the middle class, we do not get the breaks in college tuition or medical costs reserved for lower income brackets and minorities)
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6727|Sweden
Middleclass/upperclass, both parents are doctors, live in a 5 level house, yet im not spoiled my computer sucks, and so does everything else i own
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6598|England
Working class and love it iam really grateful for everything we get and i value money
jonsimon
+224|6512

Spearhead wrote:

I thot social class was like if you were popular, not popular, a loser, etc.

I think what you're all talking about is economic class, but maybe I'm wrong
No, you're right. We're really talking about economic class.

I like to favor my family as low to middle, but honestly I'm not sure.
phnxfrhwk
+14|6690|Just outside of baltimore, Md.
Lower middle class. I still work but I make more money than I need, so it isnt all that bad. everything I own I worked hard for and right now Im going through collegeto better myself and make more money to afford those things that I would really like to have when I want them, rather than saving up for years.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard