Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6466|Foothills of S. Carolina

Anyone still playing BF2 or think it is worth 5.00US? Origin has it on sale right now along with 2142 and Bad Company 2. Thinking about picking it up again. I own the hard copy, but apparently lost the key along the way.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Sure why not. I've played it a few times in the past year. There's still people on there and you can find a full server but unsurprisingly, it'll be at karkand
Canin

Karkand... the original Metro Locker. I always liked most of the maps but Karkand was not a favorite.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
Sharqi with no vehicles was my favorite, but that sentiment is shared by nearly nobody. It wasn't a linear, spam-fest, free-for-all the way karkand is.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

I loved the city maps rotation of sharqi, mashtuur, jalalabad, karkand.  Especially when there were no vehicles save jeeps.  Loved playing those
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
if the americans couldn't out of their base in jalalabad it was one of the most boring maps. but if they could it was one of the best. IO that is

Last edited by pirana6 (2014-02-20 18:42:09)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

it was pretty easy to take that first flag all the way to the left if you had a big enough group rush.  But yeah, it would turn to shit pretty often.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
there are more than 1 server populated with decent maps in rotation
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria
Since both booster packs EF and AF were released for free with the 1.50 patch, are there still servers playing those maps?
I heard that the SF expansion is dead, since it was never released for free and also is a separate game/mod.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke
EF and AF were both pretty good imo. But they should have been free from the start. Tbh if there are still enough populated servers this offers infinitely more value for money than the vast majority of new releases.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
I still play, there are even 2-3 servers in Aus regularly populated.

Ken wrote:

I loved the city maps rotation of sharqi, mashtuur, jalalabad, karkand.  Especially when there were no vehicles save jeeps.  Loved playing those
Yup.

I'd say its still worth $5. It was very worth it to get the final full download, no patching on each re-install for me.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Canin

So I went ahead and picked it up. Once I remembered my password, and got the punkbuster issue sorted out, I was able to play again. Talk about a culture shock though. I still haven't remembered how to change my spawn point, create or join a squad, or much of anything else.... glad it was only 5 dollars.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
Imma gonna pick it up
Adams_BJ
What was the PB issue?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
it sucks
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

globefish23 wrote:

Since both booster packs EF and AF were released for free with the 1.50 patch, are there still servers playing those maps?
I heard that the SF expansion is dead, since it was never released for free and also is a separate game/mod.
sucks. Warlord on the TOP server was awesome back in the day.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Adams_BJ wrote:

What was the PB issue?
There are various issues, more so on system 7. Getting it working takes some minimal effort.
I had to update PB, let it through the firewalls, set PBa and PBb to run as admin.
There is also a glitch in that current PCs are so much quicker at downloading maps its quicker than the server so it gets a modified content error and boots you for that.

Apart from that it runs super-smooth on an i7 with Win 7 and 16Gb of RAM.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2014-02-24 01:15:03)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

What was the PB issue?
system 7
?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_7
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

Canin wrote:

I still haven't remembered how to change my spawn point
On the spawn screen (press enter to force), you need to click one of the white dots on the map.
If the do is red, that spawn point is under enemy artillery fire and unusable.

Canin wrote:

create or join a squad
Press Tabulator key to open the squad screen and click the 'Create' or 'Join' buttons.
The 'Apply' button for the commander position is also there.
Canin

Adams_BJ wrote:

What was the PB issue?
It was "Kicked due to punkbuster unable to load pbag......" with some codes at the end. I updated punkbuster, and it seemed to fix the issue.
Canin

globefish23 wrote:

Canin wrote:

I still haven't remembered how to change my spawn point
On the spawn screen (press enter to force), you need to click one of the white dots on the map.
If the do is red, that spawn point is under enemy artillery fire and unusable.

Canin wrote:

create or join a squad
Press Tabulator key to open the squad screen and click the 'Create' or 'Join' buttons.
The 'Apply' button for the commander position is also there.
Thanks, I will give it a try.
Adams_BJ

Canin wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

What was the PB issue?
It was "Kicked due to punkbuster unable to load pbag......" with some codes at the end. I updated punkbuster, and it seemed to fix the issue.
Yeah I got the same issue, fixed it with an update

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard