Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3246|Oklahoma

Brasso wrote:

More stupid shit.
You are the one constantly changing the point.

I shot a deer and left it.

You said I wasted the meat.

I said lots of animals ate it, so it technically isn't wasted.

You said there are hungry people that could use it.

I said there are lots of hungry animals that could use it.

You said that there are lots of food banks that accept it.

I said no.

You posted link.

I said it was stupid.


The only person changing the narrative here is you, but you're some how trying to blame it on me?  This is the typical bf2s bullshit I hate.  The worst part is that no one but Jay has had the intelligence to actual say what they feel, such as "I disagree with what you've done and I think you are a bad person for it.", instead you are trying to catch me into some sort of retarded "GOTCHA, SEE I TOLD U THAT U DON'T KNOW WHAT UR TALKIN BOUT AN UR A SHIT IDIOTT, I PROV'D IT VIA DERBATE". 

Really all you need to say is that you think I what I did was wrong, state your reasons why and what you would have done differently.  This isn't a scientific difference, it's an ideological one.  You obviously think EVERY life is precious or some dumb shit like that and I don't.  I acted according to my own philosophy and now you are REACTING to it.  If I cared about donating food to someone, there are MUCH easier ways to go about it than poaching a fucking deer off the side of the road, taking it to a butcher and delivering a giant pile of meat to an organization that probably isn't even set up to handle that type of food in the first place.

Trying to convince me that I'm a bad person on that principle alone just goes to show what a fucking tard you are.  Like I said before, if you want to make me feel like a bad person just tell me I'm a bad person and move on, the pointless debate only makes me feel more like I'm in the right because I'm arguing with an obvious idiot.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4636

A food bank would be an interesting way to dispose of a body. I should write a book with that in it before Chuck Palahniuk get the idea.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3246|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

A food bank would be an interesting way to dispose of a body. I should write a book with that in it before Chuck Palahniuk get the idea.
Pretty stupid way.  The meat isn't what you are trying to get rid of, it's the bones.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4636

It is an idea for a horror story not something I would consider. If I did kill someone in my home, I would bury them in the pine barrens anyway.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|3575|at your six

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Not sure if there are any outdoorsmen on here but if so, what do you like to go for? What are your weapons and why? I hunt turkey and deer from Sept thru January and then bird in the spring. I am a traditional bow hunter, I dont care for the compound bows and I shoot a Bob Lee Hunter model (60" 65lbs @ 28" draw). My rifle is a Smith and Wesson iBolt 30-06 ( federal premium ammo because of the shallow pin strike) and sometimes I use my grandfather's Sako 30-06 that he passed down when he died. I use a Summit Viper 180 hd climber stand, I like to get in and out and not worry about a ladder stand getting stolen. Forbow season I usually go up about 15 feet but for rifle I tend to be up around 25-30 because I hunt the edge of a field.

Biggest buck I have harvested was an 8 pointer that weighed 204lbs dressed. Not necessarilly a trophy, but he was in the rut so I called him for over 30 minutes with a bleat and it's not easy bringing them in when they can see a doe in the other direction.

I have been thinking about getting a labrador pup and bird hunting more, but I know very little about field training a dog. Any suggestions from real experience would be cool.

Thx:)
We used to hunt pheasant and chuckers. We had a German short hair. Its pretty standard to have a bird dog trained by a pro but they will hunt and flush naturally. The training gets them to have restraint and not mawl the carcass. I respect hunting and hunters but it is no longer something I enjoy.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,917|5823|USA

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

'Wingspan' is around 72", so approx 28.5"-28.8". I'm going to get my compound turned down a bit though before I shoot it again, because I haven't taken it in awhile and am no longer accustomed to that initial draw. Don't want to hurt my shoulders.

I fully intend to go target shooting again this fall too. I prefer it and spring over summer weather any day.
Went target shooting today. A bit out of practice, but I was still fine with the recurve. The compound though, that 80# is a damn workout these days. Even with a trigger release, I was only able to put out about forty shots before my arm started getting tired. Yep, going to ratchet it back down. It also doesn't help that the damn thing destroys arrows in rapid order. The flat trajectory is nice, for long distance, they lodge themselves so deep in hay bale targets that I have to wrench and twist them with a rubber grip to get them out.

deeznuts: do you wear safety glasses when shooting bows? I just do it as a force of habit when around high-tension anything.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

deeznuts: do you wear safety glasses when shooting bows? I just do it as a force of habit when around high-tension anything.
I used to when I was younger, I know it's a good idea but my anchor point is my thumb knuckle against my cheekbone and glasses interfere with it. Besides, I tend to usually practice as if I was in the tree stand hunting so I am used to it and you cant wear glasses because of the glare and its usually pretty low light anyways. I've been criticized for my narrow stance but people understand why if they have ever stood in a tree stand where there isnt much room for a wide stance.
Malloy must go
Brasso
member
+1,549|5681

Extra Medium wrote:

etc etc
oh jesus i don't know if i should respond to that. never mind, i won't. the vast majority can tell that you are just an angry hick who blows up and hurls personal insults at the slightest provocation.

if i cook a slab of kobe beef and set it in the dirt, it feeds microorganisms at the very least. i'd still consider it a waste because it could have been used to feed humans. whatever.

getting back to the topic:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I used to when I was younger, I know it's a good idea but my anchor point is my thumb knuckle against my cheekbone and glasses interfere with it. Besides, I tend to usually practice as if I was in the tree stand hunting so I am used to it and you cant wear glasses because of the glare and its usually pretty low light anyways. I've been criticized for my narrow stance but people understand why if they have ever stood in a tree stand where there isnt much room for a wide stance.
i personally use a kisser button and as long as that's in the corner of my mouth, i know i'm set. i think there's a lot of worth in shooting using various stances and seeing how that affects arrow flight, and practicing from a tree stand. also i know that arrow flight is potentially massively different depending on field tips and broadheads. always good to practice every type of shot.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5551|so randum
not really hunting per se, but culling foxes/badgers/birds on ze farm
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|3575|at your six
We have a major coon problem at my house. It really blows.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut

A2TG2 wrote:

We have a major coon problem at my house. It really blows.
What about trapping and relocating? Or were you referring to Macbeth?
Malloy must go
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4636

Mmhmm
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|3575|at your six
Racist
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,917|5823|USA

deeznutz1245 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

deeznuts: do you wear safety glasses when shooting bows? I just do it as a force of habit when around high-tension anything.
I used to when I was younger, I know it's a good idea but my anchor point is my thumb knuckle against my cheekbone and glasses interfere with it. Besides, I tend to usually practice as if I was in the tree stand hunting so I am used to it and you cant wear glasses because of the glare and its usually pretty low light anyways. I've been criticized for my narrow stance but people understand why if they have ever stood in a tree stand where there isnt much room for a wide stance.
Wouldn't wearing a bug net hat cancel glare from glasses? I take one when I go shooting because there's a bog nearby and the mosquitoes are sometimes out of control. I can see what you mean by the anchor point but my safety glasses are wrap around so they don't go flying off on release.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Wouldn't wearing a bug net hat cancel glare from glasses? I take one when I go shooting because there's a bog nearby and the mosquitoes are sometimes out of control. I can see what you mean by the anchor point but my safety glasses are wrap around so they don't go flying off on release.
Correct, but I dont wear a net or any masks. I only use face paint. Im not saying its the best way but its how Ive been doing it for 20 years so its part of my routine now I suppose. As for bugs I just deal with it, spray will put off a scent and keep the deer away. Besides, I spent years as an 0311 in the brush so bugs and critters don't phase me any more. If you can survive the sand fleas on Parris Island you can deal with just about anything, including nagging women.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut

A2TG2 wrote:

Racist
Im not racist, I fuck with everyone equally:)
Malloy must go
Adams_BJ
Turns out you were cucked
+2,043|5673|Little Bentcock
I shoot foxes and roos yay
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3246|Oklahoma

deeznutz1245 wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Racist
Im not racist, I fuck with everyone equally:)
I'm sure you voted Republican and that's all these guys need to apply the racist label.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|3575|at your six
I was kidding ffs.
I don't know Mac's race, nor do I care.
But if he is...Arfoblackican, then I guess it was uncool.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut

A2TG2 wrote:

I was kidding ffs.
I don't know Mac's race, nor do I care.
But if he is...Arfoblackican, then I guess it was uncool.
Oh puhleez, Im sure you knew that I knew you were kidding. But for real, I do fuck with everyone equally. Especially those from the sunshine state who love to employ illegigal immagrants in their back yard to fabricate metal into cash.
Malloy must go
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|3575|at your six
I don't employe illegals, but they do taste good in a taco.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4636

A 17-year-old Northwest Indiana boy is accused of a brutal crime against pets. Police say he hunted and killed three kittens in his neighborhood, then he posed for photos with the cats and posted them on Facebook.
hmm sounds familiar.


The prosecutor’s office is considering felony charges against this teen for abusing and killing the three kittens.
what a load of bullshit. i fucking hate you animal people
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5544|Connecticut
Eat a dick
Malloy must go
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4636

I thought you were going to bed. You should subscribe to my Twitter for all day instant updates.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard