Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Currently there are national laws which the federal government enforces. This is mostly related to drugs and financial crime though the FBI handels stuff like kidnappings. Each one of the 50 states are allowed to make their own criminal law codes and enforce as they please as long as they don't contradict national laws or the constitution. I don't like this system and believe we should have a single national law code that both state and federal authorities have to enforce.
In a statement released Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida condemned the statutory rape prosecution of 18-year-old Kaitlyn Hunt.

“The facts as we understand them suggest that the state is prosecuting Kaitlyn for engaging in behavior that is both fairly innocuous and extremely common,” the organization said.

Kaitlyn Ashley Hunt of Sebastian, Florida was arrested in February on two counts of lewd or lascivious battery on child because of her lesbian relationship with a 15-year-old classmate. Kaitlyn’s parents have admitted the two teens “had ONE mutual consenting sexual experience,” but blamed the arrest on the younger girl’s “bigoted” parents.

Despite a public outcry, a Florida state attorney said he would not drop the case.

“Such behavior occurs every day in tens of thousands of high schools across the country, yet those other students are not facing felony convictions (and, in Florida, the lifetime consequences of a felony conviction) and potential lifelong branding as sex offenders,” the ACLU said.

“This is a life sentence for behavior by teenagers that is all too common, whether they are male or female, gay or straight. High-school relationships may be fleeting, but felony convictions are not.”
In many states not Florida there are exceptions allowing someone under a certain age to break the consent laws as long as certain conditions apply. Most of the northern states have these. The southern and midwestern states do not. I am not making a case for consent laws to be changed specifically but I think it is time we brought those two parts of the country into the 21 century by enforcing a national legal code that they can not let their silly little rural selves tinker with. I really don't care about their states right since they only scream about those when it comes to people telling them they cannot make blacks and gays lives horrible. So- we should have a national criminal code that is written using liberal values.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

I think the states that still have capital punishment as an option wouldn't like this one bit.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6754|Oxferd Ohire
Similar case happened here but I can't find it
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5716
never going to happen.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma
Absolutely NO!

It simply furthers the degradation of states rights.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Extra Medium wrote:

Absolutely NO!

do you have a "don't tread on me" bumper sticker?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Extra Medium wrote:

Absolutely NO!

That is a good thing.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Absolutely NO!

That is a good thing.
How is the degradation of states rights a good thing?  Literally whichever side of the fence you are on states rights has benefited you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

The real question is, "which 'American needs a national criminal law code.'"
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
Trollololol

I don't really no what to say about this.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Spearhead wrote:

Trollololol

I don't really no what to say about this.
You don't know.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
Ok now
BVC
+325|6712
There are so many things wrong with this.

Are they being singled out for being gay?  Maybe.  Would a 18yo male receive so much public support?  Hell no.  Are they using their sexuality and gender as tools to leverage the media?  You bet.

She's a sex offender, thats all there is to it.  Equal rights, equal responsibilities.

Last edited by BVC (2013-05-21 23:53:33)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

BVC wrote:

Are they being singled out for being gay?  Maybe.  Would a 18yo male receive so much public support?  Hell no.  Are they using their sexuality and gender as tools to leverage the media?  You bet.

She's a sex offender, thats all there is to it.  Equal rights, equal responsibilities.
yeah i bet shes such a pedo for dating someone 3 years younger.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
I think the problem here is that the constitution basically sucks.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
BVC
+325|6712

Cybargs wrote:

BVC wrote:

yeah i bet shes such a pedo for dating someone 3 years younger.
If you're going to try and argue, at least try and respond to what I actually wrote, and not to whatever you imagined it to be.  A sex offender is someone who breaks criminal laws concerning sexual interaction.  A pedo is someone who wants to fuck kids.  I referred to her as a sex offender, not a pedo.

But the issue of whether or not it should be legal for a 18yo to fuck a 14yo isn't what I'm getting at here, and I'm not casting any moral judgement on that, only making an observation within the context of current laws.

The issue I'm getting at is the special treatment she seems to desire, and how granting based on the leveraging of her sexuality/gender it would be an act of sexism and/or sexual bigotry.

Last edited by BVC (2013-05-22 18:09:20)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think the problem here is that the constitution basically sucks.
237 years worth of suck.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma
Also, Oklahoma kicks ass.  Check out this thing we did that no one else seems to be able to fucking do for some unknown reason.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=1 … tId=112042
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

I doubt many people choose to live Oklahoma voluntarily. The Midwest is being depopulated due to young people wanting to get out. Oklahoma will be next once the economy improves and people cab move.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5716
those states shouldn't even receive two US senate spots. the country is held hostage because jasper thinks any form of government is bad government.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Agree. We need to change how our upper house works.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

13/f/taiwan wrote:

those states shouldn't even receive two US senate spots. the country is held hostage because jasper thinks any form of government is bad government.
Two words.

STATES RIGHTS

I fail to see how this concept is universally dismissed.

People can stay in Oklahoma, Texas, Utah or wherever and pass laws based on what the local population finds most appealing without affecting people in New York, California or Connecticut and their opposing views and vice versa.

The simplest solution is usually the best solution.

Also, I am not comprehending why you think Oklahoma is holding anyone hostage because they passed a law that limits religious fucktards from protesting children killed by a natural disasters funerals.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-05-23 17:07:15)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4212|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

I doubt many people choose to live Oklahoma voluntarily. The Midwest is being depopulated due to young people wanting to get out. Oklahoma will be next once the economy improves and people cab move.
You do realize that the economies of the midwestern states are orders of magnitude better than the states in New England and on the coasts right?  Most of their populations are booming due to people moving in to escape the economic dumpsters of places like California.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

Also, Oklahoma kicks ass.  Check out this thing we did that no one else seems to be able to fucking do for some unknown reason.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=1 … tId=112042
That article was posted in 2011. Don't they still come close regardless?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

You do realize that the economies of the midwestern states are orders of magnitude better than the states in New England and on the coasts right?  Most of their populations are booming due to people moving in to escape the economic dumpsters of places like California.
those places are much poorer than anywhere else in the country. The only place doing good is that city on the border where they have oil. Lets see how long that last. Also you are wrong. The midwest is being gutted of people.
http://www.bigpictureagriculture.com/20 … es-to.html
https://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m564/Kalpa2/chartsKalpaBigPictureAgriculture/todo50-12.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard