Poll

Do you use the 'Invert Mouse' option?

Yes, and I'm damn proud of it.20%20% - 16
No way! Are you high?79%79% - 61
Total: 77
LSD_Wash
+64|6843
I have used inverted mouse since true up-and-down looking was introduced in Quake 1.  I don't really know why.  I think it's because I enjoyed flight sims long before first-person shooters and it seemed natural.  (i.e. pull back on the stick to go up, push the stick forward to go down)  So I know that I'm in the minority here, but I'm wondering just how much so.  So just how wierd am I?
l41e
+677|6678

I only use it for aircraft.
IRONCHEF
+385|6520|Northern California
Is inverted mousing mean when I move the mouse forward, the cursor should go down?  Sorry for the dumb question.
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6562|Columbus, OH
its difficult, cause if you have the mentality that the bottom of your computer screen is closer to you  than the top is, then you would probably naturally pull the mouse closer to you, based off of the the bottom of the screen being closer.
the_hitman_kills
Agent 47 wannabe
+32|6494|Inside my APC

IRONCHEF wrote:

Is inverted mousing mean when I move the mouse forward, the cursor should go down?  Sorry for the dumb question.
yes
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6538|Daytona Beach, FL
I've been flightsimmin for ages and I still can't stand inverted mouse.
Darkmaster
+34|6484|Dallas, Texas
wtf r u on speed no 1 uses invertd is 4 nubz
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6735|Antarctica
I have never liked inverted
colt.45
I use air hacks.
+25|6505|B.C Canada
i only use it for fps console games.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6688|SLC, Utah, USA
I can't use anything BUT inverted.  I honestly don't know where it came from, but I don't know why my friend uses normal, and not inverted.  The odd thing is, he uses inverted for flying...
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6780|Chicago.
Standard Mouse Motion.

Last edited by BigmacK (2006-09-08 16:20:59)

Havazn
+39|6723|van.ca

[RDH]Warlord wrote:

I can't use anything BUT inverted.  I honestly don't know where it came from, but I don't know why my friend uses normal, and not inverted.  The odd thing is, he uses inverted for flying...
I'm the same way, no idea where it started from, but its the only way i can play

[Darkmaster] wrote:

wtf r u on speed no 1 uses invertd is 4 nubz
I dont see how pointing a mouse in the opposite direction of your aim is considered 'noobish'. Its the opposite movement.
CITYHUNT3R
+15|6498|Winnipeg
I only invert with joysticks.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6674|Ohio
well, seing as i keep my mouse on exacly verticle angle to match up and down of my screen, that would confuse me.
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6708|Adelaide, Australia
I use inverted mouse for everything these days.

Of course everyone uses inverted mouse on aircraft and helicopters, but if you use it for aiming the kit weapons, you're pr0.

I started recently after playing GTA San Andreas, where it's default setup used inverted mouse. It seems completely logical to me now. The way I think of it is like pushing the butt of the gun with the right hand while pivoting the it on the left hand. Alternatively, when driving tanks, it like holding a rope attached to the end of the gun barrel and using it to raise or lower it.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6711
I learned inverted about 16 years ago, on an Amiga 2000. Flight sims, tank games, when bond came out on the nintendo as an FPS I was so used to inverted it stuck. And now its the only way i can play.

Inverted is old school. And damn proud of it.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6720|Devon, England

colt.45 wrote:

i only use it for fps console games.
same here.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6677
i used to use it for many years until wow fucked it up for me... wish i could use it again but somehow it doesnt work anymore - the magic is gone
Choclot
+21|6572
I cant even use inverted on consol controllers lol
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6589|The real world
For helos and aircraft
Defiance
+438|6700

I used to from the beginning playstation games I played up to my first PS2 and computer games. One day however, I woke up and out of the blue I couldn't use it at all.

So now I use normal for everything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard