Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
I just got done cleaning my PC and it took a good 4 hours because my PC was ridiculously dirty. I used 4 bottles of compressed air.

I know my GPU temps droped from 55c idle to 44c idle and my CPU temps droped by more than 10c.
a fly
+105|6615|The netherlands

Teflon.DEP wrote:

I just got done cleaning my PC and it took a good 4 hours because my PC was ridiculously dirty. I used 4 bottles of compressed air.

I know my GPU temps droped from 55c idle to 44c idle and my CPU temps droped by more than 10c.
i cleaned my vid last week. temp drop just a bit. it made its own dustfilter from dust.
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6749|Long Island
it is always good to keep your pc clean.  It stays less dusty for longer if u tie the power supply cables well.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I take mine outside every other week and squirt it down with the water hose.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
yeah, i occasionally run the vacuum hose over the internal.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
Dust is bad, it conducts heat.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6736|Toronto Canada

Kmarion wrote:

I take mine outside every other week and squirt it down with the water hose.
who doesnt
jaymz9350
+54|6548

lavadisk wrote:

yeah, i occasionally run the vacuum hose over the internal.
be careful doing that. vacuums create this nasty thing called static which is very bad for computer components
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6690|Las Vegas
Just as long as you never let it get to this point

https://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5637/nastypcse7.jpg

(No that's not mine )
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6653|England and damn proud

ShotYourSix wrote:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5637/nastypcse7.jpg

(No that's not mine )
LOL
Souljah
+42|6638

ShotYourSix wrote:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/5637/nastypcse7.jpg

(No that's not mine )
lmfao dam that must of had a nasty smell in the room
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I remember that picture, and the article that went with it.
dknessfalls
+9|6415|Corona, California
is it ok to have a sealed case with no fans blowing in, instead all the fans blowing out, 1 huge fan in the back, 1 inside under the cd case that blows towards the big fan, and then in the front interior one that blows out through the opening in front

this is what the case looks like

https://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/dknessfalls/ViperRed.jpg
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6530|The real world
I got a stock intel cooler on my conroe, works well, and a stock cooler on my x1900xt, and a zalman blowing out the back idles about 51 celcius, cpu: 40
Moggle
+4|6550|I'm not sure
I used an angle grinder to open a bigger port at the back of one of my previous PC's (Modem wouldn't quite fit). Dad held the vacuum cleaner next to the grinder to suck up the hot fragments while I made the port bigger. Worked beautifully.

No shit.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
dknessfalls: No, that's not ok. You need ATLEAST one good fan for intake. Otherwise, you'll have no fresh air within the case. You need to have air circulating, on a cycle. Air goes in, then goes out...blowing across components. I mean, it won't hurt anything if you don't have any intake...but you'll have better cooling with an intake.

You dropped 10*C on your CPU by cleaning?! MY GOD! Dirty much?
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States

CrazeD wrote:

dknessfalls: No, that's not ok. You need ATLEAST one good fan for intake. Otherwise, you'll have no fresh air within the case. You need to have air circulating, on a cycle. Air goes in, then goes out...blowing across components. I mean, it won't hurt anything if you don't have any intake...but you'll have better cooling with an intake.

You dropped 10*C on your CPU by cleaning?! MY GOD! Dirty much?
ya lol. The fan wasnt to badd but the heatsink was stuffed with dust lol.
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6479

dknessfalls wrote:

is it ok to have a sealed case with no fans blowing in, instead all the fans blowing out, 1 huge fan in the back, 1 inside under the cd case that blows towards the big fan, and then in the front interior one that blows out through the opening in front

this is what the case looks like

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/ … perRed.jpg
LOL dude, you have a big "negative pressure" in your case.  What does this mean?  It means that dust is going to find it's way into every nook and cranny of your case, as air seeps thru every little openeing to make up for the air that you blowing out.  You only want air coming into the case in places that are designed for air intakes, that's why they have dust covers and such.

What you want is a slight "positive pressure" - slightly more air blowing in than out.  That way NO AIR will flow at all into all the cracks and crevices in your case, and thus your case will stay cleaner and cooler.  The air that does come into your case will be thru the air intake hole that you want, and it'll be easy to just clean the dust filter every now and then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard