Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX
Holy fuck, he's actually unhinged.

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," Mr Trump said.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-02/ … s/12312056

Beating up journalists half an hour before the curfew, nice one.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-06-02 01:19:58)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3724
"LAPD show up to a store that requested help against looters cuff the black store owner"
https://old.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFr … sted_help/

Crowd of peaceful protesters attacked by police.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Seattle/commen … _happened/

Police officer in Richmond, VA spits on and near a detained protester multiple times, during a pandemic
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … nd_near_a/

Moment protesters were cleared so the president could visit a church for a photo op.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … ashington/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … _peaceful/

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-06-02 05:37:18)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1892

Dilbert_X wrote:

Holy fuck, he's actually unhinged.

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," Mr Trump said.
Removing life and property by levelling the city solves the problem. Hard to argue with that logic
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
Restart the economy by rebuilding cities. Decrease unemployment by killing citizens.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3457
i am amazed how quickly the federal government can bark at state-level leaders and coordinate a militarized response to civil protest.

and yet, +6 months into a pandemic, the same leadership are still kicking responsibility into the long grass.

just goes to show what's more important in america. queue-n-consume order and glass storefronts.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

uziq wrote:

i am amazed how quickly the federal government can bark at state-level leaders and coordinate a militarized response to civil protest.

and yet, +6 months into a pandemic, the same leadership are still kicking responsibility into the long grass.

just goes to show what's more important in america. queue-n-consume order and glass storefronts.
We aren't France. We don't look at rioting as a rite of passage.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
France doesn't 'look at rioting as a rite of passage' did you get this from one of the blogs you follow?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6160972334001#sp=show-clips

Yes, yes, Fox News, but this is a good monologue by Tucker Carlson
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3457

Jay wrote:

a good monologue by Tucker Carlson
said no sapient being in the history of the multiverse.
uziq
+492|3457

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

your country was founded in rioting and commemorates said rebellion.

what the FUCK are you talking about? 'civil disobedience' is one of the very central tenets of the american 'philosophy'. it's right there in thoreau.

my god you are one illiterate bootlicking piglet..
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

what the FUCK are you talking about? 'civil disobedience' is one of the very central tenets of the american 'philosophy'. it's right there in thoreau.

Who's the thick one here? Who's been the one ranting that no one needs guns and that right wing people with guns are a danger and that the only people that should have weapons are cops? You, you dumb fuck.

This isn't civil disobedience, this is rioting and looting. No one has any problem with the peaceful protesters making their point. March, chant, fine. When you start being aggressive towards others you lose all moral standing. When you start attacking and injuring people on the street, you lose moral standing. When you steal, and burn, you lose moral standing. This has been going on for seven days, and it's gone well beyond any meaningful protest related to the death of George Floyd. It is being used as a platform so morons like ken (notice he's been gone for several days?) can go LARP their feelings out about how much cops suck and deserve to die and how the capitalist system needs to burn. This is every leftist living out their wildest violent fantasies right now. If they could manage to assassinate Trump, this would be the perfect protest in their eyes.

This was one of those rare times when there was universal condemnation aimed at one target, the cop with his knee on the neck of George Floyd, and now it's just a shitshow. Now the law and order types want more law and order, and the anarchist types want more anarchy and hatred directed at cops because the cops... did their job stopping them. We're now more divided than we were before. Now we hate each other more.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Who's the thick one here? Who's been the one ranting that no one needs guns and that right wing people with guns are a danger and that the only people that should have weapons are cops? You, you dumb fuck.

This isn't civil disobedience, this is rioting and looting. No one has any problem with the peaceful protesters making their point. March, chant, fine. When you start being aggressive towards others you lose all moral standing. When you start attacking and injuring people on the street, you lose moral standing. When you steal, and burn, you lose moral standing. This has been going on for seven days, and it's gone well beyond any meaningful protest related to the death of George Floyd. It is being used as a platform so morons like ken (notice he's been gone for several days?) can go LARP their feelings out about how much cops suck and deserve to die and how the capitalist system needs to burn. This is every leftist living out their wildest violent fantasies right now. If they could manage to assassinate Trump, this would be the perfect protest in their eyes.

This was one of those rare times when there was universal condemnation aimed at one target, the cop with his knee on the neck of George Floyd, and now it's just a shitshow. Now the law and order types want more law and order, and the anarchist types want more anarchy and hatred directed at cops because the cops... did their job stopping them. We're now more divided than we were before. Now we hate each other more.

Maybe one day, when you've built something worth defending, you'll understand why calling me a bootlicker doesn't injure me in the slightest. Maybe you'll understand that to build within a society, rules need to be established, that they serve a purpose, and that when people can indiscriminately commit violent acts, society disintegrates and nothing is worth building towards. Nihilism is not my religion.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3457
the vast majority of protests are peaceful, precisely civil disobedience. trump's ploy to make out that 'antifa' are organizing nationwide to loot and pillage handily skirts over, and thus dismisses, the legitimate concerns and peaceful protests of most people. the entire racial aspect has hardly been acknowledged by trump or the white house: it's all lefty this, fake news that, antifa terrorism, blah blah blah.

there are countless videos in this thread alone where police are dispersing peaceful protestors by force. trump just cleared out a peaceful protest, sanctioned and allowed, within the limits of a curfew, using teargas and stun grenades, so that he could take a stroll for a photo-opportunity. how is that democracy? where was the riot? where was the looting? your democratic rights, your fundamental american right to civil disobedience, are being trampled by gung-ho policing and now the military. not good.

yes, all those people self-defending themselves with guns (or a bow-and-arrow, or a machete) turned out so well. bludgeoned half into comas and kicked into a pile of bloodied bones. what we need are all those fatsos with AR-15s who liked the photo-op at the capitol building to come out and spray down some crowds! the pro-gun arguments work so well! or maybe some more pissed off people in st. louis should shoot at the police! yes, yes! more guns, not less!

what sort of libertarian, are you, anyway? one in support of police shooting people stood peacefully on their own property? one where protestors are dismissed and people being knocked over by cops shrugged at? funny sort of liberty you espouse. you sound more like an authoritarian who is out to filch and line his own pockets from those with whom you curry favour.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-02 07:56:34)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

the vast majority of protests are peaceful, precisely civil disobedience. trump's ploy to make out that 'antifa' are organizing nationwide to loot and pillage handily skirts over, and thus dismisses, the legitimate concerns and peaceful protests of most people. the entire racial aspect has hardly been acknowledged by trump or the white house: it's all lefty this, fake news that, antifa terrorism, blah blah blah.

there are countless videos in this thread alone where police are dispersing peaceful protestors by force. trump just cleared out a peaceful protest, sanctioned and allowed, within the limits of a curfew, using teargas and stun grenades, so that he could take a stroll for a photo-opportunity. how is that democracy? where was the riot? where was the looting? your democratic rights, your fundamental american right to civil disobedience, are being trampled by gung-ho policing and now the military. not good.

yes, all those people self-defending themselves with guns (or a bow-and-arrow, or a machete) turned out so well. bludgeoned half into comas and kicked into a pile of bloodied bones. what we need are all those fatsos with AR-15s who liked the photo-op at the capitol building to come out and spray down some crowds! the pro-gun arguments work so well!

what sort of libertarian, are you, anyway? one in support of police shooting people stood peacefully on their own property? one where protestors are dismissed and people being knocked over by cops shrugged at? funny sort of liberty you espouse. you sound more like an authoritarian who is out to filch and line his own pockets from those whom you curry favour.
I'm a libertarian that believes in the Non-Aggression Principle. I believe people forfeit their right to non-violent response when they commit violent acts. I believe that failure to use peer pressure to condemn violence is an act of complicit violence. I don't feel bad when violent agitators get batoned just like I don't feel bad if an internet troll gets punched in the mouth. Words can be violence too. I don't believe that consequence free environments should exist in any form.

I am a libertarian, not an anarchist. I recognize that there needs to be a criminal justice system in place to keep the peace and limit aggression. I do not desire to descend with my fellow man into a state of nature.

Last edited by Jay (2020-06-02 08:02:10)

-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1892
It's funny how you think riots in 50+ cities are all just looters and criminals. Ah well, sometimes society needs a little violence to be compelled to change. What this accomplishes is expose excessively violent police departments all over the country.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-06-02 08:13:11)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Larssen wrote:

It's funny how you think riots in 50+ cities are all just looters and criminals. Ah well, sometimes society needs a little violence to be compelled to change. What this accomplishes is expose excessively violent police departments all over the country.
That was already exposed and widely known. Do you think violent protest against cops will make cops change their behavior, or will it harden them?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
When has the reactionary crackdown ever been lighter than the original violence?

Last edited by Jay (2020-06-02 08:17:36)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3457

Jay wrote:

When has the reactionary crackdown ever been lighter than the original violence?
beautiful logic!

why is the libertarian justifying state repression and crackdowns? why are you condoning the use of force by a government upon its citizens at all?

you need to examine your political ideology. it's due for an update. maybe reach for another impressive-sounding label. fascist is one.
Larssen
+99|1892

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

That was already exposed and widely known. Do you think violent protest against cops will make cops change their behavior, or will it harden them?
Seeing as how the torturous murder of one man sparked riots all over the country and damages in billions, your cops better get the message.
uziq
+492|3457

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

yes, all those people self-defending themselves with guns (or a bow-and-arrow, or a machete) turned out so well. bludgeoned half into comas and kicked into a pile of bloodied bones. what we need are all those fatsos with AR-15s who liked the photo-op at the capitol building to come out and spray down some crowds! the pro-gun arguments work so well!

what sort of libertarian, are you, anyway? one in support of police shooting people stood peacefully on their own property? one where protestors are dismissed and people being knocked over by cops shrugged at? funny sort of liberty you espouse. you sound more like an authoritarian who is out to filch and line his own pockets from those whom you curry favour.
I'm a libertarian that believes in the Non-Aggression Principle. I believe people forfeit their right to non-violent response when they commit violent acts. I believe that failure to use peer pressure to condemn violence is an act of complicit violence. I don't feel bad when violent agitators get batoned just like I don't feel bad if an internet troll gets punched in the mouth. Words can be violence too. I don't believe that consequence free environments should exist in any form.

I am a libertarian, not an anarchist. I recognize that there needs to be a criminal justice system in place to keep the peace and limit aggression. I do not desire to descend with my fellow man into a state of nature.
that's greeeeaaaaat and all but none of it addresses the fact that dozens of peaceful protests are, daily, recorded and uploaded, being dispersed by over-zealous policing. old men being knocked over with nothing-the-fuck to do with violence or inciting thereof. what do you say to that? you two pages ago just argued people 'were just getting paintballed' when cops rolled down their street and took pot-shots at them on their own porch. peacefully assembled people in their own home, on private property. two pages ago you just greeted a video of a woman being shoved to the floor with 'what do you expect, being there? dumb bitch'.

none of your above flatulence even addresses it. why not? this stuff should make you burn as a 'non-aggression principle libertarian'.

lol punched in the mouth. you couldn't even swing for me you triplex-chinnethed gammon.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-02 08:24:23)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

beautiful logic!

why is the libertarian justifying state repression and crackdowns? why are you condoning the use of force by a government upon its citizens at all?

you need to examine your political ideology. it's due for an update. maybe reach for another impressive-sounding label. fascist is one.
Why is highlighting a universal truth condoning it? I am saying the reaction was inevitable, and was expected and embraced. They knew what they were doing when they tossed molotov cocktails at police officers. There's no innocence or ignorance to fall back on.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3457
lol universal truth. are you aristotle now? the only universal truth is your hypocrisy and inability to follow through any premise to its conclusion.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Seeing as how the torturous murder of one man sparked riots all over the country and damages in billions, your cops better get the message.
And let the criminals dictate acceptable behavior? You don't know many cops, do you?
-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1892

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

And let the criminals dictate acceptable behavior? You don't know many cops, do you?
Had their culture not condoned excessive violence and apparently racist behaviour, there would be no riots such as this.

I would argue the police force exists to maintain calm, order and rule of law in your society, not provoke violent reprisals from enraged mobs. 'Protect and serve' seems bogus at this point but nonetheless it's their jobs to ensure this exact scenario does not occur.

To more directly answer your question I have many, many friends in the police. Difference is, I live in a country where they understand their role. If you want to be the doorkicker, join an anti-terror unit or the military but stay away from the police.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-06-02 09:13:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard