Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The F35 is lookking more and more like the F4 Phantom:-

"We don't need best-in-class acceleration, agility, rate of climb, range, a canopy which lets us look behind etc because we're so badass we'll shoot every mofo out of the sky before they see us coming and be gone before they know whats hit them, and the age of the dog-fighter is over, stupid.
That and communism is stupid so communist engineers must be stupid."

Didn't work for the F4, its bound to work for the F35 right?

A cloud of hypersonic Chinese drones, which no doubt they're working on - because while Lockheed-Martin is perfecting last-decade technology and milking the taxpayer the Chinese are thinking laterally to develop the next decades technology at a tenth of the cost -would defeat them for peanuts, and probably be ready before the F35.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Agreed, F35 is a waste of fucking money.

F22 isn't as bad, we just don't need to produce more right now which we're not, thankfully. Doesn't hurt to attempt to improve it, though.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida
lol Dice thought they would be around in 2007.  lolol
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

Dilbert_X wrote:

"We don't need best-in-class acceleration, agility, rate of climb, range, a canopy which lets us look behind etc because we're so badass we'll shoot every mofo out of the sky before they see us coming and be gone before they know whats hit them, and the age of the dog-fighter is over, stupid.

A cloud of hypersonic Chinese drones, which no doubt they're working on - because while Lockheed-Martin is perfecting last-decade technology and milking the taxpayer the Chinese are thinking laterally to develop the next decades technology at a tenth of the cost -would defeat them for peanuts, and probably be ready before the F35.
since when have the chinese been known to develop ANY of their own technology?
Tu Stultus Es
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Since 5kya
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

eleven bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

before white people made their shit more useful.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

eleven bravo wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yeah, their take on the F22/F35 counter is laughable. The only similarity is the shape. They are currently FAR behind on military aerospace technology.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

War Man wrote:

F22 isn't as bad, we just don't need to produce more right now which we're not, thankfully. Doesn't hurt to attempt to improve it, though.
F35 was never meant as an improvement on the F22. F22 was american only cutting edge let's-keep-this-bad-ass-to-ourselves technology.
F35 or Joint Strike Fighter, if it makes it easier to comprehend, was always meant to be sold to allies to enhance cooperation and cut costs. F22 pure dog fighting dominance, F35 multi-role fighter bomber. Different beasts.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Kinda makes you wonder where China's military technology would be if they didn't have access to a computer to nick everyone else's. Knock'off capital of the world.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
dilbert gonna dil
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man

PrivateVendetta wrote:

War Man wrote:

F35 was never meant as an improvement on the F22. F22 was american only cutting edge let's-keep-this-bad-ass-to-ourselves technology.
F35 or Joint Strike Fighter, if it makes it easier to comprehend, was always meant to be sold to allies to enhance cooperation and cut costs. F22 pure dog fighting dominance, F35 multi-role fighter bomber. Different beasts.
I am well aware of the purposes of both of the aircraft. Just there are too many problems with the F35 and the price keeps going up. It may end up being close in cost to the F22 by the time it's ready. Better off scrapping the entire project and start a new non-stealth fighter project(s). Until stealth tech becomes simpler, we should stop pursuing a "low cost" stealth fighter.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

yeah. they should do the R & D cheaper.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma
How do you make stealth simpler without research and building on current technology in use?
You said it doesn't hurt to improve the F22, then go on to say fuck making something better until it becomes cheap enough and easy enough that everyone can do it.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

War Man wrote:

Better off scrapping the entire project and start a new non-stealth fighter project(s).
And lol. The money already sunk into it alone would finance a new build 4th gen plane, but you'd spend twice the money and get half the aeroplane?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4255
sssh private, war man is clearly destined for a career in the upper echelons of the ministry of defense. he is home-schooled in national defense.
War Man
Did I say to scrap both the f22 and f35? No, scrap the f35 because it is becoming too expensive to bother having a force of these to replace our F16's, older F18's, and harriers when the design is abit impractical for its cost and purpose.

Wouldn't be a first time we invested so much money into a project only to cancel it.

Edit: That is Department of Defense to you Uzique.

Last edited by War Man (2013-03-04 12:20:09)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

you know warman, i don't have any children, so we may be the only 2 people on the forum that believe we have money to burn.

fuck yeah, let's waste as much cash as we can, don't touch my Medicare you fuckers!
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5979|Blue Mountain State

Dilbert_X wrote:

F-4 wasn't that bad actually.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

War Man wrote:

Did I say to scrap both the f22 and f35? No, scrap the f35 because it is becoming too expensive to bother having a force of these to replace our F16's, older F18's, and harriers when the design is abit impractical for its cost and purpose.

Wouldn't be a first time we invested so much money into a project only to cancel it.

Edit: That is Department of Defense to you Uzique.
Did I say you said that? No, scrapping the F35 would lead to exactly the statement I said before.
War Man
The F22 bit was in response to your question of how we can simplify stealth with current research on current technology to use. USA would still have F22 even if we canceled the f35. Also, we wouldn't have to immediately go start a new project after f35 cancelation.

13urnzz wrote:

you know warman, i don't have any children, so we may be the only 2 people on the forum that believe we have money to burn.

fuck yeah, let's waste as much cash as we can, don't touch my Medicare you fuckers!
I save, not spend.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

i'm spending your children's inheritance.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
Economists all up in this bizz
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6192|Roma

War Man wrote:

The F22 bit was in response to your question of how we can simplify stealth with current research on current technology to use. USA would still have F22 even if we canceled the f35. Also, we wouldn't have to immediately go start a new project after f35 cancelation.

13urnzz wrote:

I save, not spend.
I am literally so confused with your logic and train of conversation
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
The bigger problem with the F-35, in my partially educated opinion, is that the DoD let "mission creep" go way too far.  It's the "solution" for just about any fighter/attack problem you can think of...and now the price for that is showing.  The A-10 was a brilliant aircraft because it is EXCEPTIONALLY good at just a few things.  The F-22 is as well, but the R&D price was a real killer.  The problem when you develop something as a multi-role platform is that everyone wants it to be great at whatever they value, so you wind up with a ton of compromises and a huge cost.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

RAIMIUS wrote:

The bigger problem with the F-35, in my partially educated opinion, is that the DoD let "mission creep" go way too far.  It's the "solution" for just about any fighter/attack problem you can think of...and now the price for that is showing.  The A-10 was a brilliant aircraft because it is EXCEPTIONALLY good at just a few things.  The F-22 is as well, but the R&D price was a real killer.  The problem when you develop something as a multi-role platform is that everyone wants it to be great at whatever they value, so you wind up with a ton of compromises and a huge cost.
When you design by committee you generally end up with garbage like this:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F4bK7ZAp4qo/TIhlHp9guuI/AAAAAAAAAZ8/DbYb_to0bWY/s1600/Homer-Simpson-car-21638.jpg
(albeit in this case, it only took one dumbass)
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard