truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6505|UK

stryyker wrote:

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

1) Poor balancing of weapons, and the fact that all the smaller unlocks before a weapon unlock is a bit of an anti-climax once you've got the gun, because there's nothing else to unlock after you've done that. (And the sound effect of the weapon is very pathetic and weak, and the fact that when prone, too much dust and flashback make it impossible to see the target)
weapons are in perfect balance already, just learn how to use them all

2) Needs one more class of vehicle, something of the Hummer variety in BF2
there is a Jeep.

3) More of a difference in opposing force colours and  APC, mechs etc.
there are now

have you actually played this thing?
Mate thats my opinion, maybe its just with the base models and because you're so fukin amazing you went straight to the next weapon. When you actually think about there's no medium size transport, have you played the game? Thanks for your view though
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

stryyker wrote:

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

1) Poor balancing of weapons, and the fact that all the smaller unlocks before a weapon unlock is a bit of an anti-climax once you've got the gun, because there's nothing else to unlock after you've done that. (And the sound effect of the weapon is very pathetic and weak, and the fact that when prone, too much dust and flashback make it impossible to see the target)

there is a Jeep.

3) More of a difference in opposing force colours and  APC, mechs etc.
there are now

Mate thats my opinion, maybe its just with the base models and because you're so fukin amazing you went straight to the next weapon. When you actually think about there's no medium size transport, have you played the game? Thanks for your view though
... hes one of the first ones to get beta...

everything is balanced. colours are good, armour is good... if you played beta one you can see a huge improvement from beta one to beta 2
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6693
Ok besides the bugs that need fixing, some things need to be added.

1. A heavy Jeep
2. Boats
3. Jets
4. The guns sound really weak, they need to sound cooler
5. EU needs to speak more spanish, because there is an anouncement on their titan in spanish
6. Lambert Carbine needs to NOT look like a combo of the G36 and FAMAS
7. Titans should be bigger with a cockpit/control room with a commanding view over the battllefiled.
8. Some maps need to be bigger. Like FuShe Pass size.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-09-04 06:48:18)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6546|Doncaster, UK

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

stryyker wrote:

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

there is a Jeep.

there are now

... hes one of the first ones to get beta...

everything is balanced. colours are good, armour is good... if you played beta one you can see a huge improvement from beta one to beta 2
The updated client is a massive improvement over the first in general but the stability issues are still driving me mental. I'd like to finish a game some time.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia
I find the majority most of the serious posts good but here are two randomly picked I don't agree with.

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

2. Takes way to long for prone accuracy to kick in
No. Grab a gun-like thing and go prone. You will need some time to aim properly again now. DICE finally managed to get players using the CROUCH feature which is very useful now. Just crouch, it will make your weapon very accurate.

Jbrar wrote:

And finally, Overall, the majority of weapons are underpowered, as in it takes a minimum of 15 rounds to kill a guy at times.
No. Crouch, keep the trigger down until the enemy dies. Oh and, try to hover the crosshair over their head as much as possible. If the enemy wears light armor he will die fast even if you don't hit the head, but the most people have heavy armor [bah. agility ftw]
TheOne 3had0w
+3|6489|Austria
some minds from me:
i love heli fliin in bf2  .. but the controlls in 2142 are some kind a boring..
try to fly backward !! i wanna see
and once i wanna see too is: how does anyone destroy a enemy titan console
with demo packs!!
once it needs 5. once 10.. and all the other times are alot of teammates there and noone moves away..
and u think ok what am i doin now.. ok letz place some mines.. and the rest.. just wait for a bullet..
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
The flying in BF2142 has been reduced for retards. The gunship in this beta cannot be rolled. In the last beta you could barrel roll it. Now something prevents you from rolling. If you cant fly a BF2142 gunship or dropship you are retarted. All you got to do is press W and aim with your mouse where you wanna go. What skill is that. Id rather have an Apache in BF2142 then the gunship.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
1) When in 'iron' sight, you need to be able to change weapons. Now you need to unzoom first (unlike in BF2)
2) When trying to say something like 'Sorry', you can go further, and thus deselecting it. That's not really good.
3) You need to get points if you (try to) blow up an console in an Titan.
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
1. consloles need to have less damage. 2-3 c7 packs to blow them(the core should take 4)
2.just reduce the sway a littlebit
3.the scar 11 pwnes with the shot gun attachment
Proxus
+4|6455
im sorry but if this is supposed to be the "future" you cant tell me that a futuristic sniper rifle that is made using FUTURISTIC materials, and has a fucking bipod, cant be a little more steady than the piece of shit thats in there right now...

Snipers can be very team based especialy with their ability to use c4 and active camo for close range assaults. It kinda makes them the jack of all trades ( master of none?).

right now there is no difference in the breathing sway from standing->crouching->prone which is completly retarded. Sure the rifle should suck balls while standing... but when you are sitting in prone for 3 minutes watching a battle and try to pick someone off, you shouldent have to compensate for a 3 foot breathing deviation...
lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia
I'm sure even with the technology we currently use there the bearthing deviation could be easily removed. Those future scientists must be sleeping all the time. Why don't they try to place a camera on the front of the rifle, and if the soldier pushes a button, the camera locks the angle and the stuff inside the weapon chassis and the scope automatically point in that direction somehow.
Proxus
+4|6455

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

I'm sure even with the technology we currently use there the bearthing deviation could be easily removed. Those future scientists must be sleeping all the time. Why don't they try to place a camera on the front of the rifle, and if the soldier pushes a button, the camera locks the angle and the stuff inside the weapon chassis and the scope automatically point in that direction somehow.
i dont want an aimbot i want a steady scope in prone >_<
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
console destroying is too unbalanced... they fucked it up from beta 1 to beta 2 =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6595|Iceland
I must say dice did a great job on the adjustments for infatry to have any chance aginst tanks and choppers cause in BF2 your just there to get killed by them.

1. The annoying and famouse server crashes
2. CTD all the time
3. Titan blows up when the enemy is getting in it.

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-09-05 09:54:35)

vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

vpyroman wrote:

The default sniper weapon takes 3 shots to kill, Assault also takes 3 shots to kill.   Not useless
Wtf are you on about? They're a two shot kill anywhere apart from legs I think and one shot head shot kill You must be a really suck-ass sniper...
Perhaps you are right on both accounts. I'm an expert tank sniper, but I can stand my ground against a Recon sniper.
Master*
Banned
+416|6495|United States
1. get rid of random deviation

2. make prone instantly accurate again

3. make support guns more powerful (like the rpk at least)
a. make assault rifles not feel like smg's anymore
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6762|Internet!
1. I will not revive dead posts.

2. I will not revive dead posts.

3. I will not revive dead posts.
Ryjoen
Banned
+10|6397|In your uncaps
another whiner topic
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6591|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
1.) Fix the overpowered APC cannon.
2.) Balance the LMGs and improve the HMG.
3.) Give Career points for Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6619|InGerLand
1. they need to work on the CTD thing
2. these need to be included http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFmQW-1W2Ys as a sentry gun upgrade and any other metal storm things. And i will attempt to embed that video...

3. the Koenig H-AVR needs to be made at least as strong as the Mitchell AV-18 and the Sudnik VP at killing vehicles (atm it sucks completely) and it needs to be able to do at least some damage to people, I mean an explosion that big but no splash damage wtf?

Last edited by sfarrar33 (2006-10-23 13:07:56)

Master*
Banned
+416|6495|United States

BabySpinach wrote:

1.) Fix the overpowered APC cannon.
2.) Balance the LMGs and improve the HMG.
3.) Give Career points for Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals.
totally agree with the third one
link52787
+29|6522
1)CTD  I only had them frequently in 2142 not BF2
2)Connection Error
3)as you stated, weapons.

there are alot more crap to fix but you only wanted 3 things.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6775
Anyone who says sniping is horrible clearly doesn't have the unlockable sniper. And for those who say zooming sucks, I'd suggest getting the unlock scope and using the mouse wheel (for our slower viewer, it zooms in much farther).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard