AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6640|Seattle, WA
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s … 21,00.html
CROCODILE Hunter Steve Irwin has died after a stringray barb caught him in the chest.

The 44-year-old international TV star was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the incident happened.

Ambulance officers received a call to a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef.  The Queensland Ambulance Service said the call was received about 11am and an emergency services helicopter was flown to the boat with a doctor and emergency services paramedic on board.

Irwin had a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Irwin leaves his wife Terri and young children Bob and and Bindi.

His wife is understood to be trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and has yet to be told of her husband's death.

The blonde star of Crocodile Hunter, who made khaki shorts and boots his uniform all year round, was an Australian icon.

But his reptile wrestling antics thrilled overseas audiences even more and he became a fixture on US television in the past decade.

The son of naturalists Bob and Lyn Irwin, Steve learned to live with dangerous reptiles from a young age at the family’s Queensland Reptile and Fauna Park.

He opened his own Australia Zoo in Queensland in 1991, leading him to record the hugely popular Crocodile Hunter the following year.

His catchcry of “Crikey!” brought the unfashionable Aussie phrase back into vogue.

Irwin’s work had a serious side. He was recently made the face of Australia’s quarantine laws and appeared in TV advertisements urging travellers not to endanger Australia’s unique flora and fauna by bringing in foreign specimens.

For all his love of animals, Irwin’s first duty was to his US-born wife, Terri Reines, who appeared by his side from the very first episode of the Crocodile Hunter. In 1998, their daughter Bindi Sue was born and drafted straight into the family business.

A son, Robert Clarence, was born in 2003 and Irwin made world headlines - and suffered a dent on his popularity - when he carried the baby boy with him whilst hand-feeding crocodiles, leading critics to accuse him of neglect.
He will truly be missed.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6482|Melbourne

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=738664#p738664

Thats the Main Topic,

Feel free to repost the info here in there or pay your respects to Steve Irwin.

Don't worry no one will bite you head of for double posting.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-09-03 23:11:15)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6640|Seattle, WA
Another forum though, Not BF2s, Not BF2, hardly a double post. 

Thought I would put it here in the serious section, makes sense I think. 
R3v4n
+433|6482|Melbourne

I didnt mean anything by saying double post, just like theres another topic which has other stufff you can look at if you like, but thanks for the info.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6640|Seattle, WA

R3v4n wrote:

I didnt mean anything by saying double post, just like theres another topic which has other stufff you can look at if you like, but thanks for the info.
I didn't mean to be offensive if thats the case you thought, sorry!!

Yeah, sad sad stuff.  Prayers and thoughts for his family.
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6739|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
he was a bit of a larrikin and possibly under appreciated in australia . but my kids loved him . its sad to see him go
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6806|Nårvei

Damn, i loved his shows
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
R3v4n
+433|6482|Melbourne

That it is,
here here to an Aussie Icon, you will be missed.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6737

Sure will, Im adopting your sig goody....
R3v4n
+433|6482|Melbourne

Thats fine, but credits go to Choumichel though, +1 him for his hard work and graditude to Steve Irwin.
AlbertWesker[RE]
Not Human Anymore
+144|6640|Seattle, WA

R3v4n wrote:

Thats fine, but credits go to Choumichel though, +1 him for his hard work and graditude to Steve Irwin.
And make that a double yoink.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6654|BC, Canada
to bad... he made alot of people smile....
rest in peace.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6654|BC, Canada
props to all the people who went around the last topics on this and pointed out the other topics about it...
someone is dead and you have to show your e-penis... your good people.
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6473|H-Town
Damn.........I watched that show............RIP Steve, never thought that would happen to him.

Jusster
BVC
+325|6691
Rip
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6577|SE London

He'll be really missed. He was an absolute legend.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6668|A sunburnt country
"THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas."

Source: News.com.au

OMFG, who would have thought [sarcasm]??
jeffpod
+14|6583
Crikey!!!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
The hells a "barb"???
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6701|Antarctica
Is this for real?  Sounds too fake....
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6668|A sunburnt country
It is being reported on all our news services down here
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6640|Camoran's Paradise
I'm hesitant to believe it.  It sounds real but none of the local (US) news sources have reported it yet.

EDIT: Confirmed by ABC news.  Stever Irwin is no more.  Stung through the heart by a stingray. 
IRONY NOTE: The Crocodile Hunter (who cheated death with poison snakes and reptiles) was killed by a fish.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2006-09-03 22:00:42)

ozzie_johnson
+98|6653|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
ahhh noooo.
alpinestar
+304|6592|New York City baby.
anyone seen episode of south park where he gets eaten by a crocodile ?
Well shit, looks like south park is a documentary after all.
J=MAN
+25|6653|OZ
Bugger me - it's true!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard