DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6559|Search Whore killing fields
Man im throwing in the towel on these. I noticed the only way you will get anything with these is if you got someone higher then staff sarge. the others just get it and have no, NO clue on what they are doing. Today i was on wake, this private 1st class is waiting for helo with me. He e gets in gunner and and deosnt realize hes got tv missles, and he also deosnt speak english. Fuckin great. I let him pilot... We didnt make it past arty island without crashing. I just took the F-18 when we tok airfield and got 30 orso kills. So my reason for post is planes are better then helos. If i get 2nd seat in a 2seater plane with anyone i dont care i still get driver assist points.
ssonrats
+221|6667
M95 him out and fly solo
Slickfish
+24|6645
I find the helo's always attract the idiots on a server, the arse hole who TK for them, flip you if you get in as they want there mate to gun.
But yeah I get what you mean about having a pilot/gunner who clearly hasn't bothered to learn how to fly/gun properly.

I find I enjoy bf2 more when I stay away from the helo, so unless its sitting idle I tend to leave it alone.
[JUK]semerkhet
+3|6653
Here's a thought, try teaching these people to fly/gun properly, and if they dont speak your language, try learning each others as well, or at least enough for "TV missile right mouse button"

why people go on about someone not knowing how to fly properly because they are new....well your answers right there, you wouldnt expect a learner driver to go win the world rally championship would you.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6701|In You Endo- Stoke
Yeah you are right,there always someone there waiting for you that can't hit a barn door,and you have to explain the TV missile too.(which they proceed to fire straight.)

Or when you spot a chopper line it up for them,then they start firing the machine gun,"hey dude in the chopper!,i behind you if you want 2 kills!"

The worst thing i hate is when you jump in the chopper and they go to the punish area and kill you cus they want a friend to be with them.

Lastly i forget the amount of times i have got out of a heli cus they have asked me too.I don't i have ever seen someone jump out on my account.
God i need to start being an arsehole more,all i get is thanks and thats it they won't do it for me next time.
RAHHHHHHHH!

edit:in responce to the person above me,thats what singleplayer is for,i learnt there (flying) then went and did it.

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2006-08-31 02:38:04)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6606|England

DirtyMexican wrote:

Man im throwing in the towel on these. I noticed the only way you will get anything with these is if you got someone higher then staff sarge.
Excatly, as snobby as it sounds i wont fly with anyone before a first sergeant (my rank). Id prefer to solo.
Longbow
+163|6669|Odessa, Ukraine
Fly with clanmates = no probs . And yeah , more RAM you & your mate have , better your chances to get both choper sits are .
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6676
I don't usually trust people below sgt. major, and I've had lieutenants and above who couldn't gun or fly the helo worth a damn either.  I hope in situations like that that it is a 24/7 Karkand type of player who is just now getting to the other maps.  Still, to not be able to gun in the chopper is mind blowing to me, because the TV missles are really not that hard to use, and the guns are very deadly...even as a newbie in the gunner seat I was decent.  Stuff like that is why I pretty much gave up on flying with anyone besides people I know to be good, friends, and randoms with ranks over first lieutenant.

I spent hours practicing in single player and in small servers to build up my skills before wasting others' time in a full, ranked server environment, and it's amazingly frustrating that many people who are very mediocre or even bad at flying AND gunning will nonetheless wait for the chopper over and over, all map long, and think nothing of splitting up a good 2-man team who is doing a lot to help the team win.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
[JUK]semerkhet
+3|6653

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

edit:in responce to the person above me,thats what singleplayer is for,i learnt there (flying) then went and did it.
yeah your right...or co-op with one other person could be an even better way to get used to it.
evil_twin
+6|6707

[JUK]semerkhet wrote:

why people go on about someone not knowing how to fly properly because they are new....well your answers right there, you wouldnt expect a learner driver to go win the world rally championship would you.
What's that got to do with anything?  I wouldn't expect a learner driver to ENTER the world rally championship either.  He or she would have practiced a bit and not be a total learner before entering.  People should have the courtesy to learn to use the gunner position BEFORE getting their pilot killed stupidly.  Even if it's just 20 minutes on single player so you know the controls!
Xilas The M!gty
+8|6583

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I don't usually trust people below sgt. major, and I've had lieutenants and above who couldn't gun or fly the helo worth a damn either.  I hope in situations like that that it is a 24/7 Karkand type of player who is just now getting to the other maps.  Still, to not be able to gun in the chopper is mind blowing to me, because the TV missles are really not that hard to use, and the guns are very deadly...even as a newbie in the gunner seat I was decent.  Stuff like that is why I pretty much gave up on flying with anyone besides people I know to be good, friends, and randoms with ranks over first lieutenant.

I spent hours practicing in single player and in small servers to build up my skills before wasting others' time in a full, ranked server environment, and it's amazingly frustrating that many people who are very mediocre or even bad at flying AND gunning will nonetheless wait for the chopper over and over, all map long, and think nothing of splitting up a good 2-man team who is doing a lot to help the team win.
Absolutely agree! This is my words! Sometimes i cant believe dat people are so dumb.Fly like a drunk redneck and shoot like fresh pussy. All those noskill morons got purple heart definetly. Peace to all who are actually taking some time for practice and and not just messin/smellin around.

PS: sorry for english iam from Czech
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6729|67.222.138.85
Get in the server with a buddy and steal the enemy chopper.
Cpt.Crambone
+4|6686|Chi-town, USA

[JUK]semerkhet wrote:

Here's a thought, try teaching these people to fly/gun properly, and if they dont speak your language, try learning each others as well, or at least enough for "TV missile right mouse button"

A learner Driver?  I'd be smart enough not to get in the car with one...

Likewise in the game, if the pilot has less than a cluster of chevrons, I'm going to chance it with the boat.
Battlesucker
+0|6471
I can move the chopper from a to b, nothing else. It´s not good for the combat to use the chopper if you can´t fly.
If I want to learn it i take practice in the singleplayer mode.
I can´t understand why 6 guys of a 12-man-team are hanging around on the carrier, waiting for a chopper.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6794|London UK

Hmm thats not the worst thing, I dont mind a pilot at least trying to fly, even if he is not very good, I will help him and give him advice, then after a while I will chose to fly him instead, those people are cool.

The worst motherfucking scum (sorry I really fucking hate them) are these fucking cock suckers that sit in the gunner seat expecting YOU to fly them.

And Im not just talking about noobs here, you get some that are indeed good gunner, but they either havnt been bothered or simply do not want to fly. Those are the people I take over to the edge of the combat area.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6811|Singapore

BUDFORCE wrote:

And Im not just talking about noobs here, you get some that are indeed good gunner, but they either havnt been bothered or simply do not want to fly. Those are the people I take over to the edge of the combat area.
2nded.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6641|Cork, Ireland
It's bearz!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6685|under there hayousaidunderwear
Me and my clan mate stalker2200 do co-op games sometimes just to own the bots and practice our teamwork in the choppers....it helps a lot because if you crash no biggie....no one is going to steal your chopper when it respawns.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6811|Singapore

Yes yes *huggles the gun toting penguin while licking his chops*
JohnnySupreme
+23|6517
All I can say is that we all started somewhere.  If I am gunner in a chopper and the pilot is no good and crashes, I will consider leaving the chopper to try something else.  Its not my chopper, I am not a chopper whore and the pilot was only trying to learn.  Please remember that its just a game.

Also, I have encountered many self confessed "elite" pilots who insist on flying.  Many of these are really not very good themselves.  I'm not the best chopper pilot in the world, far from it, but I am good enough to know who is good and who is not.  If I am honest, a player who is trying to learn is far less annoying than a so called super pilot who hogs the chopper but is not actually any use to anyone.
Delphy
+45|6607|Bristol, UK
The worst thing is when its on wake and they just go straight for the north tip, trying to rocket the tank, we get stingered and gunned to death in about 2 seconds. GG nub.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6472|United States
Alot of the time they fly to low and I can see anything out of the tv missle camera, or they'll ignore enemy helo's and obvious targets.
slicknic
+145|6648
tell em to watch my tutorial =x.. oh and the next one comin out..
Shadow893
lel
+75|6714|England
Either M95 NOOB EJECT them out ( as my thing to the left shows) or if you're american with the carrier, fly into the boat bay and wait for them to get out if you don't want to lose points.
alpinestar
+304|6618|New York City baby.
tell em tell em, just say uninstall battlefield 2 dick head.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard