I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6732|Melbourne, Australia
rofl i love the start map discription whil the map is loading.. SURE U HAV ENUF SPAM?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6631|Manitowoc, WI

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

7 meters? That longer then I thought. I thought it was 15ft (5 meters). I think it was like 4 meters in 1.12 or maybe that's because in 1.12 people didn't abuse them.
abuse? oh you meant use, i see.  DORK!
Dork? Ouch.  And by abuse he meant people didn't throw them around as if they were candy.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-09-02 22:11:39)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

usmarine2005 wrote:

The further away you are from something that explodes, the safer you are.  Didn't know that, thanks.
I bet you didn't know about the trigger radius and width.

Twist wrote:

Furious=UKLF= wrote:

I can confirm, you can crawl over them! Try it, it works, only problem is when some dipshit of a teammate comes round with his PKM and shits the life out of you!!PAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHmmmm, 'oh sorry, thought you were them! you know, THEM!!!!
With or without ironsights ? Ie: can I crawl at "normal" speed, or do I need to zoom my gun and THEN crawl ?
Yeah,tell us more about how you crawl over claymores.
Does it actually work?
Do you just have to crawl or do you have to crawl with the ironsights zoomed?

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 22:08:29)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6631|Manitowoc, WI

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

The further away you are from something that explodes, the safer you are.  Didn't know that, thanks.
I bet you didn't know about the trigger radius and width.

Twist wrote:

Furious=UKLF= wrote:

I can confirm, you can crawl over them! Try it, it works, only problem is when some dipshit of a teammate comes round with his PKM and shits the life out of you!!PAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHPAHmmmm, 'oh sorry, thought you were them! you know, THEM!!!!
With or without ironsights ? Ie: can I crawl at "normal" speed, or do I need to zoom my gun and THEN crawl ?
Yeah,tell us more about how you crawl over claymores.
Does it actually work?
Do you just have to crawl or do you have to crawl with the ironsights zoomed?
I can say with complete confidence that just crawling does not work.

And if the ironsights work, don't tell Dice because it's technically an exploit.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

BolvisOculus wrote:

I can say with complete confidence that just crawling does not work.

And if the ironsights work, don't tell Dice because it's technically an exploit.
So,normal crawling doesn't work.

I could swear that there were guys who could make it past my claymore on a stairway-entry of a house on Mashtuur.
They didn't parachute on the roo.They didn't spawn in there.
There was no way that they could have passed the mine without entering the trigger radius.

So maybe it works with the ironsights zoomed.

Now,in which .con-file are all the different movement speeds(running,walking,crouch-walking,crawling)of a soldier hidden?

How about my sniper buddies invite me into an empty server where we could test this,huh?
Entertainer,dbss,duffry,EvilMonkeySlayer,etc... If you guys read this pm me for the appointment details and let's test out the claymore data.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-02 23:51:47)

Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6513|Valley of the Dragons
Nice post +1 to you

I hope some of the noob snipers read this one to. I still see them placing Clays against the wall with the firearc pointed straight at the same wall :S
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

Jemme101 wrote:

Nice post +1 to you

I hope some of the noob snipers read this one to. I still see them placing Clays against the wall with the firearc pointed straight at the same wall :S
Thanx for all the Karma,guys,I'm just trying to give some insight.

The noobs probably won't understand the picture and just continue to spam them on Karkand.

Although for the sophisticated and experienced player the info on the blast- and trigger-radius are just great things to experiment with.
Finding out new ways of placing them more effectively,special placement patterns for every situation(ambush,roadblock,flagdefense,etc..) and last not but least how to move without triggering them.

But I still need the info about the different movement methods of the soldiers + the actual speed they can achieve with each method ->
If we know all that and can let a soldier crawl slower than 0.1(m/s(?)) we could start testing it on an empty server whether or not you can crawl over claymores.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6513|Valley of the Dragons
Yeah it helps to get the angle just right so you can empty a DPV without blasting it to pieces with 2 clays. It will die after 1 bump however but I did it yesterday. Clearing out 3 guys in the DPV and still being able to drive of in it. Was a first time however so it could have been a fluke. Gonna test it some more, because usually it blows up after the second clay.
ssonrats
+221|6658
I only use the claymores in self defense, when i am moving to a spot i usually splodge one directly behind me, 100% effective.
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6534
You should even be able to see a clay
its a poor sniper who puts his clay in good enough vision
for the enemy to be able 2 stop and find another way
Clays should be in corners, against walls (facing away) or
in long grass/bushes etc. then you wont have anyone dodging ure clays
thanks for this info now no1 will survive my clays
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

ssonrats wrote:

...when i am moving to a spot i usually splodge one directly behind me, 100% effective.
Hmm,100% effective?
If somebody spots you and your claymore he could creep up on you from behind,stay within the 8 meters of safety distance and just blow your brains out with the pistol...

Luckily most players just charge in like weasels on steroids,nobody's watching out for anything and because of that are claymores almost 100% effective.
If these people would use their brains a bit more than their healthpacks they could actually overcome claymores with skill(evasion-tactics).

Still,what about the speed of the soldier when crawling,walking crouched,marching and sprinting?
Does somebody in here have an idea where in the code of the .con-files the actual movement speed of a soldier might be hidden?

If slowly crawling over claymores doesn't blow them up I'm just gonna laugh my ass off about the karkand-whiners and their ridiculous tales(the gaymore triggered when I was like 50 meters away,there's no actual way around them,you all know the stories)....and if you guys wanna try this out for yourselves - crawling with the ironsights seems to be the slowest way of moving,just let's hope it's slower than the VictimMinSpeed of 0.1.

I can't wait to get all the data gathered and confirmed,this should have been done a long time ago.Now with actual trigger-,blast-radius measurements and other data you can seriously discuss its pros and cons and find a way to overcome them, rather than just crying for an easy solution(destroyable by nades) which actually takes even less skill than spamming claymores.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-03 04:30:09)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6476|cuntshitlake

I think i'm gonna start looking for the .con file where the speeds (run, walk. etc etc) are configured.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
what about when there is one placed at the top of a ladder, other that not climbin the ladder, would there be a way to get past it?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6564|UK

MastersMom wrote:

If you see a claymore in front of you...just request a medic.

*This only works if there are medics actually doing their job*

The medic comes running *BOOM* claymore dissarmed!

If you have time...or feel like it...pick up the medic kit and revive your claymore disarmer...or just say "Hey, Thanks."
The medic bomb disposal squad *LoL*!

+1 for that m8 :-)
BigTex
+1|6463

fatherted13 wrote:

what about when there is one placed at the top of a ladder, other that not climbin the ladder, would there be a way to get past it?
Have you and some buddies nade the hell out of the top of the building and wait for it to despawn.  That or find another way to the top of the building.

Btw does anyone know the despawn time for claymores after the sniper dies?
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6543|Boston, MA

MastersMom wrote:

If you see a claymore in front of you...just request a medic.

*This only works if there are medics actually doing their job*

The medic comes running *BOOM* claymore dissarmed!

If you have time...or feel like it...pick up the medic kit and revive your claymore disarmer...or just say "Hey, Thanks."
That's what I do, except my brother always plays medic so I act as the dummy.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6564|UK

BigTex wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Have you and some buddies nade the hell out of the top of the building and wait for it to despawn.  That or find another way to the top of the building.

I would have thought about 5 seconds - if you re-spawn as sniper near to some of your old claymores, they seem to fade away after a few seconds.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666
definetely not 5 seconds, claymores hang around for a long time after the sniper dies. At least, I've had to wait for ages for a corridor to clear up after killing a sniper on warlord.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6581

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

So,normal crawling doesn't work.

I could swear that there were guys who could make it past my claymore on a stairway-entry of a house on Mashtuur.
They didn't parachute on the roo.They didn't spawn in there.
There was no way that they could have passed the mine without entering the trigger radius.
Dunno where you placed these claymores but it could be one of the following reasons:

- you placed them in a bad spot, so there was enough place to walk around them. E.g. if you place it in the mid of the Mashtuur hotel door directly at the stairs, then you're able to walk around it.

- you placed them on top of a stair, then people can crawl under them slowly and then trigger the claymore. In this case the explosion doesn't hit the guy who triggered the claymore.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6564|UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

definetely not 5 seconds, claymores hang around for a long time after the sniper dies. At least, I've had to wait for ages for a corridor to clear up after killing a sniper on warlord.
It must vary then.

Like I said if you go back to a claymore you laid before you died it will fade almost straight away.

Maybe they hang longer if the sniper that laid it doesn't revisit it.

The mystery continues ;-)
ssonrats
+221|6658

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

...when i am moving to a spot i usually splodge one directly behind me, 100% effective.
Hmm,100% effective?
If somebody spots you and your claymore he could creep up on you from behind,stay within the 8 meters of safety distance and just blow your brains out with the pistol...

Luckily most players just charge in like weasels on steroids,nobody's watching out for anything and because of that are claymores almost 100% effective.
If these people would use their brains a bit more than their healthpacks they could actually overcome claymores with skill(evasion-tactics).

Still,what about the speed of the soldier when crawling,walking crouched,marching and sprinting?
Does somebody in here have an idea where in the code of the .con-files the actual movement speed of a soldier might be hidden?

If slowly crawling over claymores doesn't blow them up I'm just gonna laugh my ass off about the karkand-whiners and their ridiculous tales(the gaymore triggered when I was like 50 meters away,there's no actual way around them,you all know the stories)....and if you guys wanna try this out for yourselves - crawling with the ironsights seems to be the slowest way of moving,just let's hope it's slower than the VictimMinSpeed of 0.1.

I can't wait to get all the data gathered and confirmed,this should have been done a long time ago.Now with actual trigger-,blast-radius measurements and other data you can seriously discuss its pros and cons and find a way to overcome them, rather than just crying for an easy solution(destroyable by nades) which actually takes even less skill than spamming claymores.
He won't spot it, i put them in good spots.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord

BigTex wrote:

It appears to vary. I don't know this for sure (you know how subjective time can be if you're doing well/badly, or have a lot of targets v. nothing to shoot at) but they sure seem to persist on some servers for much longer than others.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

Todd_Angelo wrote:

BigTex wrote:

It appears to vary. I don't know this for sure (you know how subjective time can be if you're doing well/badly, or have a lot of targets v. nothing to shoot at) but they sure seem to persist on some servers for much longer than others.
The claymore.tweak file has only one line which could be fitting: ObjectTemplate.keepProjectiles 30 -> If that's the actual code for it then the clays stay 30 seconds after the sniper got killed.

I'm much more interested in the VictimMinSpeed 0.1 line of code - a way to just crawl over them,could there be an easier way?

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-09-03 10:20:44)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6666
is there a delay between drop and arm?

When people have dropped claymores right in front of me I've had time to blast 'em, hit the deck, then begun a:

*tap*  *wait*  *tap*  *wait*  *tap*  *wait*

routine, and even made some quite good progress, until someone on my team comes charging round the corner... *boom*

edit: say you are in a corridor with no choice but to crawl through the 7m trigger zone.... that'll require about 10s/m (@0.1m/s) x 7m = 70 seconds minimum to crawl through the zone... obviously if there might be a slightly shorter path near the edge of the trigger radius, but it's still a hell of a long time not to hold that button a millisecond too long.  Remember, it's only 10cm per second or it blows...

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-09-03 09:22:27)

Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6640|Warlord

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

is there a delay between drop and arm?
Yes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard