Alleycat1969
+21|6794
Hey Dudes...

Just a Question... am i the only one whom has noticed how weak the heli armor is I flew into a flag pole and the chop exploded ? Maybee it is a bit more realistic to "real life " but I dont like it ...Booo Hoooo ( sitting in corner and peeling my orange) 
Guess I wil have to go play more poe.... 

Cat
therealnicoli
+5|6714
Im sure you just flew into the pole a bit too fast!
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6664|UK

therealnicoli wrote:

ditto
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6669|Finland

Flagpoles have never been the helicopters best friend..

The art of choppering requires a skill in not bumping into stuff.
I need around tree fiddy.
SEMPER
+4|6497
Sometimes its better not to hit flag poles in a helicopter
Alleycat1969
+21|6794
LOL.............. I know  a flag pole is hard......... LOL and not meant to be used as a air bag....and yes I did hit it very fast. BUT ...BUT...I did a test on a sigle player map to check if this really the case and  flew the chop gently into a flag pole and it took half damage , another bump and I was "beeping " like a buzard ...so in my opinion they have screwed with the armour..
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6669|Finland

It's not a bumber car!

end
I need around tree fiddy.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6747|austria

DonFck wrote:

Flagpoles have never been the helicopters best friend..

The art of choppering requires a skill in not bumping into stuff.
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6583|Doncaster, UK
Yes, they have screwed with the heli's but I thought it was to increase the armour on the transport helis.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6500|A W S M F O X
thank god they havent lowered the damage on the attack chopper guns, the hind gun is just ridiculously weak. Its like the mini gun, but with splash damage.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6574|Search Whore killing fields
Im not going to ask how you hit a flag pole.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6574|Search Whore killing fields

JET_G raidensen wrote:

thank god they havent lowered the damage on the attack chopper guns, the hind gun is just ridiculously weak. Its like the mini gun, but with splash damage.
You actually still use the gunner seat in the hind? I dont even use the hind period. Longbow is the greatest chopper alive
LeRodinchen
+2|6512|Vienna, AT

Alleycat1969 wrote:

Hey Dudes...

Just a Question... am i the only one whom has noticed how weak the heli armor is I flew into a flag pole and the chop exploded ? Maybee it is a bit more realistic to "real life " but I dont like it ...Booo Hoooo ( sitting in corner and peeling my orange) 
Guess I wil have to go play more poe.... 

Cat
I guess he is right, i made the same experience yesterday, but ill try that out once again today to get sure about that. It seems that attack helicopters simply get a bit more damage when touching something since 1.4 patch.

Sure, flogpales are not a choppers best friend, neither are trees, towers, whatever.
velocitychaos
+26|6533|Brisbane Australia
Dude.....i think you just need to keep away from solid objects........period, and get a good gunner!
LeRodinchen
+2|6512|Vienna, AT

velocitychaos wrote:

Dude.....i think you just need to keep away from solid objects........period, and get a good gunner!
sure you have to keep away from solid object, thats not the point. the discussion is about how much damage you take when touching an object, before and after the patch - thats all!
Delphy
+45|6622|Bristol, UK
Yeah, it's overdone. You lose like half health for just scraping a building or something, even slowly.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6657|Mhz

combat choppers are the same as 1.3, they increased the armor on BHs and "sky cows" thats all
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6540|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

liquidat0r wrote:

therealnicoli wrote:

ditto
Yep
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6731|Howell, Mi USA
Choppers have been weak for a while now dude, where have u been?

and hitting a flagpole usually = death
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Septimius2
+9|6506

Alleycat1969 wrote:

LOL.............. I know  a flag pole is hard......... LOL and not meant to be used as a air bag....and yes I did hit it very fast. BUT ...BUT...I did a test on a sigle player map to check if this really the case and  flew the chop gently into a flag pole and it took half damage , another bump and I was "beeping " like a buzard ...so in my opinion they have screwed with the armour..
this ALMOST sounds like a Penthouse Letter!!

almost.. im not a sicko
Scratch[USA]
+105|6584

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

combat choppers are the same as 1.3, they increased the armor on BHs and "sky cows" thats all
My .02.

What Helicopter where you in?
Alleycat1969
+21|6794
Well it was the US chopper flown from the aircraft carrier on Dragon Valley..to the flag on the top of that high hill................

I am used to getting a few bumps when flying , but when you touch anything the damage is disprportionate..

It is made of metal not paper mashee
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6685|I smell corners

therealnicoli wrote:

spray_and_pray
+52|6528|Perth. Western Australia
metal wow you know there are lots of different types of metal one example a passenger jet made of re enforced aluminium metal yet can be pierced by bullets piss easy.
docnutz
+39|6796|B O S T ON area
trees hurt

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard