Poll

How to make BF2142 better before final release?

Vhedicals take too much damage simiply from driving28%28% - 31
going prone reduces accuracy greatly at first11%11% - 12
Hover tank is too hard to drive10%10% - 11
All vhedicals have to little health8%8% - 9
Sniper cannot negate scope sway by proning23%23% - 26
Crosshairs are poorly designed18%18% - 20
Total: 109
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Okay I played the BF2142 beta and while I had alot of fun (only crashed once!!) I saw some things that could be impoved. The selections are the things I found needed the most work; please submit what you think the most important improvement sould be. (Sorry if i spelled some things wrong).
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
dont release it
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

jkohlc wrote:

dont release it
Why do you have a 2142 sig if you don't wan't it to be released?
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6672|Canada Eh?
If there are suggestions to be made, post them on the BF 2142 Beta Forums where EA/Dice employees actually pay attention.

and learn to spell.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6774|EUR
Definately sort the lag.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK
jord likes chicken
HeadShotAK47
Hand's shaken' / Heart's beatn' / Still Shootin'
+32|6725|Ft. Laudy, FL, USA
vhedicles OWN!

Last edited by HeadShotAK47 (2006-09-01 18:04:58)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6694|UK

HeadShotAK47 wrote:

vhedicles OWN!
lmao
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6615|UCF
They gotta fix that damn server loss! I can only play on the UK servers lol, and I'm in Florida! The US ones keep dropping me after 1-5 minutes
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

Noobs ruined it already.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6709
to late, fileplanet nubs killed it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6697

Samtheman53 wrote:

I love Jork.
QFT
00joe
+16|6646|UK
I sincerely hope they don't make sniping any easier than it is now. As it is now, it takes about 10 minutes to get used to the ''bobbing'', then you've got it down for good. Since it only moves vertically, no-one should be having that much trouble with it.

Why people are complaining about it is beyond me.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
On a side note I do support BF2142 and if BF2 is not fixed it will be my last EA product (see: my new sig).
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6530
Fix the damn lag. Oh and why cant you roll a gunship anymore. WTF.
Sgt.Gene
+215|6762
Umm... Definatley fix the lag. Also it would be nice to finish a round. The server crashes are worse than BF2, not to mention the CTD's.
Proxus
+4|6454
-i think its pretty sad when you can get outsniped by a fucking assault rifle...
-the FAV transport jeeps take ungodly amounts of damage from just driving around, gimme my humvee...
-FAV gun has no affect on gunships (wtb 50 cal for it so i can snipe helis again)
-Missles STILL fly completly through things, and this includes tank shells...
-The POD nerf is total bs... being able to pod jump across the map actually made the game fun, now its just retardedly slow paced.
-and for fucks sake fix this "you have lost your connection to the server" bullshit... every time i get back into the swing of things, i get droped and all awards progress is lost... (yes i know its getting wiped, but if they dont fix this it will persist in retail)

and to those of u who cant drive the hover tank...
LOL@you...

gtfo of my tank so i can show u how its supposed to be used
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6589|Your attic

ShadowFoX wrote:

Fix the damn lag. Oh and why cant you roll a gunship anymore. WTF.
Yea that annoyed me as well.

Get rid of the stutter (not the sway) with the sniper rifles, and the damage that vehicles take when going over the smallest bump.

I'd also vote for having a noob school (or tutorial if you want to be nice) as well, so before anyone can go play the game they have to spend 10-15 minutes learning the basics (basic ground combat, how to use vehicles, unlocks, etc etc) so they don't pester the rest of us in game.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-09-01 22:38:55)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6751|Upper Franconia
I agree with teh first option only.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6593|Iceland
lag = your fault. Put graphics on low, its the only way i cant play with my crap grpahic card and 2.5 GB ram : /

Last edited by [n00b]Tyler (2006-09-05 08:10:59)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6545|Doncaster, UK
Vehicle damage from driving, the hover tank (although I'm sure i'll get used to it) and the sniper swaying, but the main problem is the muzzle flash on the PAC weapons. Once you start shooting you can't see jack shit!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Proxus wrote:

LOL@you...

Hell yeah!!!  The Hover Tank is the best thing about 2142.  If you know how to drive it, you can drift circles around the enemy track tank, dodging their shells.  Fire the main gun, drift, F2, take out infantry, F1... rinse and repeat.  And to boot, virtually immune to "bump" damage.   I'll intentionally gun it to the enemy base to steal the hover tank.  Forget the track tank, it's just garbage, taking damage on anywhere but flat land.

Second best is the Engineer one-shot one-kill from behind Anti-Tank direct shot unlock.

The Engineer SMG is nice too.  Going 11 K/D with it.  It's actually pretty good at strafe shooting. 

What I don't like is having to drop the vehicle sonar to make it work.  It should be passive always on like the squad leader UAV.

Regarding prone sniping, definitely get rid of the wobbling.  Reload time is way too long too.  Anyone try sniping down from the Titan?

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-09-05 13:10:13)

Rimbo
+1|6571|Inside ur armpit.
Vhedicals wtfs this?,learn to spell son,then maybe i will vote.nub.
l41e
+677|6647

Why is everyone complaining about the sniper rifle view sway? Z0mG, your scope isn't absolutely-perfectly-1337ly still like in BF2? Deal with it. Heck, with the amount of people with G15s here...just make a f-ing macro for counteracting it! Personally I love it. It leaves the sniping to those who are willing to deal with it. Those who don't, well, that's why you see so many Lambert Carbine kill messages.

EU sniper rifle (SR4): Scope goes directly up and down evenly.
PAC sniper rifle (Park 52): Scope goes up and down and to the right evenly.

Just be glad you're not playing BF1942 or America's Army, where the scope goes all over the place.

(and no - for those of you who are about to make the "bipod" argument - no, bipods do not magically make guns stand still. to do that you need a good tripod. plus the SR4 doesn't even have a bipod.)

In fact this gives me idea for my BF2 mod: give all weapons sway while zoomed in.
Hellfire(Fish)
Your Favorite Whiny Liberal
+8|6504|Alabama, United States

Proxus wrote:

-i think its pretty sad when you can get outsniped by a fucking assault rifle...
-the FAV transport jeeps take ungodly amounts of damage from just driving around, gimme my humvee...
-FAV gun has no affect on gunships (wtb 50 cal for it so i can snipe helis again)
-Missles STILL fly completly through things, and this includes tank shells...
-The POD nerf is total bs... being able to pod jump across the map actually made the game fun, now its just retardedly slow paced.
-and for fucks sake fix this "you have lost your connection to the server" bullshit... every time i get back into the swing of things, i get droped and all awards progress is lost... (yes i know its getting wiped, but if they dont fix this it will persist in retail)

LOL@you...

The Sniper rifle seems fine to me,
and IMO The FAV not being able to affect gunships is a bit better than the ridiculous Rofl-FAV sniping going on in BF2 across the map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard