Krysiss
+15|6475|NL
When I looked for mods I saw some afwull information about EA/dice doing.

Not many people know the mod MTS - Mech Tactical Simulation
It was great mod and one of the FIRST mods in bf2 when it came out and the most devoloped mod in those days so far.

But for some reasons and also with not telling the reasons why they quit the mod.

I have searched some work from them and you can eassly say it's ten times better then bf2142

https://img362.imageshack.us/img362/3331/4isskadi08gb5.th.jpg
https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9618/4isskadi04zf1.th.jpg
https://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6579/1clantimberwolf3ao2.th.jpg
https://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5705/4v1ly0.th.jpg
https://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4218/4v4lj0.th.jpg

this is from the site: http://www.bf2.se/page.php?id=36

it's very simple fact if you read this:

We have decided to discontinue this mod entirely, for several reasons.

1. EA. BF2142 had to live, so MTS had to die.

To achieve our goal of combined arms (infantry/battlearmor, tanks, mechs and aerospace), we needed the ability to modify some vital areas of the game code. In BF2, those areas were specifically hardcoded. At first, we did not know why these parts were locked, but the answer is pretty obvious now.

2. Morale. The team has disbanded as we took a very big morale hit when we found that we couldn't even add mechs into the game.

Especially after putting in so much effort into the mod.
Several attempts were made to ressurect the mod, but the initial motivation and enthusiasm to work on it had already died along with the team.

3. Lack of interest and support from the CBT community in general. Ironically, most of the people who supported the mods were non-Battletech fans.

Nobodyreally even cared when MTS died, in fact some even celebrated it. In short, it was not worth the effort to make.

In conclusion, MTS will probably never be ressurected again. BMP is still active, but we are working on other projects.

--------------------------------------------
Then there is another fucking reason not to buy bf2142
because if they tell me they support the mod community and I read this.
it just piss me off.

also don't forget we will never see in bf2 mecha's ingame because of EA/dice doing.

RIP MTS and good luck in the futher  with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars total conversion mod
and if you look at EA/dice side they are just money hungry

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-02 13:22:58)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

uhhh... no shit they are hungry for money. Its called Capitalism, you need money to do things. Employees, materials, advertisement, developing, shipping. A producer/publisher will not openly support a mod, because they wont see revenue from it.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

stryyker wrote:

uhhh... no shit they are hungry for money. Its called Capitalism, you need money to do things. Employees, materials, advertisement, developing, shipping. A producer/publisher will not openly support a mod, because they wont see revenue from it.
your right, not to many people around here seem  to realize that EA and Dice are businesses, everyone seems to think their a non profit organization who are only there to make us happy.

Last edited by Nicholas Langdon (2006-09-02 13:18:20)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Did you know they put chocolate puding in tubes now?

Bah like the guys said, they get no revenue hense no intrest.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada
tubes!!??!!.....

LIAR!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

stryyker wrote:

QFT kiddies
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

QFT kiddies
i am a kiddie. Where can your arguement go now?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

QFT kiddies
Erm....... kiddies with no clue on how the world works.  I win, you lose.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

QFT kiddies
your arguement has encountered an error, and must close.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

I wasn't arguing with you, what is your point?
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

stryyker wrote:

Oh they can just give us the mod community support as we wantend also if tdice tell us they fully support the mod community just say something about there best intrest for the community.

and if a MOD CAN OUTRUN THE DEVELOPERS then this somethings about how lazy dice is to come with a better game instead and not to forget modders do it in there free time for free
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I wasn't arguing with you, what is your point?
i have no point.

and now im going to leave
ilyandor
+31|6689|Phoenix, AZ
pfffft, Mechs, are they fucking serious?

NEVER will we see such uneconomical means of wartime transportation/weapons platform,

EVER.

MECHS = Bunch of Bullshit.
kilgoretrout
+53|6471|Little Rock, AR
and why is it their responsibility to allow people to even modify the game at all?  it makes sense that they would protect their code (that they spent a ton of money developing).  if you want to make a mod with completely different gameplay, then license the engine and make a new game.  they're supporting the mod community by making it possible and relatively easy to mod the game.
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

ilyandor wrote:

pfffft, Mechs, are they fucking serious?

NEVER will we see such uneconomical means of wartime transportation/weapons platform,

EVER.

MECHS = Bunch of Bullshit.
please stay ontopic.........
but it's your opinion and I respect that, some people love it some people don't
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

kilgoretrout wrote:

and why is it their responsibility to allow people to even modify the game at all?  it makes sense that they would protect their code (that they spent a ton of money developing).  if you want to make a mod with completely different gameplay, then license the engine and make a new game.  they're supporting the mod community by making it possible and relatively easy to mod the game.
omg I don't canne argue about this points because learn first why there are mods in the first place.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Damn, and I'm a fan of the Mech Warrior series of games (the game this mod was based on) and I've been waiting for a mod like this to come out in any bf game since 1942.  Maybe someone will resurrect the idea in 2142 (probably not though).

Edit:  I could see copy right issues with microsoft if this mod ever made it out, so I figure that it would have died anyways

Last edited by mcgid1 (2006-09-02 13:42:24)

kilgoretrout
+53|6471|Little Rock, AR

Krysiss wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

omg I don't canne argue about this points because learn first why there are mods in the first place.
i can't argue unless you make a coherent response...
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

mcgid1 wrote:

Damn, and I'm a fan of the Mech Warrior series of games (the game this mod was based on) and I've been waiting for a mod like this to come out in any bf game since 1942.  Maybe someone will resurrect the idea in 2142 (probably not though).
wat do you think!
they are to quake wars.

now one of my serveral fucking reasons I would not even consider buying bf2142
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

kilgoretrout wrote:

Krysiss wrote:

kilgoretrout wrote:

i can't argue unless you make a coherent response...
yea because thinking logic if dice say we will support the mod community is enough to not to argue with you.

Last edited by Krysiss (2006-09-02 13:45:33)

Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6448|Boulder, CO
perhaps the reason why they couldn't release the mod is that they don't have the license to use the mechs from the mechwarrior series which were great games, i.e the mech that is shown in the pictures the 3rd picture down that mech is called the Madcat i'm pretty sure of either that or its the mad cat but either way that mech has been changed in no way from the originial mechwarrior series. so maybe one reason why they can't continue the mod is that they don't have the license. though i do agree that with 2142 coming out they would think it a huge waste of money to allow that mod to come out.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

This is stupid.
Krysiss
+15|6475|NL

usmarine2005 wrote:

Krysiss wrote:

first why there are mods in the first place.
Mod first place?  Huh?  If you are speaking of PoE, I don't like it at all.  And apparently I am not the only one.  More people still play regular BF2.  So what are you talking about?
if youw like me to quote me fulle:

it's choice if would not play it or not also the mods can take over battlefield games
look at bf1942

60% where running mods instead the vanille bf1942
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6717|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

Noobeater wrote:

perhaps the reason why they couldn't release the mod is that they don't have the license to use the mechs from the mechwarrior series which were great games, i.e the mech that is shown in the pictures the 3rd picture down that mech is called the Madcat i'm pretty sure of either that or its the mad cat but either way that mech has been changed in no way from the originial mechwarrior series. so maybe one reason why they can't continue the mod is that they don't have the license. though i do agree that with 2142 coming out they would think it a huge waste of money to allow that mod to come out.
I feel like a nerd for knowing this, but that mech is called the Timber Wolf and Madcat.  They could have continued the mod if the game wasn't hard wired against creating mechs, but there's a 99% probability they would have been sued by microsoft once microsoft found out about the mod.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

I can't quote you because I don't know what the fuck you are saying.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard