Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2568
Please enjoy
"Upset Karen inturrupts class to complain about her son watching a school approved video"
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … ain_about/

Frankly, I am surprised and disappointed there hasn't been more of these videos though I have heard stories.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+445|2568
Can people who hold PhDs can themselves doctors?
The editorial page editor of The Wall Street Journal accused strategists for President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. of instigating a coordinated response to an op-ed article published Friday evening that called on Jill Biden, Mr. Biden’s wife, to refrain from referring to herself as “Dr. Biden” because she is not a medical doctor, but rather holds a doctorate in education.

After earning two master’s degrees, Dr. Biden received her doctorate in 2007 from the University of Delaware. She also taught English at a community college in Virginia, and has said she hopes to continue doing so while serving as first lady.

“The Ph.D. may once have held prestige, but that has been diminished by the erosion of seriousness and the relaxation of standards in university education generally,” Joseph Epstein wrote in the op-ed item.
Dr. Jill Biden is a teacher. I would call her Auntie Jill if she pushed to have some bullshit or another passed for the teachers. Trump's prostitute wife never did anything good for anyone.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+757|5533|United States of America
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,905|5481|949

I remember when a teacher at my grade school earned her PhD in education. One year she was Mrs. Teacher and the next year she was Dr. Teacher. 11 year old me was able to understand the difference from a medical doctor. I never thought I would be reading some old boomer complaining about it.
unnamednewbie13
+1,879|5621|USA

A good number of PhDs, including researchers in the orbit of medical fields, feel embarrassed or too intimidated to use the title or hear it used in reference to themselves. Like their accomplishments don't really warrant it.
uziq
+388|2301
she can use the title as she wants, that article was the most ridiculous bit of snob fluff. who opens a newspaper article by publicly addressing someone as ‘kiddo’? that epstein guy is another mediocrity who thinks he’s tom wolfe or something because he wears a bow tie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,724|4955|eXtreme to the maX
There's nothing more offensive to a Republican than someone who can think.
Its far worse if its a woman.
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
+1,879|5621|USA

pot-kettle, dilbert

uziq wrote:

she can use the title as she wants, that article was the most ridiculous bit of snob fluff. who opens a newspaper article by publicly addressing someone as ‘kiddo’? that epstein guy is another mediocrity who thinks he’s tom wolfe or something because he wears a bow tie.
It really was cancer, wasn't it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,724|4955|eXtreme to the maX
I have a friend who got his PhD, he checks into motels under 'Dr.'

To be fair I'd probably do the same.
#FreeBritney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard