Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6707|Germany

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Zanzura wrote:

Infantry only mode is like... stupid. And gay. But mostly stupid. Here's how you win in Infantry only. Play a city map. Be a medic. Revive, grenade spam, spray and pray. Points. GG. Anti-tank and engineer are absolutely useless on certain maps when it's infantry only. The only reason you would want to use those 2 are for the shotgun. Seriously, they should've just made IO an unranked server option only. It's basically a mode that screams "START A 24/7 KARKAND SERVER AND LET EVERYONE PAD THEIR STATS LOL."
*dies banging head on desk*
Bang as long as you want,but he's right.

Regarding the patch - what did it actually fix?

The server browser is still f*cked up,the favorites still disappear and after 3-10 rounds on the server you get the "usual" connection problem server crash....

And the new anti-prone spam delays made the sniper scope shake even when going from prone to crouch,which needs a little time to get used to.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-05 13:25:21)

Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6503
This patch just fucked the hole game up, Ok ok dolphin diving gone? Yeah sure that's fare but just noticed people can still do it and will. This time while jumping and going prone in mid air you can basically snipe the guy with any gun, I've been taken out around 3 times which the tier 3 medic gun while there diving and I have a G3, one shot each time btw oh oh oh and also with a hand gun. New map sucks monkey balls, seriously it's ghay. There's something wrong with crouching and shooting now, it just stalls the gun so it wont fire for around 5 seconds after crouching. Which is totally stupid. CTD while starting up, oh sorry forgot DICE cant code for shit. I give in with this game, DICE are only making patching with shit we don't want.... AND they haven't even fixed the fucking wall exploits.

Just want to thank all those whinny bitches that got the game nerfed, and probably will keep getting it nerfed until it's so fucking easy all you have to do is shoot one bullet and it'll take the other team down. fags.
TheGiantSE
+14|6482|Sweden

Mr.H@x0r wrote:

anyone???????????????????????? how do i find out if i have beta installed
The correct incrimental patch shoul be 147067375 b
The wrong one is 147741044 b

So look for the first one!

Hope this helps and if I'm wrong please correct me
Rec(+)n
Teh Hawtsawce
+4|6468

Harmonics wrote:

Rec(+)n wrote:

I finished downloading and installing it, but i'm scared to start the game up :[
I wouldnt, it sent my computer into a complete spaz.

I'm selling my game on ebay to try and recoup the £30 I spent on it.

Although anyone with any common sense wont waste their money.
Works fine, im kind of surprised
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6773

fierce wrote:

There's a myth that renaming your Bf2.exe to something else, e.g. cosworthsbf2.exe reduced the amount of ressources eaten by your graphic drivers. A lot of players forget to rename back their "custom-bf2.exe" to bf2.exe before they patch and therefore the game crashes to desktop everytime they start it.
Don't know if this was cleared up, but here's the exact reason. Video cards have "Optimizations" for many games, which in the end does more resource hogging and degrades performace than optimizing. They do this by identifying the executable that is using the video card by name. BF2.exe is one of those files, so by renaming it, the driver no longer identifies the game as "Optimizable" and you get better performance.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6578

Zanzura wrote:

[...]Medics run around reviving people and throwing med packs everywhere, while support proceeds to spam ammo bags and throw grenades everywhere. That's not fun. That's retarded. Not only is nade spamming in this mode the most efficient way of killing people, you get mass points as well.[...]
I know what you mean, i've seen this since i play BF2 even without an Infantry Only Mode. Your arguement is less then valid, i would rather say incredible shit against the Infantry Only mode.

I never ever read one valid arguement against Infantry Only, do you know why? There's none...

And now take a look at posting #97, read it, try to understand it and keep your upcoming brainfarts to yourself.
super6-4{NS}
+0|6475
im not surprised with the probs in 1.4 they left DICE canada in charge of the patching ahahahah bad move OH CANADA
SealTeam81
+2|6456|USA

Drykill wrote:

Well first off I can't log into my account. I can't ctrl + alt + del out of it either so I have to restart to get out of it, anyone else having this issue?
Yeah...I'm having the same problem as this guy!
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6677|United States

Zanzura wrote:

I'm not complaining about point whoring. I'm complaining because Infantry only is just dumb. Most of the people that I've played with in infantry only were medics, and support. Medics run around reviving people and throwing med packs everywhere, while support proceeds to spam ammo bags and throw grenades everywhere. That's not fun. That's retarded. Not only is nade spamming in this mode the most efficient way of killing people, you get mass points as well. So point whores are going to especially enjoy this mode. Which also means that every infantry only server is going to contain these people thus making the game mode not fun at all.
So don't play it!!!
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6518|Bournemouth, South England
No massive probs yet, apart from laggy moments on road to jailbait.

Took a while to "Verify Client Data" again, my pet BF2 hate!!!!

PS.   GRRRRRR
deathshead67
+-7|6586
Roadkills are impossible now with vehicle EA YOU SUX
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6576|England

deathshead67 wrote:

Roadkills are impossible now with vehicle EA YOU SUX
Eat shit. That is complete bollocks. I got 5 on Jalalalabad earlier with the same FAV. Its not EA that "sux", it is you that sucks.
Hell, I even got some with a tank on Smoke Screen.

I have had no problems with 1.4 at all. The new map is superb, no crashes - nothing. Infact, I swear that when joining a server, it loads a LOT quicker than it used to (can tell by the music).

The only small problem I have with the patch, is that the server browser is still a little dodgy - the pings all seem weird and clicking multiple times on the same server doesnt update the ping or the ingame scores on the player list. It can only be done by clicking on another server and then back on the original one again.
But thats quite minor - the game works, no crashing - nothing.

Only server I had connection problems on was the TV2 Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalabad server, but others were fine. TV2 servers seem to have something wrong with them anyway since all TV2 servers crash.

Last edited by Snake (2006-09-05 14:45:31)

Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6682|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Meh, fine. But the point is Infantry only on most ranked servers is going to be pure stupidity and I recommend everyone to avoid ranked Infantry only servers, unless you want to get some easy points.

I dislike the changes to the infantry. It feels like you're controlling this really handicapped soldier who is slow as hell to raise his god damn gun and aim.

"Oh shit, there's the enemy... better get up... ok now... gotta think what I am supposed to do now? Oh right, raise my rifle and point it at him... ok... uhh... shit... now what, oh right FIRE!"

EDIT: I also haven't had any crashes so far.

Last edited by Zanzura (2006-09-05 14:50:28)

kardinalios
+7|6702|Greece
Complain page....
I have the EA downloader.
I already have download the Incremental but cant install it...
Error 32791:5
Generic problem with the download content service.
There is a problem with the download service.You should try again later.

I'm trying for the last 5 hours to install it!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6637|Los Angeles, California, US.
None of you will ever be Fucking happy, Will you?
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6496|"Near Det.", MI
It took 6min to download the incremental file...I have a very proud 1MB connection.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

^AgentHawk wrote:

It took 6min to download the incremental file...I have a very proud 1MB connection.
Thats your Complaint?
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
FirePhoenix
+18|6650|hamilton, scotland
i complain that the incremental patch makes me crash to desktop, the 1.3 patch worked fine with my system.
kardinalios
+7|6702|Greece

DaReJa wrote:

This is the first game i ever bought.
Not copy,not cracked,not gift,no borrowed.BOUGHT!
More than a 100 Euroz for vanila,SF,AF,EF.

Cant play it for the last 3 months cause of crash.And now,cant install it...

How can i be happy?

Last edited by kardinalios (2006-09-05 15:01:42)

DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

kardinalios wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

Not copy,not cracked,not stolen.BOUGHT!

How can i be happy?
Your Copy Sucks, My Game did none of what you speak of.
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
kardinalios
+7|6702|Greece

DaReJa wrote:

kardinalios wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

How can i be happy?
Maybe cause your dad has the EA...

And im not the only one whos complain about 1.3 patch...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6708

Me on two other threads wrote:

Its incredibly infuriating that they're taking out prone spamming and dolphin diving. All I've had to do since I've gotten this game since
1.12: I've done naught but adapt time and time again so that the mentally challenged stand a chance. I mainly did C4 throwing, tossing it like a frisbee, and blowing it up in their faces.
Noobthatgotraped: OMG THATS NOOBISH YOU NOOB NERF NERF!
1.21: Its gone now, no more C4 throwing. So, I went medic and dolphin diving and prone spamming.
Noobthatgotraped: WOW THATS SO NOOBISH YOU FAGGOT GLITCHER OMG GET SKILL.
1.3: Still faintly there, still the same bitching, and the same kick reasons.
1.4: Removed, its gone now. The game is now in possession of the skilless, but I'm sure they'll stop playing because they've got nothing to bitch about anymore, but I'm sure they'll think of something.
"But Psp, theres Road to Jalalabad, and no vehicles."
Whooptifucking-doo, Karkand reincarnated, and no vehicles, oh boy, what are we gonna do? March in columns and and stand up and spray at the enemy?
"Well, why don't you snipe"
I would, but I apparently you're not allowed to stand up and shoot, just like in real life.
Way to go DICE, you've given the game to the skilless. Why can't you stupid fucks adapt to ME for once, eh?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin

kardinalios wrote:

DaReJa wrote:

kardinalios wrote:

How can i be happy?
Maybe cause your dad has the EA...

And im not the only one whos complain about 1.3 patch...
This is 1.4 and WTF is with the childish bringing Parents in to this, Grow Up FFS.
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
Defiance
+438|6681

I'm not even going to go download it, fuck this shit.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6606

Defiance wrote:

I'm not even going to go download it, fuck this shit.
Good call.  Don't download it.

I can still prone spam, meaning me, as in I MorbiD.ShoT can still prone spam.  I mean I've played the patch for the past 3 hours, I've gotten connection problems on 4 different servers (Jalalabad, Wake, Karkand, and Wake to make sure it wasn't that server) and I had one connection to the server was lost.

Prone spamming in 1.4 is something that they should've fixed.  The patch is shit, the new map is horrendous because the person that can aim the gun at someone's head the longest wins.  Although I'll win because I can still prone spam, although I won't use it.  I thought they were supposed to fix that? 

Also they didn't touch the J-10.  Wtf.  The F-35 is still a magnet for rockets, and I've even been hit by an IGLA near north base on an IGLA fired from Airfield.

This patch blows.  It didn't change anything that it said it was going to.  I cannot wait for 2142 because it looks like this patch was the dagger in the heart for alot of BF2 players...including myself.

Peace out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard