killaer
+41|6716
Has anyone noticed that this map has the fucking WORST DESIGN EVER?

Honestly, When Wake came out it looked amazing, nice new great looking map, and it really seemed like EA put EFFORT into this...
When I played Jalaladerkabad, it looks fucking awful.

I mean, jesus, the map is LIFELESS! Everything is grey! The fucking MEC surround the US, and the US has their little hole to hide in! The whole fucking map becomes a nade spam fest, it's like there are fucking mortar shells exploding all around you..

Anyone else think that EA did this just because they promised that they would release new maps every patch, and JUST for that purpose?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

Good for you mate.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6637|Montreal, Qc, Canada
well i pretty like jalalabad, i agree with you that everything is pretty grey but the map is not bad 2 play !!!! and stop saying shit about ea and dice they are doing their job if you dont like the game stop playing it:)
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6542|Boise, Idaho

~Smokey~ wrote:

Good for you mate.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6763|Toronto Canada

killaer wrote:

Honestly, When Wake came out it looked amazing, nice new great looking map, and it really seemed like EA put EFFORT into this...

I mean, jesus, the map is LIFELESS! Everything is grey! The fucking MEC surround the US, and the US has their little hole to hide in! The whole fucking map becomes a nade spam fest, it's like there are fucking mortar shells exploding all around you..

Anyone else think that EA did this just because they promised that they would release new maps every patch, and JUST for that purpose?
you are functionally retarded. how old are you? it's a good map with good choke points and areas of concentrated battle.
killaer
+41|6716
I like the game, I just don't like the map. I appreciate that EA has put the effort into making a map for free (EA? FREE!?!?!? ZOMG!!!) but the nade spamming is..intense..
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6477|Vancouver, USA
I've only played it once, but you're right, it was pretty gray and lifeless.
arch29
+1|6442
that map is awesome, the nades you can act like they ARE mortars, and snipers everywhere make it fun and intense, the 2 tanks are cool, because it just adds more to realism, lots of cars which makes it fun, and mines and claymores everywhere make the map better, and the long charge toward the outpost is design for teamwork, but having people lay down surpressing fire while others charge the outpost and it becomes a bloodbath. also the size is perfectly fine, and the MEC's do have the defensive advantage, but the U.S. attack from 2 sides, and spreading out their troops too much would weaken MEC defense, so thats also cool
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

Cobra4545 wrote:

What do you want?  An exciting fun land with candy canes and little pink horses running through the long grass towards a rainbow with a shiny pot of gold at the end?  I mean cmon, Karkand looks like poo on a stick and people still play it.
Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6693|Mountains of West Virginia
Can you physically write the name of the map without putting some type of "funniness" to it? You try to hard.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6643|Camoran's Paradise
So what if it's gray.  Do you want rainbows everywhere?  Come on.  There's a damn jet crash at the hotel. 

PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE!!  I will admit that I hate the 32 and 64 player maps but find a good 16

size map without vehicles.  I could play that all day.  And if you don't like it then just go back to Wake and sit on

the carrier with your bum facing the heavens so that J-10 bomb will go down just a little easier.  Cheers.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2006-09-08 22:27:16)

arch29
+1|6442

~Smokey~ wrote:

Cobra4545 wrote:

What do you want?  An exciting fun land with candy canes and little pink horses running through the long grass towards a rainbow with a shiny pot of gold at the end?  I mean cmon, Karkand looks like poo on a stick and people still play it.
hey that would be awesomely gay, but id like a map like that so i can shoot the horses and steal the gold
eagles1106
+269|6582|Marlton, New Jersey.
Um I just played on a clan server with a clan I know and got over 80 points each round, on jalalabad.  The map owns for capping bases, too.
killaer
+41|6716

kessel! wrote:

killaer wrote:

you are functionally retarded. how old are you? it's a good map with good choke points and areas of concentrated battle.
Choke points? All MEC and USMC does is throw nades at eachother and snipe.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6555

~Smokey~ wrote:

Good for you mate.
killaer
+41|6716

=W=GeneralSherman wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

Good for you mate.
TuataraDude
+115|6520|Aotearoa
Has anyone noticed that this map has the f*****g WORST........................ complainers EVER?

Go away and play on another map. Simple.
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6555
if there were any mods on id say CLOSE

Last edited by =W=GeneralSherman (2006-09-08 22:45:38)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6671|Colorado
Its ok as long as it isn't IO, nothing special though.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6491
It's ok, just looks depressing but war is.
chuuby
+19|6616
i love this map. i have had some of the best fights on that map.  close spawn points for great action.
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6578|Nottingham, UK
Well. Stunned.

It must be the first time I'm proud to have a 6600GT over any other card. /sarcasm

Cos I think it looks fucking marvellous. No grey and lifeless shite here.
Flyboy63
+8|6702|South Australia
I think its an awesome map.

One can only imagine how good it would be with a few blackhawks in it....
Eyeshooter
+3|6455|uh.. good question..
its a war ground..

yo ucant expect colours..

well.. maybe from all the explosions..

also..

even though the two teams basically snipe and nade the shit outa each other..

i dont see why YOU dont do that and play some tactics and get around that..

its a tactical map.. work with it..

or else juz go play dragon valley on single player-easy difficulty.

i must admit tho... the suicde cars are a fucked up pain

Last edited by Eyeshooter (2006-09-08 22:56:32)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica
It looks like my first custom map I ever made.... only a lot worse.  Lightmaps were rendered very low, too many tall buildings which makes it laggy, and a general bad design.  I would have much rather seen a custom map competition for map makers.... there are some really great guys in the community but no one is gonna play unranked servers.  Your doing good just to get 99% of ppl off Karkand.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard