Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

intentions - that is, conscious decisions - is one thing, biological predisposition and derived psychological and behavioral specifics - another. the main argument for homosexuality has always been "it happens in nature, they were born that way, it's not a choice", right? so, yeah, if they were actually born that way then they are impaired people. if they are not then they are perverts. in either case, they should not be allowed to publicly promote their homosexuality.
If breeding was truly the zenith of human accomplishment then we might as well still be huddled in caves with scraps of food scavenged from other animals. The perversion argument is likewise arbitrary. I can understand not wanting to see public acts of homosexuality done merely for the thrill of trolling. But I'm not against them trying to raise awareness about the fact that yes, they do exist and no, they're not going to steal the children for a gay utopia. If I was a part of a group frequently targeted for unprovoked assaults and murders, I would also have a vested interest in remedying that unwanted cultural situation.

Soliciting ideas is also a part of human nature that isn't going to go away anytime soon.
all valid points, except i never said breeding was anywhere near the "zenith of human accomplishment". i would also agree that, as our civilization develops, the day will come when things that kept up going as a species when we were huddled in caves will become irrelevant - then any form of sexual preference and behavior will be acceptable, but now is definitely not the time for that. the demographic situation in russia is pretty bad atm and we won't indulge anyone who would make it even worse, however slightly. no, gays will not be allowed to "raise awareness" about themselves here. deal with it.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
My question is, what exactly are they trying to raise awareness about?  Who in the world is unaware of homosexuality and who in the world is unaware that it's still not a widely accepted thing in the world.

Kudos to Russia for sticking to their guns though.  If Russia doesn't want it, Russia shouldn't have it crammed down their throats.  How many times do have to say "no" politely before the club makes sense?
BVC
+325|6665
Awareness that denying them fundamental rights (eg. protest, marriage, freedom from harm etc) is bad?

On breeding, there are ways for gay couples to have kids (adoption, surrogate pregnancy, and IVF for lesbians), so saying "gays cant breed, therefore bad" is a bit of a red herring.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4494|at your six

Shahter wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

intentions - that is, conscious decisions - is one thing, biological predisposition and derived psychological and behavioral specifics - another. the main argument for homosexuality has always been "it happens in nature, they were born that way, it's not a choice", right? so, yeah, if they were actually born that way then they are impaired people. if they are not then they are perverts. in either case, they should not be allowed to publicly promote their homosexuality.
If breeding was truly the zenith of human accomplishment then we might as well still be huddled in caves with scraps of food scavenged from other animals. The perversion argument is likewise arbitrary. I can understand not wanting to see public acts of homosexuality done merely for the thrill of trolling. But I'm not against them trying to raise awareness about the fact that yes, they do exist and no, they're not going to steal the children for a gay utopia. If I was a part of a group frequently targeted for unprovoked assaults and murders, I would also have a vested interest in remedying that unwanted cultural situation.

Soliciting ideas is also a part of human nature that isn't going to go away anytime soon.
all valid points, except i never said breeding was anywhere near the "zenith of human accomplishment". i would also agree that, as our civilization develops, the day will come when things that kept up going as a species when we were huddled in caves will become irrelevant - then any form of sexual preference and behavior will be acceptable, but now is definitely not the time for that. the demographic situation in russia is pretty bad atm and we won't indulge anyone who would make it even worse, however slightly. no, gays will not be allowed to "raise awareness" about themselves here. deal with it.
Maybe if the state weren't so onerous and you economic situation wasn't so dismal people would want to breed more?

ps,
China is raping your Siberian base.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4494|at your six
(r)
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

A2TG2 wrote:

Shahter wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Maybe if the state weren't so onerous and you economic situation wasn't so dismal people would want to breed more?
like in sweden, norway and other economic paradises, right?

p.s. atherosclerosis is destroying your great nation from within.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

Le Sigh.

I'm not saying people that don't have kids are broken.

I'm saying the people who's natural instinct to procreate is for some reason geared towards members of the same sex are. 

Even people who choose not to have children still have the instinct to HAVE CHILDREN.  You can talk about childless geniuses and birth control all you want because that is no where even close to what I was trying to argue.  I'd bet not many of those childless geniuses died virgins. 

I know it and you know it, so stop playing stupid.
Yet how is it relevant to anything? If it is genetic, are they predisposed to homicidal rages or something else I don't know about? How is it any more broken than pigmentation or some other superficial quality that could potentially impact reproductive selection? "Fixing" stuff like this dances on the edge of designer babies and genetic ethics.

Or is it just that homosexuals have mystical gay transmitters in their heads that slowly corrupt other brains?

Shahter wrote:

no, gays will not be allowed to "raise awareness" about themselves here. deal with it.

Extra Medium wrote:

My question is, what exactly are they trying to raise awareness about?  Who in the world is unaware of homosexuality and who in the world is unaware that it's still not a widely accepted thing in the world.

Kudos to Russia for sticking to their guns though.  If Russia doesn't want it, Russia shouldn't have it crammed down their throats.  How many times do have to say "no" politely before the club makes sense?

BVC wrote:

Awareness that denying them fundamental rights (eg. protest, marriage, freedom from harm etc) is bad?

On breeding, there are ways for gay couples to have kids (adoption, surrogate pregnancy, and IVF for lesbians), so saying "gays cant breed, therefore bad" is a bit of a red herring.
Pretty much this. There's a difference between trying to turn people gay and trying to improve society so that gay people aren't afraid to leave their homes or "come out" for fear of being assaulted by local neanderthals. And I'm pretty sure that most of them are more interested in not having to hide under a rock than they are in "warping the minds of your children."

"We'll pretend you're not there and but beat you down if you make a noise" isn't an acceptable standard.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How is it any more broken than pigmentation or some other superficial quality that could potentially impact reproductive selection?
the whole sexuality thing is not black and white, it's very complex and provides for a whole spectrum of different conditions in humans. homosexuality is "more broken" than pigmentation because it's NOT strictly genetic - it also has psychological and social aspects to it and thus can be influenced in people via social means. if that could be possible with, say, color blindness do you seriously think it would be okay to allow public promotion of that?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

BVC wrote:

Pretty much this. There's a difference between trying to turn people gay and trying to improve society so that gay people aren't afraid to leave their homes or "come out" for fear of being assaulted by local neanderthals.
when you find a way to do one without the other, let us know. also, we already have laws in place designed to protect anyone from discrimination. as i said before, the fact that those "human rights activists" aren't taking their problems to the court of law but instead try to make public spectacles kinda speaks for their actual goals in this.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"We'll pretend you're not there and but beat you down if you make a noise" isn't an acceptable standard.
well, first that's not the standard we try to establish here, and second what makes you think we are interested in knowing what you find acceptable? go clean your own lawn.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-09-08 05:50:38)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yet how is it relevant to anything? If it is genetic, are they predisposed to homicidal rages or something else I don't know about? How is it any more broken than pigmentation or some other superficial quality that could potentially impact reproductive selection? "Fixing" stuff like this dances on the edge of designer babies and genetic ethics.

Or is it just that homosexuals have mystical gay transmitters in their heads that slowly corrupt other brains?
Yeah, I do believe homosexuality is a choice and not genetic.  Same reason I think homicidal maniacs is more mental illness/choice than genetic.

If homosexuality was genetic, then the homosexuals would have been bred out of the gene pool a LOOOOOONG time ago.  It's really hard to argue something is genetic when that genetic code has no way of being passed along.  Also, how do you explain the INCREDIBLE proportion of sexual abuse victims that turn out gay?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

What do you think the difference is between a psychological predisposition/alignment and a "choice" is. Because I guarantee that a lot of people don't "choose" their various quirks.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4494|at your six
There are people E.M. who have obvious genetic gender confusion, that is not a choice.
There are people who have some gay in them ( like me, maybe 15% ) who choose not to practice or indulge in the lifestyle at all.

Like, I find certain men attractive, but I'd never go there because I believe its a sin. But some people are twixt man and woman, its obvious by looking at them.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

Extra Medium wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

The desire to reproduce is reflected with a boner and a need to bust a but. That is it. It doesn't go further. Gays like to bust a but with other gays. Working as intended, it just won't have the end result. There is nothing wrong with them mentally.
Pedophiles are working as intended too I guess?  They are born that way after all.

25 year old guy openly loves a 16 year old guy = CRIMINALLY INSANE SCUM, HOW DO PEOPLE GET SO FUCKED IN THE HEAD?
25 year old guy openly loves a 18 year old guy = SO BRAVE, INSPIRATION TO US ALL, LOVE CONQUERS ALL, EQUAL RIGHTS!
Well, because 2 gay adults having sex is consensual, while and adult having sex with a child is taking advantage of a child? A child can be naive and prone to making ill-informed decisions that may have major repercussions on their lives. I don't care if a 25 year old loves a 16 year old, though maybe a 12 year old.

Are we really doing this?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

We are always doing this This is what we do.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

Extra Medium wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yeah, I do believe homosexuality is a choice and not genetic.  Same reason I think homicidal maniacs is more mental illness/choice than genetic.

If homosexuality was genetic, then the homosexuals would have been bred out of the gene pool a LOOOOOONG time ago.  It's really hard to argue something is genetic when that genetic code has no way of being passed along.  Also, how do you explain the INCREDIBLE proportion of sexual abuse victims that turn out gay?
GENETICS DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. GOOD NIGHT.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
its not even 7pm
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

DesertFox- wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

GENETICS DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. GOOD NIGHT.
Of course they don't.  God makes all of our genes special for us.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I actually lol'd.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4494|at your six

Shahter wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How is it any more broken than pigmentation or some other superficial quality that could potentially impact reproductive selection?
the whole sexuality thing is not black and white, it's very complex and provides for a whole spectrum of different conditions in humans. homosexuality is "more broken" than pigmentation because it's NOT strictly genetic - it also has psychological and social aspects to it and thus can be influenced in people via social means. if that could be possible with, say, color blindness do you seriously think it would be okay to allow public promotion of that?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

BVC wrote:

Pretty much this. There's a difference between trying to turn people gay and trying to improve society so that gay people aren't afraid to leave their homes or "come out" for fear of being assaulted by local neanderthals.
when you find a way to do one without the other, let us know. also, we already have laws in place designed to protect anyone from discrimination. as i said before, the fact that those "human rights activists" aren't taking their problems to the court of law but instead try to make public spectacles kinda speaks for their actual goals in this.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

well, first that's not the standard we try to establish here, and second what makes you think we are interested in knowing what you find acceptable? go clean your own lawn.
Look dude,
1-Благодатного огня

Он зарезал через облака, серебряная стрела дыма и огня. Толпа не видел его, но некоторые съежился, как будто они чувствовали, что гибель обрушиваются на них. Сбор вороны на мертвой электрические провода посмотрел на его движения и вспышкой белого света серебра и рассеяны, карканье в страхе и напрасно.
Президент Соединенных Штатов стоял у трибуны на плоскую кровать коммерческих грузовиков, сжимая микрофон и держа окрашенные рубашки мокрые от пота. Его работа в качестве секретаря по делам ветеранов была его единственная государственная должность, а до этого он был All-Star борцом и подержанных автомобилей верхнего продавец. Он был семнадцатым в линии наследования, чтобы быть президентом и когда Конгресс и исполнительную власть бежали или исчезли он сунул в положение: один для которого он не был квалифицирован, никогда не думал, и тот, который быстро отправил его безнадежным в безумие.
Мальчик был привязан к столбу, ожидая казни. Преступление он был осужден за; браконьерства яблоко. Он был единственным, кто в толпе, которая, казалось, заметил ракету слезу через облака. Некоторые в толпе увидел его искать и предполагается, чтобы он был в молитве. Его жизнь была достаточно сильно, что он не чувствовал страха, это была просто еще одна вещь, чтобы терпеть, и он смотрел на нее с большим удивлением на ее красоту, чем с любым трепета или страха. Это было похоже на старые выцветшие фотографии фейерверков он видел. Он не понимал концепции ядерного оружия, потому что школы, когда он был в состоянии принять участие в качестве младшего мальчика, не учил таким вещам, но он однажды видел реактивный самолет падает с неба. Его горящие обломки были ворочался, как он упал. Это напомнило ему больше падающую звезду. Он понимал, хотя смерть, потому что смерть была повсюду, каждый день, и, хотя он чувствовал, что это было то, что огненная полоска представлена, он почувствовал освобождение затопления его тела.
В результате взрыва был самый большой взрыв в истории мира, потому что это была не обычная ядерная бомба. Гриб ревел двух миль в небо большой вздох чистки и сердце, из Арканзаса в Бойсе был вычищенный в том, что был не конец, а начало Newworld.
BVC
+325|6665
http://www.medicaldaily.com/gay-gene-su … udy-240813

TL;DR: Fertile women are more likely to have gay kids, which is why homosexuality hasn't been "bred out" by evolution.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

A2TG2 wrote:

Look dude,
[ere be google-translated  nonesense]
k, i looked at that. now what?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

1Things like skin pigmentation can have psychological and sociological aspects to it because of the cultural factor. Also, there's a difference between promotion and awareness and multiple levels of each. Fingering each other in public to troll haters is not the same thing as trying to stop getting treated like you have leprosy.

2How difficult can that be? Gay Man A comes to school encouraging kids to try same-sex intercourse. Gay Man B comes to school telling kids some of the facts of alternate sexual orientations and that it's not OK to hate on or discriminate against those different than yourself. All the proto-men out there seem to think that it's all Gay Man A.

3Yeah, I'll work on getting rid of that dandelion while Russia hedges on excavating its own toxin-laden soil.

Shahter wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1the whole sexuality thing is not black and white, it's very complex and provides for a whole spectrum of different conditions in humans. homosexuality is "more broken" than pigmentation because it's NOT strictly genetic - it also has psychological and social aspects to it and thus can be influenced in people via social means. if that could be possible with, say, color blindness do you seriously think it would be okay to allow public promotion of that?

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

BVC wrote:

2when you find a way to do one without the other, let us know. also, we already have laws in place designed to protect anyone from discrimination. as i said before, the fact that those "human rights activists" aren't taking their problems to the court of law but instead try to make public spectacles kinda speaks for their actual goals in this.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

3well, first that's not the standard we try to establish here, and second what makes you think we are interested in knowing what you find acceptable? go clean your own lawn.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Things like skin pigmentation can have psychological and sociological aspects to it because of the cultural factor.
yes, but you can't change one's skin pigmentation via social means.

Also, there's a difference between promotion and awareness and multiple levels of each. Fingering each other in public to troll haters is not the same thing as trying to stop getting treated like you have leprosy.
already answered this. nobody treats homosexuality here like leprosy.

How difficult can that be? Gay Man A comes to school encouraging kids to try same-sex intercourse. Gay Man B comes to school telling kids some of the facts of alternate sexual orientations and that it's not OK to hate on or discriminate against those different than yourself. All the proto-men out there seem to think that it's all Gay Man A.
when was the last time you came here and seen for yourself what the "gay man B"-es actually do?

Yeah, I'll work on getting rid of that dandelion while Russia hedges on excavating its own toxin-laden soil.
you do that, and leave us alone. we are all a lot better off that way.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Extra Medium wrote:

The instinct to reproduce is THE strongest instinct in the animal kingdom.  Gay people's reproductive instinct is obviously broken so how the hell does that NOT constitute a mental disorder?
Yet a huge number of species exhibit homosexual behaviour. Humans are not the species this is most common in.

Do gay penguins or ducks who indulge in homosexual behaviour have mental disorders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an … l_behavior

The reason for it being less common in people is more to do with social attitudes and taboos.

It is certainly not unheard of for some animals to have two same sex 'parents' raising their young.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Shahter wrote:

i hear ya, bro. start treating those "backward, ignorant, discriminatory, prejudiced cunts" like we do - by forbidding them to promote homosexuality among the minors, for example - and maybe we'll find some common ground in this after all.
there are people who were born color blind - they are not allowed to drive in russia. there are people with flat feet - they are not allowed to enter army or police in russia. there are gays - they are not allowed to promote their homosexuality among minors in russia. there are all kind of conditions in humans that get them treated differently from other people, and, personally, i have no problem with shutting down those who would make a public spectacle of that.
not many. but, given the fact that homosexuality if not strictly genetic and has been shown to have phychological and social aspects to it, some may.
Here you are stating, very clearly, exactly what I said earlier and have consistently been saying throughout.

You agree that it is discriminating against gays. Then go on to justify this - which would be fine, were there any legitimate basis for it, aside from your 'it might turn children gay' paranoia, the sort of homophobic paranoia that often goes hand in hand with repressed homosexual urges.

It is far more likely to further demonise homosexuality in Russia - which I believe is the true purpose of this law, leading to more teenage gays killing themselves. It's not even a case of promoting homosexuality as you have suggested, but suggesting that homosexual relationships should be in any way equal. That is not promotion. There is a huge difference between campaigning for equality and promoting something.

It's very clear what you're saying - it just sounds like backward drivel coming from a narrow minded, homophobe.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Bertster7 wrote:

[stating stuff, grasping at straws]
since you provided zero justification for any of your claims, i'll just ignore you for now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard