xb2003
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|4132
Ok, so i'm having issues playing BF2 online. More specifically AIX, but BF2 doesn't work either. I was able to play for 2 days, just fine, no problems. I went to get on this morning, and the first time i try to log onto a server, any server, before i get anywhere, it pops up and says: Your Connection to the Server has been lost. Ok, so then of course i try again and it loads map, and then when i get logged onto the server, BF2 (or AIX) crashes to the desk top, and freezes the computer, until i CTRL ALT DEL and then it just magically unfreezes....What should i try?

Specs:
-i5 3470
-8GB Ram
-HD7770

Single Player works perfectly fine, as does local. Disabling the firewall does nothing.  BF2 is allowed through windows firewall. Drivers are up to date. Running 1.50. I know this isnt ideal if your familiar with AIX, but Vanilla BF2 does the exact same thing, so that isn't it.

This really seems like it would have to be some kind of local software issue, because if my router or firewall (which are designed for business applications and don't generally work with games without some tweaking) was blocking it, it wouldn't let me log on the second time. I have also heard of people using project reality that have to try and log on 2x, but on the second time, it works for them. Mine crashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Punkbuster?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
xb2003
+0|4132
What about it?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

Are they Punkbuster servers?

Do your pnkbstr services exist?

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php To install
http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php To update.

Last edited by Cheez (2012-12-27 00:02:23)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
xb2003
+0|4132
Yes, i have ran them a total or 3 times now. pnkbstr A and B are both allowed through windows firewall. If i do the test, it says it ran without error. But if i watch it, it says something about

Is PnkbstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\windows\system32\pnkbstra.exe               NO

Could that have something to do with it?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4960|Dundee, Scotland.
Are you connected to the Internet?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
xb2003
+0|4132
Well...i am posting this, download iOS 6.0.1, and i can play on non punkbuster servers. So i would assume i am.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6642|Washington DC

Sounds like you have a key or a punkbuster problem (anti-piracy stuff, to ensure people are running legitimate copies of BF2).  Take a look in this thread for solutions:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=39515

There's some suggestions in there for crashing when joining a server, specifically related to keys.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard