deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6509|Connecticut
In all seriousness, I highly doubt it could happen. But in the spirit of nothing is impossible has anyone ever thought out their strategy of survival? Where would you go and why? Weapons, food, fuel, gear, etc?

I would head north, probably to Vermont. I would want to be away from civilization, at least mass populations. I'd want to be where it gets cold so I could cultivate when its warm and harvest animals in the winter and be able to keep the meat from going bad. Plus the mountains provide good vantage points with plenty of fresh water.

Im open to any feasable apacolypse like theories..... Race wars, martial law, foreign invasion, another 4 years of Obama, natural disaters, etc. What, if anything do you think would happen and why?

Last edited by deeznutz1245 (2013-08-19 18:52:09)

Malloy must go
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3976|SL,UT

fuck, where i live, everyone is armed, we are a transportation hub - i'd go to the west side, stock up, and head for the hills.
along with 2.3 million other utahns, so then it would be one big turkey shoot.

i live in the reddest state of the union, so there would be few unarmed citizens. on the bright side, they preach readiness and survival, so there will be rations . . .
deeznutz1245
+483|6509|Connecticut
The advantage I think I have in VT is that there is only 610,000 residents in the whole state so less people to compete with. There is, however, more than 1,000,000 cows.... Thats a lot of steak.
Malloy must go
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6647|New Hampshire, USA
amount of steak > amount of zombies

Idk how Vermont could possibly be a bad place to go when you think of it like that
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England
I would be completely fucked trying to leave NYC. I think I'd head for a marina and steal a boat and head out to sea
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

Become the head of a roaming band of raiders.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-19 19:53:14)

Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3976|SL,UT

Jay wrote:

steal a boat
why would a yacht club member need to steal a boat?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+685|6307|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

I would be completely fucked trying to leave NYC. I think I'd head for a marina and steal a boat and head out to sea
no NOO!

didn't you ever see the end to that documentary: Dawn of the Dead (new one)

spoilers if you haven't seen it:

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6760|Reality
go north where zombies would freeze solid in winter.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

The yellowstone caldera is a pretty nifty apocalypse scenario.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma
https://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/zombie_survival_guide.jpg

All you really need.  I have my copy, do you?

.22 rifle with scope and a about 5000 rounds of ammo goes a long way.  Screw trying to drive somewhere by car, I'm buying 4 wheel ATV's for the whole family when they are old enough to ride.  1 ATV carries as much fuel as possible, another the weapons and ammo, another as much non-perishable food as possible and the last carries toiletries, bedding and tools. 

Good. To. Go.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

I think the whole Zombie craze is cynical narcissism.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

All you really need.  I have my copy, do you?

.22 rifle with scope and a about 5000 rounds of ammo goes a long way.  Screw trying to drive somewhere by car, I'm buying 4 wheel ATV's for the whole family when they are old enough to ride.  1 ATV carries as much fuel as possible, another the weapons and ammo, another as much non-perishable food as possible and the last carries toiletries, bedding and tools. 

Good. To. Go.
I can think of a number of things wrong with that.

1) what if zombies happen before they're old enough to ride
2) what if an atv rolls onto its rider
3) what if all the insane noise made by the atv's attracts zombies
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6753|Oxferd Ohire

deeznutz1245 wrote:

The advantage I think I have in VT is that there is only 610,000 residents in the whole state so less people to compete with. There is, however, more than 1,000,000 cows.... Thats a lot of steak.
because no one will cross state lines to get away
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I can think of a number of things wrong with that.

1) what if zombies happen before they're old enough to ride
2) what if an atv rolls onto its rider
3) what if all the insane noise made by the atv's attracts zombies
1.  We're fucked.  Rule #1 is babies and zombies don't mix.
2.  So what if it does?  Don't be a fucking dumbass and that won't happen.  I've had a 4 wheeler roll over me more than once and I walked away fine every time.  Yes, I was being a dumbass every time it happened.
3.  They aren't THAT loud.  Not to mention, the whole point of using an ATV is to travel to and through places where there aren't a lot of people (zombies) to begin with.  The few stragglers encountered would be easily seen and picked off.

My plan is superior.  It cannot be argued against.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

He could always putter away to Labrador.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6753|Oxferd Ohire
what about a dirtbike
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

EM's plan fails to account for landsharks, which will be attracted by vehicle vibrations.
deeznutz1245
+483|6509|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

Elaborate
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6509|Connecticut

RTHKI wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Well actually, Vermont is protected to the west on most of it's border by a 14 mile wide, 110 mile long lake. To it's east is New Hampshire, and they are very like minded and more likely to survive than panic and loot. You have CT and Western Mass to the south which may be an issue, however, its somewhat limited due to the fact that nobody in their right mind is going to attempt to get through NYC while everyone is killing eachother off. Even if you do get through you would have to survive extreme cold and mountains with very little population to provide food or shelter for the journey. But Im sure you are the Chuck fuckin Norris of all things survival so why don't you tell me how its done.
Malloy must go
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Elaborate
It is really narcissistic to think you are going to be of the .01 percent of the world's population that survives if a general outbreak of some disease that turns people into Zombies happened. What makes you so special?

The whole shooting Zombies while running around scavenging is really a fantasy of cynical and sick people. A group of people so worn down and bitter about life and people that they fantasize about the world ending so that they can legally/rightfully shoot a bunch in the head. This is the same group of people who brag about their ability to hurt people but how they wouldn't dare hurt an animal. Bitter people who have it so rough. So rough they  can't stand people and want animal friends and want to be able to shoot people. Of course the people they want to shoot are brain dead and dumb. Because they are so smart (narcissism) and everyone else but them is so stupid (cynicism).
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6760|Reality

deeznutz1245 wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Well actually, Vermont is protected to the west on most of it's border by a 14 mile wide, 110 mile long lake. To it's east is New Hampshire, and they are very like minded and more likely to survive than panic and loot. You have CT and Western Mass to the south which may be an issue, however, its somewhat limited due to the fact that nobody in their right mind is going to attempt to get through NYC while everyone is killing eachother off. Even if you do get through you would have to survive extreme cold and mountains with very little population to provide food or shelter for the journey. But Im sure you are the Chuck fuckin Norris of all things survival so why don't you tell me how its done.
don't forget the connecticut river
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

EM's plan fails to account for landsharks, which will be attracted by vehicle vibrations.
Stop trying to poke holes in the ship, it isn't going to sink.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5374|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Elaborate
It is really narcissistic to think you are going to be of the .01 percent of the world's population that survives if a general outbreak of some disease that turns people into Zombies happened. What makes you so special?

The whole shooting Zombies while running around scavenging is really a fantasy of cynical and sick people. A group of people so worn down and bitter about life and people that they fantasize about the world ending so that they can legally/rightfully shoot a bunch in the head. This is the same group of people who brag about their ability to hurt people but how they wouldn't dare hurt an animal. Bitter people who have it so rough. So rough they  can't stand people and want animal friends and want to be able to shoot people. Of course the people they want to shoot are brain dead and dumb. Because they are so smart (narcissism) and everyone else but them is so stupid (cynicism).
The first paragraph missed it. They aren't talking about an actual disease, survivalists refer to everyone not like them as zombies. Survivalism is the ultimate expression of anti-social selfishness: "I got mine, I'll kill anyone who tries to take it away from me or who becomes a burden".

Frankly, with your own displays of misanthropy, I thought you would be more sympathetic.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

I'm an optimist actually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard