Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Controlled immigration of people who are a net benefit to the country - Yes

Uncontrolled migration of people who are no benefit and want to leave their country because its full of people like them - No
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Weren't you a kid when you came over? If so, not exactly producing anything, a burden on Australian education, and you might have possibly turned into a criminal anyway? Should've just sent you back?
Larssen
+99|1887

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uncontrolled migration of people who are no benefit and want to leave their country because its full of people like them - No
Define net benefit
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3719

Larssen wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Define net benefit
Pays taxes and doesn't commit crime.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3452

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Weren't you a kid when you came over? If so, not exactly producing anything, a burden on Australian education, and you might have possibly turned into a criminal anyway? Should've just sent you back?
it's worse. he took a free university education in the UK and then left the country. a net drain on my society. literally white trash.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

things that make you go oof
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You guys, we've done this before.

I worked in the UK ten years as an engineer - I'm sure I repaid the pittance my degree cost many times over in tax, plus the millions of dollars of actual work I did -  and came to Aus as a chartered engineer, skilled migration cost me almost nothing.

I'm not going to claim we repaid the millions we cost the UK govt, the ruined careers, the deaths etc, sow the wind reap the whirlwind as they say.

Anyhoo, I think a country should be free to decide who it lets in, not just have to take in anyone.

On topic: Apparently I'm supposed to have a near death experience to trigger the vaccine induce mutations.

Any suggestions?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Speak to Prof X about unlocking your latent mutant energies.
Larssen
+99|1887

Dilbert_X wrote:

You guys, we've done this before.

I worked in the UK ten years as an engineer - I'm sure I repaid the pittance my degree cost many times over in tax, plus the millions of dollars of actual work I did -  and came to Aus as a chartered engineer, skilled migration cost me almost nothing.

I'm not going to claim we repaid the millions we cost the UK govt, the ruined careers, the deaths etc, sow the wind reap the whirlwind as they say.

Anyhoo, I think a country should be free to decide who it lets in, not just have to take in anyone.

On topic: Apparently I'm supposed to have a near death experience to trigger the vaccine induce mutations.

Any suggestions?
Dilbert if you acquaint yourself with australian immigration requirements you'll maybe notice it's one of the strictest regimes on the planet. Only a very select few can enter or get citizenship without proper papers, proof of residency & employment. So 'as a rule' anyone who enters is deemed a 'net benefit' at first sight.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Australia won't even let Australians into Australia.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Believe it or not there's a pandemic happening

Also incredible as it may seem if 40,000 people decide to take a foreign trip every month the queue to get back in doesn't get shorter.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

That's strangely misplaced rhetoric considering this thread is modern day BF2S legend. How many pages were we actively mocking jay's page 1 "just the flu" stuff? 60? 80?

Yes, dilbert. There is a pandemic happening. Imagine if you could do stuff like build quarantine facilities and test/hold instead of granting exit exemptions only to turn around and criminally charge people if they return. The internet is full of sad anecdotes about Australians who were betrayed by your government.
Larssen
+99|1887

Dilbert_X wrote:

Also incredible as it may seem if 40,000 people decide to take a foreign trip every month the queue to get back in doesn't get shorter.
The australian government only allows entry into the country based on individual exemption. How that exemption is determined is probably based on factors such as family reunification, employment in essential jobs, or people who have been fully vaccinated.

What, exactly, do you propose. How is that not enough.

The same goes for immigration in a broader sense. There's a whole list of requirements you have to satisfy to be granted a working visa and residence permit. Why is it not good enough, or do you want to add some bizzaro rules that allow for arbitrary rejection or revocation?
uziq
+492|3452

Dilbert_X wrote:

australia has the lowest rates of vaccination right now of any OECD country. you're at like 4-5%.

meanwhile you yourself evince vaccine skepticism and say you won't have it.

half of australia is back under lockdown.

this will continue interminably as long as any every variant turns up on your shores (inevitably it will; you can't turn the whole country into a sterile zone).

you'll still be shaking your head no-no at a vaccine when the lambda and gamma variants are here (peru and brazil are brewing them up).

you're part of the problem but you don't see it.

UK full re-opening after 60-70% vaccination. sky-high cases but the same deaths as korea or taiwan.

it's almost like science works. but why am i telling you this? i thought you were the SCIENTIST.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

australia has the lowest rates of vaccination right now of any OECD country. you're at like 4-5%.
No we're at, like, 12% which is not good but AZ has been a disaster and the jews barged the queue and took our vaccines.

meanwhile you yourself evince vaccine skepticism and say you won't have it.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Got my jab, I can literally feel my RNA being manipulated.

Sprinkled iron filings on the injection site - no result

Tomorrow I'll check it with a RF spectrum analyser, but I'm guessing any microchips will need a polyphasic multi-frequency encrypted algorithm to trigger a handshake so its probably a waste of time.
half of australia is back under lockdown.
Um no it isn't

this will continue interminably as long as any every variant turns up on your shores (inevitably it will; you can't turn the whole country into a sterile zone).
Isn't it a shame that

- China kept this outbreak secret for months when they could have admitted a novel virus had escaped and a pandemic was in the offing

- China bullied the WHO into not declaring a pandemic and quarantining them when they should have.

you'll still be shaking your head no-no at a vaccine when the lambda and gamma variants are here (peru and brazil are brewing them up).

you're part of the problem but you don't see it.

UK full re-opening after 60-70% vaccination. sky-high cases but the same deaths as korea or taiwan.

it's almost like science works. but why am i telling you this? i thought you were the SCIENTIST.
Well then there's no prospect of vaccines keeping ahead of this thing so what is your solution?

Crimping international travel is a very small price to pay for containing and killing new variants of this thing, instead of allowing every variant to infect the whole world.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The australian government only allows entry into the country based on individual exemption. How that exemption is determined is probably based on factors such as family reunification, employment in essential jobs, or people who have been fully vaccinated.

What, exactly, do you propose. How is that not enough.

The same goes for immigration in a broader sense. There's a whole list of requirements you have to satisfy to be granted a working visa and residence permit. Why is it not good enough, or do you want to add some bizzaro rules that allow for arbitrary rejection or revocation?
The current system is fine, except international arrivals are greater than the quarantine system can cope with so they've been cut by 50%, people like uziq still argue for open borders and claim any other policy is racist.

We'd have literally no international arrivals bringing in the virus if people weren't still travelling abroad for selfish and spurious reasons.
Larssen
+99|1887
The world being as interconnected as it is, there will always be work-related travel and families travelling. There are and always will be many jobs that cannot be ran remotely. I'm sure most of the indians you riled against pages back probably work in physical labour sort of stuff. All that real estate and mining in Australia involves a lot of manual work.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-07-08 11:45:46)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Mining is done with machines here, no indians required.

https://www.energyaustralia.com.au/sites/default/files/2019-05/Yallourn-034-optimised.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Apparently enforcing lockdowns in virus-afflicted ethnic areas is racist.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-09/ … /100280106

Its the same every time, they won't follow the restrictions, the virus takes off again and any intervention is racist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

What is that take? If the response is actually disproportionate in these areas compared to that in other similarly afflicted areas, like the article YOU LINKED suggests, then people crying foul may have a point.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The response isn't disproportionate according to everyone except the Lebanese community.

It was the same in the first wave, they wouldn't stop hugging, kissing and visiting each others homes then complained about racism when they were told to follow the lockdown rules.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Of course the police and people in charge of police say nothing's wrong.

Lebanese Muslim Association president Samir Dandan said the police had not cracked down as hard on other Sydney areas in the past and the "disproportionate" response would be harmful to the community.

"This is highly problematic and reinforces the experience of this community being over-policed and continues to create heightened sensitivities around the over-scrutinisation of these communities," Mr Dandan said.

"We would have appreciated a much more balanced response and something that is more in line with their response to communities elsewhere who had similar clusters.”
Sounds like legitimate criticism to me.

Haven't there been plenty of videos of "standard" white Australians casually disregarding your covid rules?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Dilbert_X wrote:

The response isn't disproportionate according to everyone except the Lebanese community.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

If the response had been in your aunt's neighborhood or whatever, you'd be singing a different tune. This just seems like an opportunity for you to smug about (other) immigrants getting what's coming to them.
Larssen
+99|1887

Dilbert_X wrote:

Mining is done with machines here, no indians required.

https://www.energyaustralia.com.au/sites/default/files/2019-05/Yallourn-034-optimised.jpg
I'm quite sure that in the entire industry there's still lots of people involved. I wasn't thinking about people physically mining stuff in a highly developed economy in the 21st century Dilbert...

Last edited by Larssen (2021-07-09 11:09:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard