Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6624|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Because I finally got my expert assault and our team was about to win, then the server restarted.  I asked the admin what happened and he said he didn't know.  I think he did it because he had a bad round, so can an admin restart a server at anytime to make the round disappear in the stats?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK
It most likely crashed. But, yes an admin can restart it at any time
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
It didn't look anything like a bf2 crash that I have ever seen.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6521|Somewhere else

hell, ive been on a server where an admin paused the round and wouldnt unpause until everyone agreed to play fair....
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK

Reject_Wolf wrote:

Not a bf2 crash. A server crash. All you get is:

"There is a problem with your connection"
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
{TA} Firestorm always paused on Karkand to make people even the teams even though we couldn't switch because it was paused.
Fujin
+18|6588
I'm Gonna Take My Ball And Go Home If You Guys Don't Play Fair!

Lolroflmao
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK

Reject_Wolf wrote:

{TA} Firestorm always paused on Karkand to make people even the teams even though we couldn't switch because it was paused.
I think the idea behind pausing is that you then have no choice but to pay attention to the admin messages
HeimdalX
+37|6692

RoosterCantrell wrote:

hell, ive been on a server where an admin paused the round and wouldnt unpause until everyone agreed to play fair....
I love when admins do this... you can't even talk back when its paused. Idiots.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict

liquidat0r wrote:

Reject_Wolf wrote:

I meant to say like any crash I have seen on BF2 which would include the server crash.  But no, it must have been a restart then.  Well, at least I have pictures of my badge...
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6669|UK

Reject_Wolf wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Reject_Wolf wrote:

I meant to say like any crash I have seen on BF2 which would include the server crash.  But no, it must have been a restart then.  Well, at least I have pictures of my badge...
From a clients point of view a server crash and a server restart look exactly the same. I am a server admin, i think i should know
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6593|The Land of Claywhore
I believe some admins use the 1.3 crashing bug as an excuse to reset a round that's not going their way.Too many times have i seen rounds where the admins team gets hammered and w/ just a few tickets left,the server "mysteriously" resets or crashes.

I think it happens more than most people realize and nobody thinks anything of it.Yeah!It's a known bug and its going to happen but i would'nt doubt at all if admins exploit it so they don't get that purple heart or worst enemy in their stats.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6699|California
Im starting to think that 1.3 isnt the reason for so many crashes, its the clans and admins upset that they are losing.

Im with you on that one bro....

Its one of those "theres a problem with your connection"

BUT it last hella long...

Am I right?
HeimdalX
+37|6692

liquidat0r wrote:

Reject_Wolf wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

From a clients point of view a server crash and a server restart look exactly the same. I am a server admin, i think i should know
Restarts are faster generally. Crashes hang for 15-20 seconds before they are detected and the server is restarted. As a server admin I think you should know that.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6587
You don't have to be an admin to crash a server. It's pretty simple if you know what causes it and i've seen people do it on purpose because they had a bad round. EA, HOTFIX IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
Yeah, this restart happened immediately.
dubbs
+105|6673|Lexington, KY
I would like to say that not all admins can restart the server.  Depending on your rights, an admin can restart the round, this basically ends the round at that point, and will look like you just ended the round.  Basically it comes down to how much power the person who set up the admin account allows you to have.
Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6536|Sydney, Australia
Yeah, it does feel like a conspiracy at times, but usually I just give the admins the benefit of the doubt and quit the server. The most annoying thing is that all your points and awards gets lost when the server crashes leaving you with nothing but terrible Score Per Hour stats.
Burks
+2|6685
A lot of times people come back to our server and bitch about us restarting the server to pad our stats. We sure did....considering our team was winning and most of us were over 100 points. Idiots.

An admin can restart a server. If we do that we'll give the players a warning well before doing so. At times the server will lag like hell and after a restart, be just fine.
137twozerosniper
+57|6606|UK
dumb ass the pause is wen the admin wants a piss so he doesnt get raped
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6871
As a server admin I can tell you the server DOES crash, it DOES loose us our medals too and it can be restarted after a crash in a matter of seconds as I have the browser window open and ready in the background so everyone can get back to the fight asap.
JG1567JG
+110|6630|United States of America

Vub wrote:

Yeah, it does feel like a conspiracy at times, but usually I just give the admins the benefit of the doubt and quit the server. The most annoying thing is that all your points and awards gets lost when the server crashes leaving you with nothing but terrible Score Per Hour stats.
If the server crashes and you don't get the points and awards I doubt very much if it is going to log your time and hurt your SPM
KovertKila
+0|6519
Depends on the admin access, but yeah they can restart the server, but often times when something like that happens it's a crash.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6661|Manitowoc, WI

JG1567JG wrote:

Vub wrote:

If the server crashes and you don't get the points and awards I doubt very much if it is going to log your time and hurt your SPM
Right, it's as if you never played the round.  All score, medals, and time logged will be erased.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6685
one time i was playing and the admin paused the round and told me to get out of the tank or he would kick me.

dick!

when he restarted i blew him away and left before he could kick me lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard