13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

Macbeth wrote:

I would very much like to have a thread about affirmative action so that I can correct everyone's misinformation. Please start one.
Enlighten us Macbeth.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Can't wait.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

About what?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
10/10 best thread on Bf3s.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/OEuvyMI.gif

(don't even give a fuck about the thread. just want to use that gif)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I want affirmative action repelled. Just a lot of people have the wrong info about it and go to war on misinformation. It is a case of being right but for the wrong reasons. If someone could get the ball rolling here that would be great.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
uuh sounds like that's your responsibility. you are the one with the most to say.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
https://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/hannity%20limbaugh%20660.jpg

Affirmative action needs to stay and be implemented more heavily.  We need to help these disadvantaged African Americans pull themselves up by their boot straps and contribute.  Given the opportunity they WILL persevere.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Macbeth wrote:

If someone could get the ball rolling here that would be great.
"AA is a crutch and is holding back those people that use it. It was supposed to help get a foot in the door for those that had been oppressed but it should have had a time limit and receding impact over that allotted time.
If you look back, people like the Irish were shit on and they lifted themselves up by their bootstraps and made themselves better and now aren't seen as a "group" that would need help getting into college, etc."
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I have some stuff to do. I will be back later.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
translation: i dropped another 2 tabs earlier and i need to go and stare at some foliage for a while.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-29 12:03:55)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

hahaha I was staring at the tree in my buildings backyard for a good 10 minutes when I first started to get hit. It look like a peacock's tail and was changing colors.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

pirana6 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

"AA is a crutch and is holding back those people that use it. It was supposed to help get a foot in the door for those that had been oppressed but it should have had a time limit and receding impact over that allotted time.
If you look back, people like the Irish were shit on and they lifted themselves up by their bootstraps and made themselves better and now aren't seen as a "group" that would need help getting into college, etc."
Well the main benefactors of AA are actually white women and the group that is hurt the most are Asians. It was actually shown that at the Ivy League schools Asian enrollment is on average 16%. This is far below where it should be since  Asian students on average do much better than students of all other races. Now look at Yale's demographics. Yale practices affirmative action but it doesn't at all seem to raise the numbers of black and Hispanic students or brings them inline with national averages. Blacks are 6% of the student population, while Hispanics are 9%. Nationally Hispanics are 15% of the population while blacks are 13%. Several years ago by statewide referendum they outlawed affirmative by race in Texas and California. The effects it had on the white student population vs Asian is best exemplified by what happened at UCLA. UCLA is a top 10 school and has now the nickname University of Caucasian lost among Asians. That is because the student body is now 35% Asian and 29% white. Black enrollment is at 4% which way under state average. Hispanic enrollment is 17%, also below state average. The truth is Asian anger at blacks and Hispanics is misplaced since the whites are the ones screwing them over. At the same time white anger at blacks and browns is misplaced because darkies aren't going to get anywhere near elites schools anyway.

As for Irish discrimination, I'm not saying it didn't exist but it is greatly overblown.
http://tigger.uic.edu/~rjensen/no-irish.htm
Irish Catholics in America have a vibrant memory of humiliating job discrimination, which featured omnipresent signs proclaiming "Help Wanted--No Irish Need Apply!" No one has ever seen one of these NINA signs because they were extremely rare or nonexistent. The market for female household workers occasionally specified religion or nationality. Newspaper ads for women sometimes did include NINA, but Irish women nevertheless dominated the market for domestics because they provided a reliable supply of an essential service. Newspaper ads for men with NINA were exceedingly rare. The slogan was commonplace in upper class London by 1820; in 1862 in London there was a song, "No Irish Need Apply," purportedly by a maid looking for work. The song reached America and was modified to depict a man recently arrived in America who sees a NINA ad and confronts and beats up the culprit. The song was an immediate hit, and is the source of the myth. Evidence from the job market shows no significant discrimination against the Irish--on the contrary, employers eagerly sought them out. Some Americans feared the Irish because of their religion, their use of violence, and their threat to democratic elections. By the Civil War these fears had subsided and there were no efforts to exclude Irish immigrants. The Irish worked in gangs in job sites they could control by force. The NINA slogan told them they had to stick together against the Protestant Enemy, in terms of jobs and politics. The NINA myth justified physical assaults, and persisted because it aided ethnic solidarity. After 1940 the solidarity faded away, yet NINA remained as a powerful memory.
Finally affirmative action was never put into effect in order to help minorities. The first affirmative action plan put together by the government was rolled in Philly. It forced construction companies that had government contracts to have a quota of blacks and browns. The point of it was to turn blue collar whites against black people thereby splitting the Democrat base. The plan was Nixon's idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Philadelphia_Plan

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-29 12:52:16)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Macbeth wrote:

hahaha I was staring at the tree in my buildings backyard for a good 10 minutes when I first started to get hit. It look like a peacock's tail and was changing colors.
macbeth i enjoy most of your posts and lord knows the forum needs the activity, but if you are tripping on acid please stop using the internet and go take a walk, smell some air.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I was talking about Friday. I had a long day Friday. I had been dropping acid from 8AM to 10 PM.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
you mean you take multiple tabs? i just take a decent tab or maybe 2 if you only have lower-dose tabs and then let it be for 24 hours. it's too exhausting otherwise.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Ohh look, Uzi the racist has arrived in the affirmative action thread.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I'm on long term medication. I stopped taking it for a little over a week. A single tab does it for me, 2 do really well but the main visuals effects only last 3 or four hours before I need to take another. I took 4 Friday. The only issue I had was a headache that stretched into Saturday.

I took 1 at 8. 1 at 12. 2 at 5.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-29 13:45:48)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
damn dude, that is a lot of LSD. i would take it easy. just because your medication dulls the effects... that's pretty heavy. although obviously commonsense doesn't apply to you, because taking mental medication and psychoactive drugs is a pretty big no-no in general. haha.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Extra Medium wrote:

i guarantee i have a more racially diverse group of friends than you. i also speak out for black culture and racial minorities whilst you delight in debasing them and saying how shitty and thuggish and criminal their culture is. just because i called roc the n-word, doesn't mean i have those beliefs. i use it in a completely reactive sense.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

damn dude, that is a lot of LSD. i would take it easy. just because your medication dulls the effects... that's pretty heavy. although obviously commonsense doesn't apply to you, because taking mental medication and psychoactive drugs is a pretty big no-no in general. haha.
First time I did it since May? Not that bad.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Macbeth wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Well the main benefactors of AA are actually white women and the group that is hurt the most are Asians. It was actually shown that at the Ivy League schools Asian enrollment is on average 16%. This is far below where it should be since  Asian students on average do much better than students of all other races. Now look at Yale's demographics. Yale practices affirmative action but it doesn't at all seem to raise the numbers of black and Hispanic students or brings them inline with national averages. Blacks are 6% of the student population, while Hispanics are 9%. Nationally Hispanics are 15% of the population while blacks are 13%. Several years ago by statewide referendum they outlawed affirmative by race in Texas and California. The effects it had on the white student population vs Asian is best exemplified by what happened at UCLA. UCLA is a top 10 school and has now the nickname University of Caucasian lost among Asians. That is because the student body is now 35% Asian and 29% white. Black enrollment is at 4% which way under state average. Hispanic enrollment is 17%, also below state average. The truth is Asian anger at blacks and Hispanics is misplaced since the whites are the ones screwing them over. At the same time white anger at blacks and browns is misplaced because darkies aren't going to get anywhere near elites schools anyway.

As for Irish discrimination, I'm not saying it didn't exist but it is greatly overblown.
http://tigger.uic.edu/~rjensen/no-irish.htm
Irish Catholics in America have a vibrant memory of humiliating job discrimination, which featured omnipresent signs proclaiming "Help Wanted--No Irish Need Apply!" No one has ever seen one of these NINA signs because they were extremely rare or nonexistent. The market for female household workers occasionally specified religion or nationality. Newspaper ads for women sometimes did include NINA, but Irish women nevertheless dominated the market for domestics because they provided a reliable supply of an essential service. Newspaper ads for men with NINA were exceedingly rare. The slogan was commonplace in upper class London by 1820; in 1862 in London there was a song, "No Irish Need Apply," purportedly by a maid looking for work. The song reached America and was modified to depict a man recently arrived in America who sees a NINA ad and confronts and beats up the culprit. The song was an immediate hit, and is the source of the myth. Evidence from the job market shows no significant discrimination against the Irish--on the contrary, employers eagerly sought them out. Some Americans feared the Irish because of their religion, their use of violence, and their threat to democratic elections. By the Civil War these fears had subsided and there were no efforts to exclude Irish immigrants. The Irish worked in gangs in job sites they could control by force. The NINA slogan told them they had to stick together against the Protestant Enemy, in terms of jobs and politics. The NINA myth justified physical assaults, and persisted because it aided ethnic solidarity. After 1940 the solidarity faded away, yet NINA remained as a powerful memory.
Finally affirmative action was never put into effect in order to help minorities. The first affirmative action plan put together by the government was rolled in Philly. It forced construction companies that had government contracts to have a quota of blacks and browns. The point of it was to turn blue collar whites against black people thereby splitting the Democrat base. The plan was Nixon's idea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revised_Philadelphia_Plan
waiting for a well thought out reply
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

i guarantee i have a more racially diverse group of friends than you. .
I highly doubt that. 

Go on.  Make a stupid assumption about how I only hang out with good ole boys down on the plantation.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
4 years spent in one of the world's main capitol cities, at university with an international crowd == more diversity than oklahoma. i'm sorry. it's not a competition. just stop accusing me of being racist. it is fatuous.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

4 years spent in one of the world's main capitol cities, at university with an international crowd == more diversity than oklahoma. i'm sorry. it's not a competition. just stop accusing me of being racist. it is fatuous.
One of my best friends in high school was black, grew up around Native Americans and had many many friends, worked in Dallas with more Hispanics than you can shake a stick at, two of my best buds in Dallas were Palestinian immigrants, currently have two online bff's, a chinese guy and an italian guy in Australia, fucked a girl from Peru, a puerto rican mentored me in the USAF, sister in law is a mexican, and my step mother is  Turkish.

But you live in LONDON.  OHHHHHHHHHHH MAAAH GAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Culture diversity.

I love how you think I've never left Oklahoma before too.  It's cute.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-07-29 14:22:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard