CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
I don't feel like reading through 5 pages, but has anyone on here played America's Army? You can't even shoot while crouching in that game, and it takes like 5 seconds to stand up. Trust me, BF2 is lightning quick compared to America's Army.

The only difference is, you can kill people whilest standing up in America's Army.
Krysiss
+15|6445|NL

Cheddarmuff wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Every single decent player I've spoken to is unhappy with this patch.

Every single newbie or casual player has told me to stfu.

I see a pattern here.
Sarge, why is a person either good or a noob/casual player?  And what do you define a casual player as...someone who doesn't care about stats or someone who has less than 3-5 hours a day on BF2?

I don't consider myself a noob (usually end rounds with a 2:1 or greater KDR....old noob days furt the ratio but look at history, steadily climbing) and I am quite happy with the patch.  Anything that actually allows me to PLAY the game without constant crashes is fine by me.

Sure the playing style has canged from 1.12 to 1.14...can no longer chuck C4, PKM was ok then super then ok then crap, noob toobing has changed, and clay whoring has gone up and down.  That is all fine, I can learn to adapt.

Lighten up on the general assumptions and stereotypes....
Don't tell lies because stats don't lie

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-07 05:45:35)

jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6626|Cambridge, England
definition of fair: free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice

prone spaming and dolphin diving gave players an unfair advantage.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6539

jimmanycricket wrote:

Yeah, and good aiming gives even an further advantage. Please DICE, in Patch 1.5 we want aimbots for everyone.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624

jimmanycricket wrote:

Did you read my OP? Do you actually realise that this thread is not about dolphin diving/bunny hopping?

Do you also realise that it is not unfair at all, as no one is restriced from doing it?

CrazeD, that's the thing, in bf2 you generally go prone to shoot, in AA and CS you stand up. It's not in the least bit practical to try to kill someone while standing up in BF2. Two completely different styles of play.

Also, thank you Bob.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6624

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Wow you're a fucking moron. They may have taken out BH and PS but they have in general ruined infantry. If you drop to shoot someone then another person comes round the corner you are helpless. Now all ou unskillfull people with no reflexes are abililty to think quickly might love this but for people who like a fast game, their game has just been ruined.
What, 2 people working together are more powerful than one?  THOSE BASTARDS!  This isn't supposed to be a team game!  WTF!!  Going prone when there are multiple enemies in close proximity makes you 'helpless'?  FFS!!!  What next?  Working AA like PoE??!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111
Mr.Pieeater
+116|6595|Cherry Pie
I haven't noticed any difference in play that would affect me...  I think you guys just need to chill and realize ITS A FREAKING VIDEOGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bla
Xristos1
God's Little Squirt
+18|6638|Colorado
For me the difference is that, now I can't change up my fire fight with the enemy.  I have to either take them down standing up, crouching, or prone.  I can't go from shooting at them standing, then go prone to finish them off, or vice versa.  You just have to pick the one that works best for the enemy you're facing.  If you come up on a guy that is standing and shooting... I would go prone to compensate for the accuracy loss of his standing.  If he goes prone, I would strafe around him while shooting and hope to get the kill. Shit I will even jump to prone and start shooting.  Many many times I've got the kill that way... even with the delay in shooting. 

You kids have to learn to either adapt or go back to momma...

Pissing and moaning about patches only gets you a big box of Kotex from me. 
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6667|Germany
Oh,the irony.....SargeV1.4 can't live with BF2 1.4.....*Muhahahahaha*
docnutz
+39|6730|B O S T ON area

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Oh,the irony.....SargeV1.4 can't live with BF2 1.4.....*Muhahahahaha*
Muhahhahahahahaaaaa?   Oh shit!  No he didn't!!!!!!!!!!
Aphex_D
I live for the 306
+26|6612|Uk
Can someone please say they liked Patch 1.4 who used to play before 1.2/1.12?

No-one?
Buzerk1
+44|6807

Aphex_D wrote:

No-one?
I do... and check the number of servers and people playing it.... that should answer your question.
DVSAZN
+0|6468
You know what really sucks so far about the patch, and this is my only real complaint... You want to get rid of prone spamming fine... I have no problem with that, but they've added this inability to fire when getting up from prone position for about 1 second...

That is so damn fucking stupid... If there are multiple people in front of me I can't get up and reposition myself to fire or pop off a few shots while I'm getting up... I've died to many times because of this already... How the hell do you adapt to that? Stay standing up and make urself an easy target?!?!?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6624

Aphex_D wrote:

No-one?
Me.  Started when it was version 1.01.  Good enough?
Rogue_granny
+22|6537
Ive been playing this game since it first came out, been ranked in the top 20 been the number 1 medic and assault rifle and truly i can say this patch is okay.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6515|Sverige (SWE)
seams ok to me....
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6463
I find this patch ok now, just took some getting used too.

Even though servers still crash, they don't crash as much and when they do they reboot straight away.

Last edited by Doggehspike (2006-09-07 09:05:37)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Aphex_D wrote:

No-one?
Me.  Started when it was version 1.01.  Good enough?
I started playing on the origional version, and i think 1.4 is great. and works fine
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
JohnnyBlanco
+44|6542|England
The patch hasnt ruined the game but its a pain in the arse when experianced player have to re-adapt to the new gameplay, again, because ea have pandered to the noobs. Its a testament to how good a game bf2 is that most players have stuck with it through all the patches, but ffs sake dice make your mind up. IMO v1 was cool, god i miss 600m tv, c4 chucking and the flying tank. While alot of these features were arguably unfair at the end of the day they could be used by everyone so it wasnt as if select players had an advantage, if you were skilled enough to utilise these things than imo you deserved the extra points they brought about. And while some may argue that ea/dice are profit driven and therefor have to account for casual players lack of skill, one could also argue if they keep the proper gamers sweet they could run bf2 ser vers for another couple of years and keep netting the server rental income. Which must be a shit load.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6623

Krysiss wrote:

Cheddarmuff wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Every single decent player I've spoken to is unhappy with this patch.

Every single newbie or casual player has told me to stfu.

I see a pattern here.
Sarge, why is a person either good or a noob/casual player?  And what do you define a casual player as...someone who doesn't care about stats or someone who has less than 3-5 hours a day on BF2?

I don't consider myself a noob (usually end rounds with a 2:1 or greater KDR....old noob days furt the ratio but look at history, steadily climbing) and I am quite happy with the patch.  Anything that actually allows me to PLAY the game without constant crashes is fine by me.

Sure the playing style has canged from 1.12 to 1.14...can no longer chuck C4, PKM was ok then super then ok then crap, noob toobing has changed, and clay whoring has gone up and down.  That is all fine, I can learn to adapt.

Lighten up on the general assumptions and stereotypes....
Don't tell lies because stats don't lie
What the hell are you talking about...??  What the hell am I "lying" about?  If you are talking about the KDR, my current rounds are 2:1 these days, how the hell do you explain a constant improvement in the ratio...if I was a 1:1 it would go nowhere...law of averages and big numbers.

Man up or shut the hell up.

*Edit....nice teamwork, I assume this is you:  http://bf2s.com/player/68062585/  one of those medics that doesn't help their teammates and is only interested in healing themselves...nice, you are right, stats don't lie...NEXT!

Last edited by Cheddarmuff (2006-09-07 10:12:59)

Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6633|Groningen, The Netherlands
I think this patch is good, only Jalalabad isnt really worth it
Ill have to adapt to the slower movement and all, but something I found out is that pump action shotguns really work well on prone people.
They just cant get away anymore
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Wow you're a fucking moron. They may have taken out BH and PS but they have in general ruined infantry. If you drop to shoot someone then another person comes round the corner you are helpless. Now all ou unskillfull people with no reflexes are abililty to think quickly might love this but for people who like a fast game, their game has just been ruined.
What, 2 people working together are more powerful than one?  THOSE BASTARDS!  This isn't supposed to be a team game!  WTF!!  Going prone when there are multiple enemies in close proximity makes you 'helpless'?  FFS!!!  What next?  Working AA like PoE??!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111
Exactly.  Realisticly, soldiers here speak out, who in there right mind would go prone in a heated CQC alleyway situation.  You would be sprinting, crouching, strafing, and snap-shooting.  The only time you would prone in CQC is to seek cover.  In medium/long range engagements, going prone for accuracy does make sense, but not when the enemy is point blank.  Plain and simple, going point blank proning is to simply taking advantage of the hitbox issue, accuracy aside.

Firing delay going from prone does make sense.  How many people going from prone, holding a gun, can get up without at least using your elbow or arm to get up.  The firing delay duplicates the time it actually needs to get up and shoot with accuracy.

Regarding 2142, accuracy has increased versus BF2.  CQC proners are dead meat versus strafers.  Snap shooting from cover actually works.  My 2142 Engineer SMG 13:1 K/D is proof of that.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-09-07 10:34:19)

Delphy
+45|6556|Bristol, UK
I agree with Sarge. The troops in this game are wheezing lardy morons who can only; run for 7 seconds before practially having an asthma attack, they can't jump and shoot, run and shoot, they take like a second to go prone/get up... guh. God its so irritating the way Dice has this compunction to NERF something every patch that was totally fine as it was.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality

Aphex_D wrote:

No-one?
OK

I like 1.4

You are welcome.

Bye now.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality
Wow I am karma'ed out. Never happened before and all in this thread too!
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard