SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

what was your solution again? some buzzwords about all getting along? sounds useful.
There are no American conservative/Libertarian solutions to this problem. You either would need redistribution of wealth to equalize outcomes or the sort of cultural nation building that takes place in newly independent countries. The latter requires spending and encroachment on individual/consumer choice.
Yeah? You think reparations would make the problem go away? What sort of redistribution do you want?
I don't want reparations. I think it would do more harm than good especially if it was called reparations.

To close the racial wealth gap and treat racism, I would like higher investment in public services. Staffing up education, maintenance, public works, and even police with minorities. Too much public institutions and workplaces especially in our part of the country are still run by whites who got their jobs through family going back generations. And while it may seem unfair to extract whites from public services in favor of minorities, I think it is important that a population receives their policing and services from people representative of their community. That is the difference between an occupation and community policing. An example you may better understand: During the Iraqi occupation, when the U.S. was putting trying to staff new police forces in the cities did they put out hiring notices in the community or did they try to hire young adults from upstate New York for those jobs? Higher overall investment in American public services would all make the whole thing much less zero sum.

I think we need more police by the way. I oppose the abolishment movement. My position has always been this: the police are not over oppressing minorities. Whites just aren't oppressed enough too.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

There are no American conservative/Libertarian solutions to this problem. You either would need redistribution of wealth to equalize outcomes or the sort of cultural nation building that takes place in newly independent countries. The latter requires spending and encroachment on individual/consumer choice.
Yeah? You think reparations would make the problem go away? What sort of redistribution do you want?
I don't want reparations. I think it would do more harm than good especially if it was called reparations.

To close the racial wealth gap and treat racism, I would like higher investment in public services. Staffing up education, maintenance, public works, and even police with minorities. Too much public institutions and workplaces especially in our part of the country are still run by whites who got their jobs through family going back generations. And while it may seem unfair to extract whites from public services in favor of minorities, I think it is important that a population receives their policing and services from people representative of their community. That is the difference between an occupation and community policing. An example you may better understand: During the Iraqi occupation, when the U.S. was putting trying to staff new police forces in the cities did they put out hiring notices in the community or did they try to hire young adults from upstate New York for those jobs? Higher overall investment in American public services would all make the whole thing much less zero sum.

I think we need more police by the way. I oppose the abolishment movement. My position has always been this: the police are not over oppressing minorities. Whites just aren't oppressed enough too.
Horrific opinion. Setting that aside, the problem is not that too many white people apply, it's that too many minorities do not. Again, how many minorities took the exam with you? My buddy just took it on Long Island and he said of the hundreds of people there, he could count on both hands the number of minorities taking it with him. The black people that would benefit most from the higher, stable income, are the ones least inclined to be seen as selling out. And middle class black people aren't going to become cops because they already have the pick of the litter for jobs.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
I already explained how many minorities applied. It's not a matter of avoiding selling out. The problem is institutional gatekeepers being hesitant to hire minorities and the hiring process being convoluted to the point where you need to be trained from childhood to be able to navigate it.

You live in the suburbs. Uzique is more of an urbanite than you at this point.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So we should put white cops through "sensitivity training"? Do we need a different phrase than "sensitivity training" to not make them feel bad about it? Can we hire more minority cops too?
Yes to both. Good luck on getting more minority cops though. How many minorities were with you when you took your police exam?
An overwhelming amount. Around 50% or more.

There is no shortage of high functioning minorities capable of keeping the lights running in America. Getting hired into public institutions is the hard part when you have pig men guarding the gates.
Larssen
+99|1889
I reckon it starts with fixing infrastructure, schools & subsidising/promoting the creation of small enterprises / businesses in low income areas, increase minimum wage while you're at it. I made the point before: representation and 'equal opportunity' policies won't help downtrodden areas become less downtrodden, which is a huge factor in the people from those areas having less opportunities in life, being subjected to more policing etc. There's a confluence of socioeconomic status, area of residence and race in many western countries but most obviously in the united states. People need to stop seeing their immediate surroundings as a hellhole from which they need to escape. A middle class needs to grow in traditional low-income/racially segregated places for the community at large to experience the most improvements.
uziq
+492|3454
i live in the geographic centre of a medium-sized city. basically midtown. i am super urban. i buy crack from rapping gangsters in high-rise stairwells.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

uziq wrote:

i live in the geographic centre of a medium-sized city. basically midtown. i am super urban. i buy crack from rapping gangsters in high-rise stairwells.
Yes, you live in a city but you are also an apex homosexual. You people shouldn't even be allowed in cities.
uziq
+492|3454
i reject your entire hypothesis.
Larssen
+99|1889
So what about the tearing down of the statue of columbus in richmond & beheading of it in boston? Honestly I can't condone the destruction of historically significant landmarks because of contemporary revisionism. I believe both were about 100 years old if not older.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

Larssen wrote:

So what about the tearing down of the statue of columbus in richmond & beheading of it in boston? Honestly I can't condone the destruction of historically significant landmarks because of contemporary revisionism. I believe both were about 100 years old if not older.
"The Earth belongs to the living" - Thomas Jefferson. Iconoclasm isn't revisionism.

We had a similar issue here in Jersey City a minority majority city. They have a statue dedicated to the Katyn massacre of World War 2 Poland. The Polish community that used to live in the city built it but didn't take it with them when they white flighted to the suburbs. The mayor wanted to get rid of it to build a park but people complained and we are stuck with this ugly looking shit:
https://28nwgk2wx3p52fe6o9419sg5-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Exchange-Place-Jersey-City-Katyn-Memorial.jpg
The Earth belongs to the living and the city belongs to the people still living there. Tear it down and build a park or put another statue as long as it's not Martin Luther King Jr.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

@larssen

That's probably less revisionist than it is history in the making. People in charge of overseeing a statue's care should have a finger on the pulse of the community, and maybe move them to a more secure, contextual site like a museum if they feel they're in danger. I don't really get why we need to have Confederate memorials erected next to city halls, for example.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
NASCAR will no longer allow the Confederate flag to be displayed at events and properties, according to a statement this afternoon.

“The presence of the confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry. Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties," the statement said.
Rick G@lt, what do you think?

In other news, Trump says we will not be renaming bases named after Confederate generals. I kind of agree. That should be an internal military decision.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Triggering the libs. MAGA
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/200610095309-franklinville-nj-all-lives-matter-protest-reenactment-large-tease.jpg
uziq
+492|3454
those people should be looked at in the same way as the westboro baptist church. shit is borderline insane.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
Can you imagine being the Cuck selected to lay face down on concrete?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
It's not surprising NASCAR isn't dumb and theyre losing lots of viewers, being a redneck sport doesn't help that cause they're all on meth not watching tv
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
For what it's worth I think it's a terrible idea. The NBA crowd isn't going to turn into NASCAR fans.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Larssen wrote:

Aww, you don't condone destroying a monument to colonialism because it was put up 400 years after Columbus set foot in Hispaniola?

You lack perspective.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I guess one of my cousins on facebook posted about what columbus day means to italian americans blah blah blah. One of my older brothers replied and kind of set him straight. My cousins are leaders of the local Italian heritage org in Denver and named their kids traditional italian names. They even went so far as to legally change their (my) last names to the traditional Italian spelling. Boggles my fucking mind. These are 3rd generation Americans who tried their hardest to follow in the footsteps of previous italian-american families like Genovese, Columbo, Bonnano, etc. right down to the federal indictments.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I guess one of my cousins on facebook posted about what columbus day means to italian americans blah blah blah. One of my older brothers replied and kind of set him straight. My cousins are leaders of the local Italian heritage org in Denver and named their kids traditional italian names. They even went so far as to legally change their (my) last names to the traditional Italian spelling. Boggles my fucking mind. These are 3rd generation Americans who tried their hardest to follow in the footsteps of previous italian-american families like Genovese, Columbo, Bonnano, etc. right down to the federal indictments.
Is your brother named Tony and your cousins named Silvio, Chris, and Patsy?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

most of my immediate family have catholic names. I was named after St. Brendan. My youngest brother and my sister (the two youngest children) are amalgams of both parents' names.
uziq
+492|3454
ken genova. it sick it piss
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

https://twitter.com/mynamegangg/status/ … 4224001024

I don't like using 'oof' lightly, but oof.
Larssen
+99|1889

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Aww, you don't condone destroying a monument to colonialism because it was put up 400 years after Columbus set foot in Hispaniola?

You lack perspective.
It's a shift in remembrance from an emphasis on his discovery of the americas to his role in later colonialism. Nothing anyone didn't already know as this has been written about for decades if not centuries as well. Whatever the case, for probably about 99% of the people living in the USA today it's safe to say columbus is one of the binding historical factors that got them all there.

Campaign to add a plaque highlighting his controversial role in history, put it somewhere else, have it placed in a museum - but destroying monuments? I'm not a fan of iconoclasm, esp. when it is about individuals or structures that hold a deserved place in public memory/history. That he's a dick in light of our changed morals and ethics applies to all the settlers, probably your founding fathers & the majority of people who figure in history books. It's just arbitrary vandalism to provoke controversy, nothing else.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard