SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Republicans back Israel so much because Israel kills Muslims. The 9/11 attacks were the worst thing (after Israel) that ever happened to the Palestinian people.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Israel buys zillions of dollars worth of military equipment/contracts/etc. We get money but it's sorta behind the scenes so not many people know that's the main reason we support them.
Republicans are suddenly very pro Israel because they smell all the money available from disgruntled zionists fed up with the pro Palestinian positions newly adopted by the Democrat base. Jews always voted democrat until Bush jr. Now they're split. See: Sheldon Adelson
there's always been underlying support for Israel from a chunk of the Rupub base, specifically the moral majority dumbos like Pat Robertson.

Love the "Jews always voted democrat" line though.  Classic John Galt
yeah ok
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Republicans back Israel so much because Israel kills Muslims. The 9/11 attacks were the worst thing (after Israel) that ever happened to the Palestinian people.
republicans and democrats both back israel so much because the pro-zion lobbyists are a massive faction, both in terms of political clout and in terms of funding. sounds vaguely conspiratorial and anti-semitic – jews and their money connections – but it really is like that. plus both political parties need the media for any electioneering traction, or any real sway and influence over the body politic, and being anti-israel is definitely not 'on message' with that cabal either.

plus in general, neither republican nor democrat really sways from the standard orthodoxies of american foreign affairs. it's not like either party is going to give up a strategic base and key ally in the middle-east.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Republicans are suddenly very pro Israel because they smell all the money available from disgruntled zionists fed up with the pro Palestinian positions newly adopted by the Democrat base. Jews always voted democrat until Bush jr. Now they're split. See: Sheldon Adelson
there's always been underlying support for Israel from a chunk of the Rupub base, specifically the moral majority dumbos like Pat Robertson.

yeah ok
I can only surmise by your limited response that you agree with me and rescind you're incredibly broadstroke generalization about dems and repubs.  Maybe you should go back to that store and bag your groceries again to brush up on your stereotypes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

yeah ok
I can only surmise by your limited response that you agree with me and rescind you're incredibly broadstroke generalization about dems and repubs.  Maybe you should go back to that store and bag your groceries again to brush up on your stereotypes.
[Urlhttp://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/jewvote.html[/url]
So... average of 75-80% or so voted Democrat for president since Coolidge... I wasn't stating an opinion, I was stating a fact. My intent wasn't to put down Jews in any way. Leftists chose Palestine and are losing Jewish votes and money because of it. I fail to see what you found offensive about that statement of fact.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709
so the judens still vote democrat mostly.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

yeah ok
[Urlhttp://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/jewvote.html[/url]
So... average of 75-80% or so voted Democrat for president since Coolidge... I wasn't stating an opinion, I was stating a fact. My intent wasn't to put down Jews in any way. Leftists chose Palestine and are losing Jewish votes and money because of it. I fail to see what you found offensive about that statement of fact.
Jewish Americans overwhelmingly voting for Democrat Presidential nominees means that there's no underlying support among Rupublicans for Israel?  That's some real sound logic dude.
13rin
+977|6471
I love Israel.  A+?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The western media's reflexive support for anything Kurdish reminds me of the support for Zionism before the establishment of Israel. People in the west won't be happy until we have to support a new state and nationality that has a problem with every government they live in and every nation around them.

The ignorant belief that everyone deserves their own country has killed thousands of Americans and millions of Muslims. All for a country that will inevitably get nuked once terrorist get their hands on nuclear weapons.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The western media's reflexive support for anything Kurdish reminds me of the support for Zionism before the establishment of Israel. People in the west won't be happy until we have to support a new state and nationality that has a problem with every government they live in and every nation around them.

The ignorant belief that everyone deserves their own country has killed thousands of Americans and millions of Muslims. All for a country that will inevitably get nuked once terrorist get their hands on nuclear weapons.
you don't understand why the logic of Zionism excludes pluralism and, subsequently, democratic egalitarianism (hint: the theology of the Jews is not the same as the Kurds). there is nothing in the ethnic or religious identity of the Kurds that would say their state would be similarly clerical/confessional and thus intolerant and absolutist. the kurds are one of the few sects of Islam (or the middle-eastern religious shitfuck generally) who actually have a good chance of holding down a secular and mostly executive-bureaucratic state. not to say there wouldn't be conflicts with neighbours, as the whole region is fairly poxed with factionalism and geopolitical game-making, but there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the idea of a Kurdish state. Zionism from the very outset has been an exclusionary ideology: the only thing drawing and binding together the disparate Jewish communities, from Russia to America, is the fact of Israel's sovereign Jewish (new) homogeneity.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The Kurds have been committing acts of terrorism as well as ethnic cleansing for awhile now. There has been ethnic massacres committed by Kurds before.The Arabs in Syria were complaining that the YPG was burning their homes and pushing them out. I also think their secularism is overstated. Sure they don't make their women wear headscarves. But they are still Muslim and would want a Sharia inspired law set like everyone around them. There are Islamist Kurds too you know. They have a brigade in ISIS. People talked about how secular the Persians were and now look. I rather just support the standing local governments than take a chance on an already combative nation of people

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard