unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

EM's plan fails to account for landsharks, which will be attracted by vehicle vibrations.
Stop trying to poke holes in the ship, it isn't going to sink.
It's already bottomed out. There's nowhere for it to go but rust.
BVC
+325|6712
Zombies;
Guns here in NZ are restricted quite a bit more than they are in the US (1mil guns between 4.4 mil people), and (due to restrictions on pistols/military-esque guns) most of those are hunting rifles or shotguns.  Also people who do own guns tend to own several of them, so the ratio of guns to owners to owners is probably even less, meaning I'd be unlikely to get one in a hurry.  Until I could scavenge some guns (or even a bow/crossbow) I'd have to make do with melee weapons.  Ideally a metal baseball bat, but I'd probably have to grab a shovel or a wood axe from my garage.  When looking for guns I wouldn't be concerned with something that'll tear a zombie to bits, only knock them over or make a wound big enough for them to bleed out.

I'd probably try and fortify an office building.  I reckon shipping containers would be the way to go, stacked two high all around the perimiter (except over the sole entrance/exit).  But theres other stuff I could use, like buses with roofing iron covering the windows/doors/underneath.  Stacks of wooden pallets are another option, but would have to be secured somehow, say by nailing/stacking them as I build a pile.

Then I'd have to clear every room in the place.

Food would be scavenged from supermarkets etc, and I'd start trying to grow food in pots around the windows/on the roof.  A mall would be better for scavenging, but worse for growing.

If I could get one, my vehicle of choice would be something like a Terrano or a Hilux.  I'd make sure to have a bicycle on the back, so that if the engine crapped out I could GTFO of dodge in a hurry if i needed to.

Other scenarios; No idea.  I've got a quake survival kit, thats about it.

Last edited by BVC (2013-08-20 18:13:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Jay wrote:

The first paragraph missed it. They aren't talking about an actual disease, survivalists refer to everyone not like them as zombies. Survivalism is the ultimate expression of anti-social selfishness: "I got mine, I'll kill anyone who tries to take it away from me or who becomes a burden".
Not a very wide sample of survivalists. There are those who have a great interest in helping out their community in times of disaster.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

The first paragraph missed it. They aren't talking about an actual disease, survivalists refer to everyone not like them as zombies. Survivalism is the ultimate expression of anti-social selfishness: "I got mine, I'll kill anyone who tries to take it away from me or who becomes a burden".
Luckily the anti-social tend to be the ones to run into the wilderness and die, or paradoxically end up scavenging on the fringes of the more sociable groups until they're hunted down to remove the annoyance.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Not a very wide sample of survivalists. There are those who have a great interest in helping out their community in times of disaster.
It's a fictional comparison that parallels the difference between those who work for what they have versus those who have everything given to them versus those who take what they have. 

Survivors-Zombies-Bandits

The scenario plays out everyday, just not to the extreme you used to seeing on TV.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX

Extra Medium wrote:

versus those who have everything given to them
I'm thinking hipsters aren't going to enjoy the apocalypse.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6509|Connecticut

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm thinking hipsters aren't going to enjoy the apocalypse.
Dont most of them have experience living in tents from their "occupy" days?
Malloy must go
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England
Yeah but they never learned hygiene. They will die of sepsis.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6732

Jay wrote:

Yeah but they never learned hygiene. They will die of sepsis.
only itll be ironic.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England
You could smell zucotti park from three blocks away
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma
Overpowering smells in New York?  Lies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard