frankie123
+4|6507
ok heres some of the concerns that i faced while playin the beta

looks like ranking up is pretty easy or is it just because its beta?

and there are so many unlocks.... will we be able to unlock ALL OF THEM?[including leader abilities and crap liek that]

if so how many total ranks will there be?

and right now i didnt unlock the lambert carbine and i went the other way to unlock the sniper rifle.... i did it because i guess i like sniping ppl more than being solo-ing goin to ppl's base

hhas anyone tried out the sniper rifle yet?

Last edited by frankie123 (2006-09-02 23:16:12)

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6530|Internetfitlerland

frankie123 wrote:

and there are so many unlocks.... will we be able to unlock ALL OF THEM?[including leader abilities and crap like that]
No I doubt everyone will unlock everything, you just have to prioritize what you want and what you need.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6561|Oxford
Should have gone fo the lambert until they fix the annoying 'breathing' when sniping.
Smiley
+1|6649|Newcastle, NSW, Australia
https://www.users.on.net/~busterau/BF2142/Other/AllRanksPoints.jpg

Theres alot of ranks as u can see as there is alot of unlocks. Thing i fear from the unlocks is getting owned by that upgraded AT in the tank
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
i think the ranking system is fine, since you got squad order bonus, titan attack bonus etc
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i think the ranking system is fine, since you got squad order bonus, titan attack bonus etc
It is, the point (Bonus if you follow orders, extra points for e.g. 5 kills in a row etc), ranking and unlock system is really good.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

fierce wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

It is, the point (Bonus if you follow orders, extra points for e.g. 5 kills in a row etc), ranking and unlock system is really good.
and points for badges and pins so its overall pretty balanced unlike bf2 at its begining.. problem is its gonna make stats padding so easy, but since you can see dog tags and who you killed... its easier to catch padders
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Simon
basically
+838|6650|UK

Smiley wrote:

http://www.users.on.net/~busterau/BF214 … Points.jpg

Theres alot of ranks as u can see as there is alot of unlocks. Thing i fear from the unlocks is getting owned by that upgraded AT in the tank
Holey shit ? Random much.. ?
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6560

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

fierce wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

and points for badges and pins so its overall pretty balanced unlike bf2 at its begining.. problem is its gonna make stats padding so easy, but since you can see dog tags and who you killed... its easier to catch padders
And maybe we can see Battlefield 3 with the Unreal 3 engine, DX10 support and the BF2142 pointsystem, different game modes (titan could be modified to take a huge building), destructible environment taking place in the very near future (like BF2)... yes, this would be nice and a top seller.

Last edited by fierce (2006-09-03 03:30:37)

frankie123
+4|6507
^^^
i doubt that ea would use someone else's engine

so this will be like mmorpg crap... character building lmao
Simon
basically
+838|6650|UK

frankie123 wrote:

^^^
i doubt that ea would use someone else's engine

so this will be like mmorpg crap... character building lmao
Yeah, dont post when you dont have a clue what your typing.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
i like that most ranks are no more then 1000 points a part un like bf2 u need 20 000 then from there u need another 30 000 thats what i call gay
Russkie17
+4|6454|Houston, Texas

GR34 wrote:

i like that most ranks are no more then 1000 points a part un like bf2 u need 20 000 then from there u need another 30 000 thats what i call gay
Right on, man. What about the non-Volx's out here who don't live, eat and breath BF2? I think Dice was thinking about the casual gamer when they thought of the 2142 point system. I give them an 'A' on that idea.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

The silver ranks look way better than the gold ranks. I'm the rank at... uh.... the two gold ^ signs with the down arrow in the middle... looked better when it was silver anywhoo.

Remember: if you are in a good squad you will get squad assist points, (or squad leader success points,) which arn't points as such, but if you get enough of them you get an in-game unlock which you keep for as long as you are in the server. It's a good way of trying out each branch before you commit yourself later to them with your permenant unlocks.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6473|Purdue

RicardoBlanco wrote:

Should have gone fo the lambert until they fix the annoying 'breathing' when sniping.
Fix? As in take it out? No. Never. It's a great idea.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard