Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Canin wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Canin wrote:

I agree with this.

If someone who has had a career job and lost it has to take a minimum wage job and supplement it with government assistance for a time, that is fine. I think they call it being under employed.

Those who are under employed should continue to look for a better paying job, not resign themselves to a minimum wage job and hope the government increases the minimum wage to make up what they lost.
Aren't you a delivery person?
No, I repair food equipment. Its a skilled trade. I am making over 20.00 an hour. My wife stays at home with my 4 kids, and I am able to barely support everything we need.

And what do you do, since you are so inclined to have the minimum wage raised?
Assuming you do 8 hours a day and work 5 days a week you make a little less than $40,000 a year. That isn't a great job.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

Macbeth wrote:

Assuming you do 8 hours a day and work 5 days a week you make a little less than $40,000 a year. That isn't a great job.
it's an honest job, and he's acquired skills.

pray tell macbeth, outside of washing cars and taking up space in asylums, what skills have you amassed in your beautiful, new jersey life?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

i thought so.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

I was actually working on the cars. A skilled trade. I was making a little under $30,000 a year.

According to the U.S. poverty guidelines he is barely above the poverty line.
http://www.njb.uscourts.gov/content/poverty-guidelines

In NJ the median income for a household, assuming 2 kids I think, is $55,000. By NJ standards he is poor and by U.S. federal standards just hanging on.

I am not trying to be a dick but unless you are making bank you probably should avoid judging other people's job choices. Just a thought.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

How much do you make a year burnzz's? I would like to compare it with the average income of all other drug convicted former inmates.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

Macbeth wrote:

How much do you make a year burnzz's? I would like to compare it with the average income of all other drug convicted former inmates.
i make just under fifty large, if i were to share it with you, after a life of driving a forklift, driving a 53" truck, teaching myself how to extract IC chips, having 7 certifications and generally being more adapted at my advanced age to cope with today's world than to someone from bayonne that chokes on an english majors' nuts.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6492|Foothills of S. Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

Canin wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Aren't you a delivery person?
No, I repair food equipment. Its a skilled trade. I am making over 20.00 an hour. My wife stays at home with my 4 kids, and I am able to barely support everything we need.

And what do you do, since you are so inclined to have the minimum wage raised?
Not that its really your business, but with OT through out the year, I gross close to 60k and take home most of that, since I pay very little in federal income tax.

Again, what do you do that makes you so inclined to have the minimum wage increased?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

Canin wrote:

Again, what do you do that makes you so inclined to have the minimum wage increased?
Canin, it will be very hard to discern macbeth's answer from inside uzique's rectum. he washes cars and takes up space in new jersey sanitoriums, pay him no heed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX
For one thing a high min wage discourages people from running unproductive businesses.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Canin

Dilbert_X wrote:

For one thing a high min wage discourages people from running unproductive businesses.
It would also cut down on that companies available workforce.

It dawns on me now, the reason for the government wanting to increase the minimum wage so drastically. With the added strain of obamacare, and the employers reducing everyones hours to below a 30 hour work week, this is the governments attempt to pacify those entry level earners who lost thier hours due to the cutbacks....
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Still you said yourself you are just managing to support your family. You should avoid criticizing other people's jobs and choices of work since you are on the lower end of the economic curve. It is especially funny you were agreeing with Ilocano who would slit his wrist if he made as much as you do.

Me? I quit my job a few months back so my rent, car, utilities, cell phone, and all other life expenses are covered by my parents. I was making a little under $30,000 a year fixing cars before though. I hated it. Was making over minimum wage.

I'm not trying to make fun of you or put you down over your life's work or something. I just don't think like it when lower wage people shit on people just a little bit below them.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6514

https://i.imgur.com/gXnx6zT.jpg
Canin

Macbeth wrote:

Still you said yourself you are just managing to support your family. You should avoid criticizing other people's jobs and choices of work since you are on the lower end of the economic curve. It is especially funny you were agreeing with Ilocano who would slit his wrist if he made as much as you do.

Me? I quit my job a few months back so my rent, car, utilities, cell phone, and all other life expenses are covered by my parents. I was making a little under $30,000 a year fixing cars before though. I hated it. Was making over minimum wage.

I'm not trying to make fun of you or put you down over your life's work or something. I just don't think like it when lower wage people shit on people just a little bit below them.
I am just managing to support my family, without government assistance, because of bad debt choices I made when I was younger. I am not shitting on anyone. I made minimum wage when it was 3.15 an hour, and I was 16. Its called minimum wage for a reason, you twit. Learn a skill, go to school and get a degree, and go out and look for a real career. Dont expect one to be handed to you, and dont expect the government to raise you up. All of us who make more than minimum wage get screwed when the government dictates that it needs to be raised. If you cant figure that out now, while living off of mommy and daddy, you are lost and better hope you can find your way.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6702|United States of America

Macbeth wrote:

I was actually working on the cars. A skilled trade. I was making a little under $30,000 a year.

In NJ the median income for a household, assuming 2 kids I think, is $55,000. By NJ standards he is poor and by U.S. federal standards just hanging on.

I am not trying to be a dick but unless you are making bank you probably should avoid judging other people's job choices. Just a thought.
Working on cars for you yielded only slightly less than what I make. That's like the most depressing thing ever. (Granted, my job is shitty and I'm sure I'm overqualified, but gotta take little babby steps)
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

DesertFox- wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Working on cars for you yielded only slightly less than what I make. That's like the most depressing thing ever. (Granted, my job is shitty and I'm sure I'm overqualified, but gotta take little babby steps)
Some cars techs make a $100,000 gross if you can believe it. It is such a shitty job though that I would happily take half of that to work in an office.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-04-24 19:57:12)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

Canin wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

I am just managing to support my family, without government assistance, because of bad debt choices I made when I was younger. I am not shitting on anyone. I made minimum wage when it was 3.15 an hour, and I was 16. Its called minimum wage for a reason, you twit. Learn a skill, go to school and get a degree, and go out and look for a real career. Dont expect one to be handed to you, and dont expect the government to raise you up. All of us who make more than minimum wage get screwed when the government dictates that it needs to be raised. If you cant figure that out now, while living off of mommy and daddy, you are lost and better hope you can find your way.
Whatever. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be giving lectures on how to get a career and criticizing people who aren't as well enough as you are when you are still behind the curve.
Canin

By the way, the cost of living is less where I live. If I lived in Newark, I would probably be making somewhere close to 85-90K. Well above your median line. Cost of living is 40% higher in Newark, so pay for my field would be equivilant.

Last edited by Canin (2013-04-24 20:04:08)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

A rise of 40% in cost of living doesn't automatically translate to 40% more income... Especially when you work in a highly industrialized place that is heavily populated. You would find that there are a lot more people with your skill set here than bumblefuck Carolina. Good luck raising 4 kids on 90,000 a year in NJ too.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida
I'm not sure about the specifics but I think a lot of seasonal farm workers work for much less than 7.25 an hour.  Sucks pretty hard.  Can't really get an education or learn trade skills when you don't speak very good english, have no identification and live in a shack in the middle of nowhere.  I feel truly bad for those people.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4271

Macbeth wrote:

Canin wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Whatever. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be giving lectures on how to get a career and criticizing people who aren't as well enough as you are when you are still behind the curve.
you'd rather be lectured by a one-percenter? oh okay.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6732|US
It would be good for people making minimum wage.  I would not be good for people who are unemployed and got priced out of the market.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

RAIMIUS wrote:

It would be good for people making minimum wage except the ones fired to make room.  It would not be good for people who are unemployed and got priced out of the market.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6732|US

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

It would be good for people making minimum wage except the ones fired to make room.  It would not be good for people who are unemployed and got priced out of the market.
Yes, that was the point about those priced out of the market.  Yes, the "I" should have been "It."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard